PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2018 NFL DRAFT/PATRIOT-TYPE THREAD

Been watching this guy for years. Very highly recruited coming out with big expectations. More coming...

Last edited:
Fav player in College Football rn. He's a Donald clone. Wont be coming out this year but in 19 and he'll be a top 5 pick. 66 TKL, 23 TFL, 5 Sacks, 3 FF & 9 PD

Unbelievable power and strength. Just explosive off the snap. Coming into college his hands were his biggest weakness. They've gotten better but need to continue to improve.
His ability to knife and cut through the line/traffic is 2nd to none. Gives the linemen no target to hit or grab.
Watching him move is something in itself. Really goes for a guy that size. 6'2/290 with the ability to add some weight. Built in leverage but already plays with great pad level.

Last edited:
Never forget Scar. Ever.

Cannon has been amazing tho. He's always been smart but his athleticism & intelligence are peaking. At least last year. The confidence is there.

I remember reading a quote from Scar about him using or not using his length and you can see the difference.

In both the pass & run game.

I see a guy who beats his man to spot consistently. Once there its easier to play w/ balance, get set & attack.

And when he is punching, using those arms. Hes doing it player specific.

Last edited:
Been watching this guy for years. Very highly recruited coming out with big expectations. More coming...

Intriguing player. Just enjoyed him a bit last night. He should add some meat if he wants to survive though. Should not rush to declare.

I wonder if WR pick is among top options in 2018. Looks like one spot will open after Danny. Hogan and Cooks are set for FA in 2019. Julian might be retiring by that time as well, so while this group is incredibly set for next 2 years, its wide open beyond that.

Hogan might be a keeper at reasonable cost. Lucien & co will have to show big improvement to be anything more than backups.

Kirk would be the answer. But he'll be long gone. He was born to play for Pats but like with McCaffrey (or in my case even more so) . we'll have to watch him somewhere else..

Intriguing player. Just enjoyed him a bit last night. He should add some meat if he wants to survive though. Should not rush to declare.

I wonder if WR pick is among top options in 2018. Looks like one spot will open after Danny. Hogan and Cooks are set for FA in 2019. Julian might be retiring by that time as well, so while this group is incredibly set for next 2 years, its wide open beyond that.

Hogan might be a keeper at reasonable cost. Lucien & co will have to show big improvement to be anything more than backups.

Kirk would be the answer. But he'll be long gone. He was born to play for Pats but like with McCaffrey (or in my case even more so) . we'll have to watch him somewhere else..

Yeah I'm gunna write him up in a few. He's a very nice prospect.

I'm in the minority on Kirk. Like him but theres a great chance he won't make my top 5-7. It's a great WR class. I could see him being there for our 1st, not 2nd. Would we go WR rd 1?

I agree about adding a WR too. In 2 years we'll have an entirely new group.

Yeah I'm gunna write him up in a few. He's a very nice prospect.

I'm in the minority on Kirk. Like him but theres a great chance he won't make my top 5-7. It's a great WR class. I could see him being there for our 1st, not 2nd. Would we go WR rd 1?

I agree about adding a WR too. In 2 years we'll have an entirely new group.

Well, DB has Kirk #7 WR, so you're in a good company . (St. Brown #9).
Looking at life after (my old binkie) Edelman . Kirk seems a dream . He even made “Edelman's catch“ before Edelman (well kind of..) . Look at end of Tenn tape:

Well, DB has Kirk #7 WR, so you're in a good company . (St. Brown #9).
Looking at life after (my old binkie) Edelman . Kirk seems a dream . He even made “Edelman's catch“ before Edelman (well kind of..) . Look at end of Tenn tape:

He'd be an excellent fit here. I just don't buy the top ten hype I've seen some places but everything evens out. He's def a top 50 type player.

Btw Edleman absolutely deserves his # retired.

He's made plays on ST'S, D & Obviously Offense.

Clutch catches, huge hits and always hard to take down.

What hes done should never be understated.

I always look for ankles and legs if I can. Mixon looks thick throughout while Gordon's legs are almost missing. Ty's got some calves.

Looks at Lee's paws. Fuxk yea Those are NFL long fat fingers.

Josh Sweat is up on 1st page. Good prospect but has a long way to go physically and technique wise.

EQB & Bradley Chubb coming tonight

Chubb has a lot of potential and a NFL ready body. If he has a monster year I could see him making a play for RUSH #1 depending on what happens.

Vick and Jackson comps. Vick def ahead of Jackson at this point. Jackson def has what it takes. Basically has to bring it snap to snap.

Also should be noted that Andre Davis was hurt and saw a lot of those targets Vick threw so his #'s might be a lil low

If most underclassmen declare this draft could be all time great with or without Darnold who might stay. Even excluding QB'S it's filled with prototypes and tons of solid depth behind them.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back