PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2018 DRAFT QB THREAD

Good problem to have. U guys always have studs 2 deep.

Not a QB but what do u think of Tavon Bryan from UF?
He still has to put it together to warrant the comparisons to Watt, but he's a high motor guy that was capable of taking on frequent double teams and was a force against the run. I think being stuck behind Brantley in the past may have ******ed his growth a bit, but his ceiling is very high with the right coaching.

Good problem to have. U guys always have studs 2 deep.

Not a QB but what do u think of Tavon Bryan from UF?

Well, we lost Corral but we plucked Emory Jones away from Ohio State. Any thoughts on him? Looks like the prototypical QB for the read option offense that Mullen is looking to implement.

Well, we lost Corral but we plucked Emory Jones away from Ohio State. Any thoughts on him? Looks like the prototypical QB for the read option offense that Mullen is looking to implement.

I really think it's for the best. Both QB'S are going to places that fit them better.

Supposedly Jones has a tremendous football I.Q. but he also has an arm. I think he really wants to become a pocket passer that has legs. Which ultimately I believe he'll have to do to succeed bc his speed isn't great but he can def make a play. Seems like a coachable kid with a cannon.

Corral will have an unbelievable duo in Brown & Metcalf. D.K. is a grown man. Dude is fierce. Corral should have a very good year.

One name off the board: Clayton Thorson

Smart move. He’s very raw and would benefit from an extra year at the collegiate level. I wish more kids would do this to be honest. We’d have more polished, pro-ready quarterbacks coming out every year.

I really think it's for the best. Both QB'S are going to places that fit them better.

Supposedly Jones has a tremendous football I.Q. but he also has an arm. I think he really wants to become a pocket passer that has legs. Which ultimately I believe he'll have to do to succeed bc his speed isn't great but he can def make a play. Seems like a coachable kid with a cannon.

Corral will have an unbelievable duo in Brown & Metcalf. D.K. is a grown man. Dude is fierce. Corral should have a very good year.
Not to hijack the thread, but do you see Mullen and Jones bringing UF back to their heyday offensively?

Not to hijack the thread, but do you see Mullen and Jones bringing UF back to their heyday offensively?

I think you alluded to biggest obstacle for success or one at least. Players leaving early, continuity blown up.

I have a lot of faith in Mullen. Alex Smith, Tebow, Nick Fitz, Leak etc Mullens has proven to make it work.

Jones is absolutely a Mullens guy imo. If Jones stays & buys in, it should work.

Mullens seemed genuinely happy on getting him too.

Fwiw the 2 big names to watch out for in the future are Trevor Lawrence (Clemson) and Justin Fields (UG)

Lawrence is already 6'6/210. Seems very poised & relaxed. Rocket arm.

Fields is 6'3/225 & supposedly can run a 4.50. Everyone that's around him notes his presence & command on the field. Apparently very adaptable. Can process info quick & execute it. Team guy

Fwiw the 2 big names to watch out for in the future are Trevor Lawrence (Clemson) and Justin Fields (UG)

Lawrence is already 6'6/210. Seems very poised & relaxed. Rocket arm.

Fields is 6'3/225 & supposedly can run a 4.50. Everyone that's around him notes his presence & command on the field. Apparently very adaptable. Can process info quick & execute it. Team guy

I think Lawrence, in particular, is going to be a monster in the Clemson offense. I think the only thing he probably needs to do is build a little more muscle on that frame for the style of offense they run up there. Outside of that, he's got the arm and pocket presence to succeed.

Drew Lock going back to school

For BB, though, he has the "dual threat" albatross around his neck.

Justin Fields reminds me of Russell Wilson. Rate Fields so highly. Will follow him closely over the next years to see what happens

Justin Fields reminds me of Russell Wilson. Rate Fields so highly. Will follow him closely over the next years to see what happens

Ya coming into the year Fields was my #1 overall guy w Lawrence right behind. Lawrence is just unicorn like. Seen him make a 60-65 yard across the field dime right on the sidelines. Dude could easily be the Randy Johnson of QBS

Both are so amazing at such a young age. This class as a whole has something special about. Some super talented, HUGE kids. I swear a saw like 15-20 dudes at 6'5+ !

Ya coming into the year Fields was my #1 overall guy w Lawrence right behind. Lawrence is just unicorn like. Seen him make a 60-65 yard across the field dime right on the sidelines. Dude could easily be the Randy Johnson of QBS

Both are so amazing at such a young age. This class as a whole has something special about. Some super talented, HUGE kids. I swear a saw like 15-20 dudes at 6'5+ !

It will interesting to see how they will be used, in their college schemes. I’m hoping fields will be allowed to become the pocket passer he is rather than a RPO QB. The other thing with fields is that he is a two sport guy, baseball I heard he’s being drafted as well.

Trevor Lawerence reminds me of Matt Stafford, massive frame, and a huge arm. Will be interesting to see how he goes in the next year or so.

These could be the potential Heirs to TB12.

This year has some very very good QBs coming into the college game.

I would love to see the Pats draft Luke Falk, he kind of had a down year but he played the majority of the season with a broken hand/wrist (non throwing hand). Because of that we could probably get him in the 3rd or 4th round. And an added bonus he is obsessed with TB12 he pre-order Tom's cookbook and buys into that whole TB12 methodology. Anyways check him out definitely worth a look.

PS...He's from Washington State so it would just be fitting that TB12 took the QB job from a Washington State QB (Bledsoe) and then when TB12 is done he hands the reins off to a Washington State QB (Falk). The whole thing seems so perfect like it is scripted for a Hollywood movie.

I would love to see the Pats draft Luke Falk, he kind of had a down year but he played the majority of the season with a broken hand/wrist (non throwing hand). Because of that we could probably get him in the 3rd or 4th round. And an added bonus he is obsessed with TB12 he pre-order Tom's cookbook and buys into that whole TB12 methodology. Anyways check him out definitely worth a look.

PS...He's from Washington State so it would just be fitting that TB12 took the QB job from a Washington State QB (Bledsoe) and then when TB12 is done he hands the reins off to a Washington State QB (Falk). The whole thing seems so perfect like it is scripted for a Hollywood movie.

I'm not a Falk fan tbh. Just too many things going against for me. I agree about his placement, at times and does a few things well but I don't see a franchise QB.

I like Lamar Jackson personally think he has a lot to learn as a pocket passer but seems he wants to learn. Shame that it looks like Josh Mcdaniels is going to be going as would of loved to see what he could do with him...

Not sure if he’s draft eligible yet but I like LSU QB from the limited viewing I have seen of him.

Haven’t really done a lot of looks at QBs this year. I’m not sold on this draft as far as QBs there looks to be two decent once’s. Apart from that nothing special, there’s no Peyton Manning, Luck, or Brady type players.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back