PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bettis and Big Ben crying again about Patriots cheating in 2004 AFC championship game

Jimmy Johnson said his Cowboys did it and so did every other NFL team. It was just another of many layers of preparedness by professional sports teams.

Tom Brady winning a Super Bowl his first year with the Bucs, then nearly repeating, annnihilated all of this crying. It sounds more pathetic now than it ever did.

Bitter losers lol.

Oh I'm sorry what's this about cheating?

jones.gif

And let's not forget the rest:
The Pittsburgh Steelers Complete Cheating History

I wanna hear Ben cry about the 16 AFC Championship game
My youngest son and I were at that game. One great memory was the yellow flags spinning like ceiling fans on steroids at the beginning and then seeing them gradually slow down as the game went on. And then they stopped.

ah yea that language sounds familiar, i thought there was also detrails about how the camera has to be enclosed (sort of like the review booth cameras)

but the semantics of that suggests that its perfectly legal to tape signals, so long as its not done from a location that is accessible to club stuff during the game
Didn't the Pats actually violate that memo?

My favorite part of that whole thing was when Jets fans decided that a violation of a memo a couple of years later was enough of a reason to void the Pats SB wins in 2001, 03 and 04.

Brady destroyed all these stupid narratives when he won ring #7 his first year with the Bucs. Now only the biggest ******s bring it up.
Really? Then I'm surprised there aren't more Jet fans posting in this thread

Jimmy Johnson said his Cowboys did it and so did every other NFL team. It was just another of many layers of preparedness by professional sports teams.

Tom Brady winning a Super Bowl his first year with the Bucs, then nearly repeating, annnihilated all of this crying. It sounds more pathetic now than it ever did.
How exactly did Brady winning a SB with another team change the cheating narrative for the Pats?

How exactly did Brady winning a SB with another team change the cheating narrative for the Pats?
Does it really need to be explained to you how the greatest quarterback of all time going to the worst team in professional sports and winning a Super Bowl with them year #1, on the road, toppling Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes on his way to a 7th Lombardi, solidifying him without question as the Greatest Quarterback of All Time, destroyed the narrative that the six previous Super Bowls were a product of a system/cheating?

Because it’s pretty simple stuff.

This never ends. Literally every team that lost to the Patriots in a big game has to have a few players crying about cheating without any proof.
F both of em. They got beat soundly fair and square.
After 20 plus years why is this still a topic to some dumb ass opposing players. If the Patriots were cheating that would of been disclosed by some angry player who was cast off years ago. Asante Samuels comes to mind. If they were cheating the rules he would of been more then happy to spill the beans.

After 20 plus years why is this still a topic to some dumb ass opposing players. If the Patriots were cheating that would of been disclosed by some angry player who was cast off years ago. Asante Samuels comes to mind. If they were cheating the rules he would of been more then happy to spill the beans.

speak of the devil...

speak of the devil...

I like that Asante just speaks without a filter. And he’s right. It’s an especially bad look from Roethlisberger because he **** the bed in that game, and as we know, this was never about offensive plays being stolen. Offenses use headsets to call in their plays.

In almost every Steelers-Patriots game, the factor has been that Brady is so much better than Little Brother Ben. Although he would get his stats and TDs after getting into a big hole, I don’t recall him ever stepping up and playing like a star QB against the Patriots in so many opportunities.

Seriously, it's truly remarkable that Belichick still occupies the space in their heads, rent-free, 19 years later. A thing of beauty!
Do Big Ben and Bawling Bettis realize how pathetic this makes them look?
Duh. Dudes! I remember that night as though it were yesterday. The Pats hung 41 points on you!
So just STFU already.

This discussion is not about that at all. This thread was started because Ben & Bettis chriped that the Pats stole their offensive signals during a 4th and 1 play during the 2004 AFCC game. The video in the post I quoted shows that they did no such thing and highlighted how stupid Roethlisberger & Bettis were to claim that.

They honestly think that Belichick called over Ted Johnson to tell him what play was being run in the 150 milliseconds that they spoke? Belichick basically told Johnson that it was Bettis up the gut. The whole world watching that game knew this. That's not stealing signals. That's playing sound football.

If Big Ben had checked out of that run and attempted to throw the ball and we adjusted right away out of our goal line package, then they just might - a teeny tiny bit - might have had a valid argument. But they lined up for Bettis to take the plunge and the Pats stuffed him.

Screw them with these claims. It was great defense, not cheating.

These players that claim every good play that the Patriots make is because of cheating just pisses me off. It's due to good coaching that they make these plays, not any sort of cheating. Malcolm Butler's INT was all due to coaching. Thank god they had practice footage of that very play or else we'd have the Seahawks claiming that they cheated there too.
The thing that gets me is that opposing players really don't get the amount of film study or one-note robotic stuff that Belichick is/was capable of. You add another layer with Ernie Adams and his ability to analyze film and tendencies. Then, on top of that, you get Brady's level of focus and driving the culture of winning that we are learning more about now that he's gone. It's a perfect storm.

I like that Asante just speaks without a filter. And he’s right. It’s an especially bad look from Roethlisberger because he **** the bed in that game, and as we know, this was never about offensive plays being stolen. Offenses use headsets to call in their plays.

In almost every Steelers-Patriots game, the factor has been that Brady is so much better than Little Brother Ben. Although he would get his stats and TDs after getting into a big hole, I don’t recall him ever stepping up and playing like a star QB against the Patriots in so many opportunities.
3 AFCCG's - 3-0 and 2 were in Pitt!

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back