PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best trade partner for our number 1 pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

SONS_OF_BELICHICK

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I was thinking that ....teams are going to go after QB's at the end of the first or early part of the 2nd. Who would be the best trade partner for us?
I am not sure if Buffalo would do it....but we all know BB likes to trade back to get some good picks .....especially in a deep draft

Tampa?

Apparently Schiano isn't sold on Freeman and they have a decent amount of picks (1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7). If they can do a deal to get the 2nd rounder and both 4th round picks that would be a good deal for both teams.

Tampa?

Apparently Schiano isn't sold on Freeman and they have a decent amount of picks (1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7). If they can do a deal to get the 2nd rounder and both 4th round picks that would be a good deal for both teams.

Agree with Tampa give us back that 4th we traded for Talib :D

I was thinking that ....teams are going to go after QB's at the end of the first or early part of the 2nd. Who would be the best trade partner for us?
I am not sure if Buffalo would do it....but we all know BB likes to trade back to get some good picks .....especially in a deep draft

In general, has this "trading down for value" strategy worked? The flotsam and jetsam in the defensive backfield the last 4 or 5 years would lead a level headed fan to say no....

Keep the pick or trade up and draft someone who can play and contribute this season.

Buffalo would seem to be a good possibility, if Nassib is still on the board. BB and Marrone are reportedly friendly. Agree with Tampa as well.

I'd prefer their 4th :)

To make the trade equitable (trade value table), the Patriots would
need to get Tampa's 2nd round pick, Tampa's 4th round pick, and
something else.

Last year, Belichick got short-changed in his deals to trade down.
Luckily, they got Dennard with one of the picks they obtained.

To make the trade equitable (trade value table), the Patriots would
need to get Tampa's 2nd round pick, Tampa's 4th round pick, and
something else.

Last year, Belichick got short-changed in his deals to trade down.
Luckily, they got Dennard with one of the picks they obtained.

Tampa sending the 2nd round pick and both 4th round picks is just under equal value of #29.

maybe a late pick in 2014 to go with their 2nd and a 4th in 2013.

IMO we should keep 29.

I don't think that anyone but Buffalo has Nassib rated highly. Most think that Buffalo will draft him with their 2nd rounder.

Buffalo would seem to be a good possibility, if Nassib is still on the board. BB and Marrone are reportedly friendly. Agree with Tampa as well.

I don't think that anyone but Buffalo has Nassib rated highly. Most think that Buffalo will draft him with their 2nd rounder.

LOL how would you possibly know?

He called the GM from Buffalo....and said he was BB :p

I don't think Buffalo has him rated highly either. That's just easy dots for the mediots to connect.

IMO we should keep 29.

We should, but we dont have enough picks. We only have 4 picks if we get Sanders. I think we should trade down to acquire more picks. I also think that with what we have at this point with our roster, we will need depth at positions and possible starters in case we have a ton of injuries. I think we should draft a CB, WR, DE, S, OT, and OG.

We should, but we dont have enough picks. We only have 4 picks if we get Sanders. I think we should trade down to acquire more picks. I also think that with what we have at this point with our roster, we will need depth at positions and possible starters in case we have a ton of injuries. I think we should draft a CB, WR, DE, S, OT, and OG.

There was no reduction in picks. Sanders counts as a pick. Just like Moss and Welker did. What mystical force makes a pick used to acquire a vet not a pick???

I do agree that if feasible, trading down in a deep draft could be a good move given our needs as you described.

There was no reduction in picks. Sanders counts as a pick. Just like Moss and Welker did. What mystical force makes a pick used to acquire a vet not a pick???

I do agree that if feasible, trading down in a deep draft could be a good move given our needs as you described.

I understand that Sanders would count as a pick. I am not saying that he isn't. What I am saying is that having only 4 picks in a deep defensive draft, the Patriots should trade down to get more picks to add depth. What killed us most over the years especially in the last superbowl and AFC Championship game was that depth was a factor. Cole for instance covering Boldin which killed us. I understand he is more of an ST guy, but we need true cbs as back up because of uncertainty with Talib staying healthy.

I think our best trade partners are teams in the top 12 that have CB/DT needs but are drafting too high to take certain prospects are likely to trade back into the end of the 1st to get someone at those positions. The other reason I say top 12 teams is that most of those teams have brand new head coaches and what better way to create some excitement and play politics than drafting top 12 and then again at the end of the 1st?

Chargers, Eagles, Jaguars and Browns come to mind mostly.

I think our best trade partners are teams in the top 12 that have CB/DT needs but are drafting too high to take certain prospects are likely to trade back into the end of the 1st to get someone at those positions. The other reason I say top 12 teams is that most of those teams have brand new head coaches and what better way to create some excitement and play politics than drafting top 12 and then again at the end of the 1st?

Chargers, Eagles, Jaguars and Browns come to mind mostly.

I was thinking the Jags trading up to grab Barkley. We could get their 2nd and some later round picks. You are right that the teams you mention could trade up. I could even see the Ravens trading up to #29 to grab Elam before the niners because the niners need to replace goldson. Once I am finished with my last class and picking up my son from daycare, I will make another mock draft with trades tonight which I will post in the draft forum!

I think we need to trade Mallett personally but either way I'd find something other than 29 to generate picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes