PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best Game Announcers?

Folks, unfortunately, Patriots RB great Jim Nance died several years ago.

Well, maybe he's a real diehard football guy. :cool:

Summerall and Madden were the best duo until Madden got old and went senile. His MNF weren't as good as his Fox days.

Keith Jackson, as someone else mentioned, was great for CFB.

No votes for Dennis Miller yet??

Dan Dierdorf #1 Color guy, debate closed.

Sims and Nance are my fav,

the one I cant stand the most is Mike Mayock I hate hearing about every players combine numbers and how many Draft picks each team has During a game and why dose he bring up the pats and there front office as much as he can in games were the pats are not playing LOL dose he think BB is going to give him a job

I like Nantz/Simms. Troy Aikman is fine, but with Joe Buck on his side... oh boy, its so exciting... like watching grass growing.

I hate Dierdorf, Fouts and Collinsworth.

I love Al Michaels but am lukewarm about Collinsworth. I love Nantz and Simms.

Joe Buck is boring but Aikman is growing on me. Dierdorf and his pal should surrender their broadcasting rights.

TNF crew should be fired. Mike Tirico is decent.

Nessler puts me to sleep. Too droll and matter-of-fact, never any excitement in his delivery.

I hear that, but I give him high marks for sharpness and accuracy.

Surprised to see so much love for Nantz (certainly a Manning fan above all else--felt like he was always actively rooting for the colts against the pats), Michaels (ok, but seems more of a generalist and not a pure football guy--kind of like Tirico) and most of all Collinsworth, who is a good analyst but has a smarmy yet arrogant delivery that can be nauseating at times.

Simms and Nantz are good but Simms is a little all over the place and sometimes doesnt say exactly what he feels.

collinsworth is sometimes too blunt but can read plays better than simms and calls out players sometimes.

Al Michaels is the best. No contest IMO. Down and distance, time on the clock, timeouts ,yards is on the mark - tells you everything on every play .And he has a great knack of funny one liners for the betters when someone scores a TD late in a blowout game or something else going on in the crowd, for e.g during the Seattle/SF game they were talking about the weather or something and suddenly the camera for no reason panned to one of the seattle cheerleaders and held on for a second or so and he quipped 'Thats a nice segue way' and things like these

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/r...sworth-provide-comic-relief-article-1.1207450

I would also add, few yrs ago- Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long did a college bowl game. I expected a disaster but they were terrific. Bradshaw called out plays just after they happened ,informative and just football. I was very surprised how good they were.

Ian Eagle is definitely my favorite play by play guy. Color guys I don't really care about. I guess Rich Gannon seems to do a good job. Favorite broadcast team is Michaels and Collinsowrth.

Ian eagle is a jèts homer from ny....don't like him :cool:

Sims and Nance are my fav,

the one I cant stand the most is Mike Mayock I hate hearing about every players combine numbers and how many Draft picks each team has During a game and why dose he bring up the pats and there front office as much as he can in games were the pats are not playing LOL dose he think BB is going to give him a job

I like Tom Brady too, but Mayock drones on and on about him or a player that hes fallen in love with thats it sickening.

Folks, unfortunately, Patriots RB great Jim Nance died several years ago.

The guy who is on CBS Sports is Jim Nantz.

Keep up the good work.

See, you do offer something of value here!

i go with Jim Nantz and Phil Simms

Marv Albert no matter which sport he does, used to love his call when Grogan was runnin & carvin up Jets back in late 70s & 80s.

I know I am a paranoid useless homer, but I always feel like everyone on TV is rooting against the Pats, particularly when we are down in a game. Lots of times I have to turn down the TV sound because the announcers are making me crazy. I would much rather listen to Gil Santos and Gino Capellitti (sp?) than anyone else call a Pats game. Again, I am saying this with a homer's rose colored glasses, but they always struck me as calm, fair to the other team and folksy. Now that they are retired, I don't really like the new guy much (does he sound like the Indy radio guy to anyone else?) and he and Zolak haven't really jelled yet, IMO. The new guy's voice grates on me.

I'll go with Sims and Nance as the least of all evils, but I can't say they (or anyone else for that matter) is the best or my favorite. Too bad we couldn't capture Gil and Geno in a bottle. When it is someone other than the Pats playing, most everyone is okay, except for Dan Dierdork and Joe Buck. Those two are buffoons.

Al Michaels
Phil Simms
Best duo : Nantz-Simms

Surprised to see so much love for Collinsworth, I absolutely can't stand him. I can't remember the name of the play-by-play caller last week against the Bucs but he's one of my favorites too, which is pretty rare coming from FOX.

Gill and Geno I'll take them two over anyone on tv. But if I had to pick people on tv i would be Jim Nantz and Phil Simms

Here are a few I grew up watching that were good in their day. Sure everyone gets old but here you go.

Al DeRogatis, Curt Gowdy, Chris Schenkel, **** Enberg, John Madden.

Simms and Nantz for the newer ones.

Mike Patrick from ESPN was pretty good.

Can't stand Collingsworth

I like the Sunday night pre-game show.
I like the ESPN Sunday and Monday night pregame shows

I don't care for the CBS or Fox Pre-game or Halftime shows.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back