PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bengals resting starters

I don't know. I think the Cincy offense will obliterate us. I would much rather face Allen/Bills.
Disagree. Our defense is way, way better than any cinci has obliterated.
In any event Cincinnati defense isn’t close to as good as buffalos.

Disagree. Our defense is way, way better than any cinci has obliterated.
In any event Cincinnati defense isn’t close to as good as buffalos.
Their coaching is also untested too unlike Buffalo so I do like that. But I think Cincy is one of the favs to go to the AFCCG. I think Allen will throw us a couple of picks.

We just pissed away the top seed and the division. So frustrating.

That's this team. Reminds me of 05-06. Beat down on crappy teams and then do puzzling things. This team was 2-4. No confidence in the run defense, or the offensive coordinator

Their coaching is also untested too unlike Buffalo so I do like that. But I think Cincy is one of the favs to go to the AFCCG. I think Allen will throw us a couple of picks.
You are severely overrating the bungles.

The Pats are 8 - 2 in their last 10 games and you are frustrated. Would not want to be in your shoes.
All we had to win was split with the Bills/Colts and we are the #1 right now. Sorry but that is frustrating but I also realize that I probably overrated the team when we were on the winning streak.

Last edited:
I’m very frustrated that we lost the one seed (we would have gotten it with just one more win. Thinking of all the close losses this year… ugh).
But I’m not actually as upset about losing the division. I don’t think there’s that much of a difference between being the 3 seed or the 5 seed this year. As a 5 seed, our possible matchups are the bengals or bills. If you swapped our position with the bills, our likely possible matchups would be the bills or colts. Not much different.
And home field matters less than ever. Betting lines swing a lot less now. I think road teams may actually have a winning record this year.

I’m very frustrated that we lost the one seed (we would have gotten it with just one more win. Thinking of all the close losses this year… ugh).
But I’m not actually as upset about losing the division. I don’t think there’s that much of a difference between being the 3 seed or the 5 seed this year. As a 5 seed, our possible matchups are the bengals or bills. If you swapped our position with the bills, our likely possible matchups would be the bills or colts. Not much different.
And home field matters less than ever. Betting lines swing a lot less now. I think road teams may actually have a winning record this year.
If we win a division we have the top seed. Buffalo actually has no shot at the number one seed but we did because of our conference record and the fact that we beat Tennessee. It was all set up for the playoffs to go through Foxboro.

If we win a division we have the top seed. Buffalo actually has no shot at the number one seed but we did because of our conference record and the fact that we beat Tennessee. It was all set up for the playoffs to go through Foxboro.
team has played their better ball on the road though.
Almost a us against the world mentality to rally and bring the team together and focus.

I get it that we lost a couple tough games to Indy and Buf but this is also a team being led by a rookie QB. Your gonna have ups and downs.

If you were to tell me before the season that we’d win 10-11 games this year and make the playoffs id be very happy. Especially after last season.

team has played their better ball on the road though.
Almost a us against the world mentality to rally and bring the team together and focus.
They have also had much easier opponents on the road. That won't be the case in the postseason.

I get it that we lost a couple tough games to Indy and Buf but this is also a team being led by a rookie QB. Your gonna have ups and downs.

If you were to tell me before the season that we’d win 10-11 games this year and make the playoffs id be very happy. Especially after last season.
Overall it is a good season for sure. I think most of us thought this team would be a playoff team if Mac was able to pick up the offense which he did as a rookie.

But I don't think that takes away from the frustration of how the season unfolded and the chance the team had to be the top seed in the AFC. Those opportunities just don't come very often and you really want to seize them when you have them. We played some of our worst football versus the Colts and Buffalo. It is one thing to lose as those are good teams but it's another thing to know that we didn't play our best football and also had poor practices leading up to the Indy game. That's why I say we pissed it away. And that is the frustrating part.

Overall it is a good season for sure. I think most of us thought this team would be a playoff team if Mac was able to pick up the offense which he did as a rookie.

But I don't think that takes away from the frustration of how the season unfolded and the chance the team had to be the top seed in the AFC. Those opportunities just don't come very often and you really want to seize them when you have them. We played some of our worst football versus the Colts and Buffalo. It is one thing to lose as those are good teams but it's another thing to know that we didn't play our best football and also had poor practices leading up to the Indy game. That's why I say we pissed it away. And that is the frustrating part.

The problem I've noticed with you is that you are too emotional. You get upset easily over any adversity, whether it's the Bucs or the Pats. The Colts and 2nd Bills game were disappointments, but the team did have the moxie to come back against two very good clubs. Losses and disappointments are going to happen, it's how you bounce back that matters.

And BTW, the vast majority of people on this board did NOT think we were going to the playoffs before the season started. When we were 2-4, I started a thread asking everyone how many more wins will the Pats have. You literally had most people saying that the pats would win 5 or fewer more games. Only a handful of us thought that the Pats would win 8 or more. I myself thought that the Pats would win at least 9-10 more and we are one win away from that being a reality.

The problem I've noticed with you is that you are too emotional. You get upset easily over any adversity, whether it's the Bucs or the Pats. The Colts and 2nd Bills game were disappointments, but the team did have the moxie to come back against two very good clubs. Losses and disappointments are going to happen, it's how you bounce back that matters.
Lol. That's rich. Brady has made you an emotional cripple.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back