PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bengals board meltdown after Marvin Lewis contract

If there's a perfect example of someone with his head fully up his ass, it's Mike Brown. I can't imagine what kind of insularity and sycophancy this asshat has deeply burrowed himself in, as to be utterly oblivious to the state of his football team and completely ignorant of the outcry of the fanbase of that team, which is far smarter than he is.

It's not like Marvin Lewis is a terrible coach. They are in contention most years. Cincinatti is better off than about 20 other teams out there. He's kind of like Andy Reid. He can field a good team that get's you to the playoffs, just can't make it over that hump to the big game for some reason.

He's like the Peyton Manning (or Dan Marino) of coaches. Well, perhaps that's what the owners are hoping for as Peyton eventually won.

I remember when this board got visitors from the Bengals who were pretty ****-a-hoop about having Marvin Lewis as their coach -- one even called himself Marvinforprez or something. Where are they now?

900656926-e1514962154608.jpg

Getty Images

Marvin Lewis cited unfinished business with the Cincinnati Bengals after signing a two-year extension with the franchise on Tuesday.

The job’s not done,” Lewis said, via Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com. “I was entrusted to win a Super Bowl and I have the opportunity to finish it.”

Got to hand it to the guy. He has a great sense of humor.
Marvin always looks like his morning bowl of prunes hasn't quite done the job yet.

I read today that bills fans have donated $70,000 to the Andy dalton foundation since Sunday. For real.
Even better: $255,792 and increasing:
Motorists in Western New York will soon see billboards of gratitude over the next five days from Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton. "Thank You Buffalo & Good Luck!" is the message from the Andy & Jordan Dalton Foundation that will be seen on five digital billboards along area highways.

The message comes as Buffalo Bills fans delivered an outpouring of donationsas of 5 p.m. Wednesday, more than 11,000 donors have contributed more than $255,792 — after the Bengals' last-minute win over the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday helped the Bills get into the playoffs and end the franchise's 17-year playoff drought. The Bills play the Jaguars in Jacksonville at 1 p.m. Sunday.

daltonbillboard-1-1260x357.jpg

Of course someone might want to remind Brown and Lewis and Dalton is that the goal is to help their team get into the playoffs!

• Ha Ha
Reactions: ALP
I remember when this board got visitors from the Bengals who were pretty ****-a-hoop about having Marvin Lewis as their coach -- one even called himself Marvinforprez or something. Where are they now?

Thanks for expanding my vocabulary, Mike!

Origin
upload_2018-1-4_9-21-46.png
mid 17th century: from the phrase set **** a hoop, of unknown origin, apparently denoting the action of turning on the tap and allowing liquor to flow (prior to a drinking session).

He's like the Peyton Manning (or Dan Marino) of coaches. Well, perhaps that's what the owners are hoping for as Peyton eventually won.

Not really.
titus.gif

NY/The League/The Refs/The Indy Defense gifted him the 2006 Championship at our expense, including a written apology to Ellis Hobbs for screwing'm on that incalculably evil and obvious "Pass Interference" call in the Final Four.

And NY/The League/The Refs/The Donkey Defense gifted'm the 2015 Championship via GorillaShit calls that gave the Broncos the Home Field Advantage by dint of a regular season "Victory". In both PlayOff runs, Manning sucked hard.

Origin
View attachment 19061
mid 17th century: from the phrase set **** a hoop, of unknown origin, apparently denoting the action of turning on the tap and allowing liquor to flow (prior to a drinking session).

Ha! And you've taught me something. I would have guessed that the origin would be the same as "****y" -- like a ****, the "**** of the walk", or something like that. (It's a common idiom in the U.K., but I'd no idea it wasn't in the U.S.)

First off...who knew Bengals fans had such great sense of humors. Those responses are incredibly funny and the sarcasm is brilliant...
The news that Marvin Lewis was rehired was so devastating it made Palmer quit again.
Imagine Buffalo fans in the same spot....My 3 saddest days...1) when my kegolator broke 2) when I forgot the ketchup for the tailgate 3) when I burnt myself jumping over the burning car at the Bills game.

Next....I get why Bengal fans are upset but I also get why Marvin was extended. The likely alternative too another year of mediocrity at Cincy with Marvin is a resemblance of the sh*t-show up the highway in Cleveland. Cincy looks pretty good when compared to the Factory of Tears. Bring in either a neophyte coach or a failed retread and Cincy's issues likely accelerate.
Marvin has had many solid years.....at Cincinnati. That alone should prove the guy has value. He's stuck with a dud at QB ...in a city that will never attract quality FAs...yet he has proven to be above average most years.
I get it

And here I was thinking that it was some sort of agricultural reference...

It's not like Marvin Lewis is a terrible coach. They are in contention most years. Cincinatti is better off than about 20 other teams out there. He's kind of like Andy Reid. He can field a good team that get's you to the playoffs, just can't make it over that hump to the big game for some reason.
Marvin is slightly over .500 in the regular season. In the playoffs, he is the worst coach in the history of the NFL, his 0-7 record edging Jim Mora's 0-6 record.

Marvin is slightly over .500 in the regular season. In the playoffs, he is the worst coach in the history of the NFL, his 0-7 record edging Jim Mora's 0-6 record.

How many coaches fail to make the playoffs completely...he's still probably in the top 40% of coaches

How many coaches fail to make the playoffs completely...he's still probably in the top 40% of coaches
The better question to ask is, "How many coaches would fail to make the playoffs after coaching for fifteen seasons?"

The better question to ask is, "How many coaches would fail to make the playoffs after coaching for fifteen seasons?"

He's made the playoffs 7 times, just always one and done

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back