Bengals board meltdown after Marvin Lewis contract

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Marvin is Back thru 2019

This **** is gold

Why bother ending the contract in 2019? Just announce Marvin as the head coach until he decides to retire or drops dead on the sideline. We all know we're just gonna go through this song and dance again in two years. Might as well cut out the pretense.

The Mike, Marvin, and Andy show continues.....If all three of these guys change drastically, it might not be so bad.

“Marvin Lewis has been an important member of the Cincinnati community and the Bengals family for the past 15 years, and we are happy to have reached this agreement,” said Bengals President Mike Brown.

Mike is literally the laziest, least passionate and most complacent owner I've seen in any sport during my lifetime.

The news that Marvin Lewis was rehired was so devastating it made Palmer quit again.

There are 3 times when it's ok for a man to cry. Birth of a child, reading old yeller, and a Marvin Lewis extension.

I feel like I've been shot and left to bleed out.

I don't live in Cincy anymore, but I gotta ask. How does this man go out in public? He has to know the vast majority of Bengals fans wanted him gone and every other team in the league is laughing at our expense. How does a grown man have that little pride? How much money does he need? He knows just as well as we do, we're in for 2 more years of Marvinball. We'll be lucky if we get anything more than the half-assed effort we saw last year.

Poor poor Bengals fans..

Last edited:
I guess the "Win and your in" game had a double meaning. Wow.
Sounds like Marvin Lewis was the one prepared to walk away, not the Bengals from him (believe or not). Their owner is too lazy to hire somebody else.

its not like Marvin lewis has only won 1 game in two years.

Imagine being a browns fan and learning that hue jackson is coming back. how in the ****?

I bet i could coach the browns to 1 win in two years.

This was my favorite:

"There are 3 times when it's ok for a man to cry. Birth of a child, reading old yeller, and a Marvin Lewis extension." :D

EDIT: I've done two out of the three. ;)

Last edited:

Imagine being a browns fan and learning that hue jackson is coming back. how in the ****?

I KNOW I could coach the Bengals to zero playoffs wins in 15 years.

Is there something in the water in Ohio?

Don’t get down on Marc, the Bengals have had PARTICIPATED IN THE NFL banners hung every season he has been there.

I remember how I felt when Pats HCs were hired...

Ron Meyer: "Did well at SMU."
Raymond Berry: "Why?"
Rod Rust: "At least the defense will be good"
**** McPherson: "I like him. Lots of energy"
Tuna: "YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS"
Pom-Pom: "Maybe he learned a few things in SF. He might be ok."
BB: "Defensive guy who has zero ability to communicate. Dead fish. Losing record in CLE. Christ....."

Someone in Cincinnati is confusing meritocracy with mediocracy. Easy mistake.......................for 15 years.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back