PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bench Newton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pick 6 on the attempted screen pass is as bad as it gets from the QB position. He clearly should have been pulled after that.
And skipping the ball on another screen (or lateral) that went for a huge loss...or the three batted passes again. I've never seen so many batted passes in one season by a Pats QB and I've been watching since the early 90's.

If it was Stidham who would have thrown that pick you wouldn’t see the end of it.
No it wouldn’t have told us anything we don’t already know. Not an NFL caliber starter.

How many pick 6s did Jimmy throw when he got a chance? Less than Stid I’m sure.

No it wouldn’t have told us anything we don’t already know. Not an NFL caliber starter.

How many pick 6s did Jimmy throw when he got a chance? Less than Stid I’m sure.
I still think I need to insist on the fact that Cam isn’t either.

you have a problem with Stidham INT and yet no problem with Cam ones. Cam has thrown the most INT in the league.

this year Stidham has thrown 33 passes. It would be fair to say that it is the equivalent of a full game workload. He has thrown 2 TD and 3 INT. Cam had this year one game with 0 TD and 3 INT and 2 games with 0 TD and 2 INT. Cam has thrown worst INT than Stidham but you don’t seem to have a problem with it when it’s Cam throwing it.

Edit: Cam is top 7 in most INT this year

Last edited:
We still don't know what Stid is or could become without consistent starts and all of the first-team reps. Getting thrown in for random mop-up duty in blowouts tells us exactly jack squat. What we do know is that Cam is arguably the worst starter in the league. So that's fun.

Cam is not the answer.. why play him and be stubborn about it.. we are not making the playoffs .. how do you decide stidham is so bad based on second team reps.

Enough of putting sridhar in the doghouse. Let us know how good/ bad he is on game day.
Stidham lost BB during training camp when he wouldn't practice despite nothing substantial being wrong with him.

There has never been a successful qb in the NFL who wasn't tough as nails. Even universally considered soft qbs play through.

Stidham lost BB during training camp when he wouldn't practice despite nothing substantial being wrong with him.

There has never been a successful qb in the NFL who wasn't tough as nails. Even universally considered soft qbs play through.
He didn’t miss practice. There was a report that he was injured but he dressed everyday Bill just cut his reps

I get that BB wants to avoid the "Cleveland Syndrome" where a revolving door of QB's just messes up everything, offense, timing, etc.

But the last two games, Cam has been horrendous, and it's not just physical, it's mental. He can't even get off the first read. He just locks up.

He didn’t miss practice. There was a report that he was injured but he dressed everyday Bill just cut his reps

"Stidham then suffered a hip injury and missed two days of practice."

Maybe they just kept Stidham out, rather than his decision, but that's when he lost BB.

Bill's entire attitude towards Stidham seemed to change after this.

"Stidham then suffered a hip injury and missed two days of practice."

Maybe they just kept Stidham out, rather than his decision, but that's when he lost BB.

Bill's entire attitude towards Stidham seemed to change after this.
I completely agree. Bill has something against Stidham. I don’t know why but something change. Because before Newton became available for 1 million he had no problem rolling with Stidham.

it’s like the Butler situation but longer.

I wonder if bill is hoping cam does just well enough to get a decent contract somewhere next year for the comp pick. Thats the only thing i can think of, it really cant get any worse at qb right than the last 3 weeks.

I wonder if bill is hoping cam does just well enough to get a decent contract somewhere next year for the comp pick. Thats the only thing i can think of, it really cant get any worse at qb right than the last 3 weeks.
No one is signing is Cam. This was the case where the other 31 teams were right to not sign him even as a back up and Bill made the mistake and thought he could squeeze water from a rock.

I completely agree. Bill has something against Stidham. I don’t know why but something change. Because before Newton became available for 1 million he had no problem rolling with Stidham.

it’s like the Butler situation but longer.
No it isn’t. Butler was a Super Bowl hero and a guy who clearly made his team much better when he plays. Stidham checks neither of those boxes and likely never will.

Stidham is still in bills doghouse... Not sure why... Its plain obvious his throws have more zing and poise than cam why persist with cam even now..

The Texas wedding during off season and stidham has been in eternal purgatory that bill had to start hoyer over him...

I love bill, but the stubborn ness is baffling. I doubt if they will draft a qb this time. I feel bill might want to prove a point and start cam again next year and try to win with cam.

I think it has to do with the players love him. He sucks on the field, but off the field he has been a positive presence.

Honestly I can't think of any other reason. Maybe stidham sucks, but just because he's not getting playing time doesn't mean 100% he does.

Harris and meyers got no playing time early season either. Are harry/sony michel better?

No one is signing is Cam. This was the case where the other 31 teams were right to not sign him even as a back up and Bill made the mistake and thought he could squeeze water from a rock.

i thought that was due to health, which he at least has proven to be durable and mobile/ ability to truck. He just sucks at everything else unfortunately.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cam stay as a specialized QB or wildcat role like Tebow did for the Jets. If the team wants to design plays for it.

Pats must find two QBs who can pass though. A bridge guy to be our starter, and then a draft pick. Hope they do.

Stidham is still in bills doghouse... Not sure why... Its plain obvious his throws have more zing and poise than cam why persist with cam even now..

The Texas wedding during off season and stidham has been in eternal purgatory that bill had to start hoyer over him...

I love bill, but the stubborn ness is baffling. I doubt if they will draft a qb this time. I feel bill might want to prove a point and start cam again next year and try to win with cam.
He's not in the doghouse, he just stinks.

He's not in the doghouse, he just stinks.
Based on what.. at least when he played yesterday or the prior game he looked much more comfortable in pocket than cam.

What makes you thiNk he stinks when he has not even been given a proper chance and first team reps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back