PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick video

Status
Not open for further replies.
saw this video this morning. It's fairly long but very insightful and well worth watching
Go Pats!
EXCLUSIVE: Bill Belichick on leadership, winning, and Tom Brady not being a 'great natural athlete'

Suzy Welch. Fmr GE CEO Jack Welchs wife. BB and Jack are Nantucket golfing buddies.

One hand washes the other.

I find this even more telling & more fascinating. Not to go back and revisit it in detail, but was Collins maybe one that he "didn't want to hang out with" ? I'd need to say, most likely...

On the flip side : bet he loves Slater, Chung, Ebner, Cardona...

Here are several jobs he may have struggled with : Mall Santa, Build a Bear Workshop worker, Bouncer on the Springer Show...

He would have been the GOAT Mall Santa.

He would have been the GOAT Mall Santa.
I suppose depends what you are looking for. For us to watch & laugh : he'd be #1. For 7 year olds to feel cozy (or just not be frightened), not so much...

Deadspin is hating on it.

http://deadspin.com/bill-belichick-probably-wishes-all-of-his-interviews-co-1794293171

(Don't click if you don't want to give them traffic but it's there if you need it; I heckled them in the comments section).

Deadspin hates the Patriots so much. They have another post today about how bad Brady's recipes taste. They are gonna love next week when we visit the White House, they'll probably get a dozen posts out of it.

I'm honestly surprised that wasn't written by their "Patriots fan" who hates everything the team does and believes every conspiracy about them.

I watched it the video for a 2nd time. All I can say is how fortunate we as fans r, and, how fortunate players r, to have Bill Belichick as coach of the New England Patriots!

Deadspin is hating on it.

http://deadspin.com/bill-belichick-probably-wishes-all-of-his-interviews-co-1794293171

(Don't click if you don't want to give them traffic but it's there if you need it; I heckled them in the comments section).

Deadspin hates the Patriots so much. They have another post today about how bad Brady's recipes taste. They are gonna love next week when we visit the White House, they'll probably get a dozen posts out of it.

The deadspin people have at some point become just haters of everything. They regularly mock Lombardi even though he is most probably the most insightful person working the NFL media right now in terms of how teams are run, how players are scouted and evaluated and inside chatter. While other talking heads are busy creating pointless mock drafts or participate in the newest news circlejerk he talks on podcasts about how to evaluate OL or breaks news about players being available for trade (e.g. Sherman about 1-2 weeks before Schefter hit on it).

**** deadspin.

I wonder who those are to whom Bill was referring at 12:00, when he said that he had placed too much responsibility on some who "weren't dependable and didn't come through"?

I wonder who those are to whom Bill was referring at 12:00, when he said that he had placed too much responsibility on some who "weren't dependable and didn't come through"?

I wondered that too. Ratgini? Dean Pees? Unlikely. Or maybe he was thinking about the Browns?

Football is his calling, but BB would have been great at whatever he did in life.

Except electronics.

beli.gif

I wondered that too. Ratgini? Dean Pees? Unlikely. Or maybe he was thinking about the Browns?
Actually, Ratgini seems like a logical candidate. Both Mr Peesbody & Skippy McD should've been possibilities after the '07 SB. As for players, maybe Bill was thinking
of Monty Beisel, or Eric Alexander, or any of the homies from the gutless '09 team.

Good question. My first thought was it may have been in reference to the 2009 team, referring perhaps to Adalius Thomas, Shawn Springs, Brandon Meriweather, etc.

Mr "Get Paid" in 2007 SB?

Good question. My first thought was it may have been in reference to the 2009 team, referring perhaps to Adalius Thomas, Shawn Springs, Brandon Meriweather, etc.

Mr "Get Paid" in 2007 SB?

I'd be surprised if he was referring to players. I heard it as being about the distribution of authority on the coach side of the coach-player relationship. (Of course, players have responsibilities too -- but they're different.)

EDIT: How about Dave DeGuglielmo?

Last edited:
holy ****....that was a great post....winner tag isn't enough.

Watched this interview again.
This should be required listening for anyone who wants to achieve something by working at it and putting in the effort..so many great morals and values. If we saw this 16 years ago, it wouldn't have been a stretch to envision the 16 years unfolding the way they have.
I concur..the winner tag doesn't do justice in so many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back