PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick says Brady's departure was not a matter of not wanting him

Biffins

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This seems like an accurate answer but also a simplification if reports are to be believed. BB didn't want Brady to leave. But Brady wanted to be treated/coached differently due to his age and status, and BB didn't agree to that so Brady asked to leave.

Didn’t you post this earlier? What happened to the other thread?

I dont buy it.

BB is all Navy and there is only 1 Captain in command. Only black and white. Brady took over BBs team. Nobody is bigger than the team in BBs world. Even when you lose the Butler Super Bowl, you still upheld the principles of team.

Romo alluded to Brady wanting help out there on offense. BB refused to spend cap money on WRs which led to Brady wanting out.

we have bills side.. we have bradys side (thru several intermediaries)

somewhere in the middle lies the truth

don't rightly matter, hes gone.

Last edited:
Can someone direct me to the recycle bin? I'm trying to find one of the deleted threads.

Hey @Biffins, you know I love you and while I know you’re obviously upset, I need you to temper the number of threads on this topic. The issue isn’t the topic, it’s the number of times we’re going there.

I’m cool with this thread going forward for those questioning Bill, etc, but let’s try and keep it here if possible.

Like others said it’s an over simplification. Brady was at the point where he wouldn’t take another 1 yr incentive deal. Bill and Bob knew this and let him hit free agency. They never actually even started negotiations. So sure, if Brady’s camp had said they’d be willing to come back on a 1 yr incentive deal Bill may have re-signed him, but Bill gambled that Brady wasn’t going to keep playing at a high level and lost. I would love to know how Bob truly feels about the decision now. I bet both Jonathan and Bob are both pissed they let Brady leave.

Brady's gone???? OMG...when did THIS happen??? I would have never guessed. We gotta create a few hundred "Brady's Gone!@!!!" threads to hash this staggering occurrence out....

Didn’t you post this earlier? What happened to the other thread?
They deleted the thread it since I posted the article and then wrote that BB messed up and is changing the story now. That was considered too much by the Pro-BB Police.

This time I posted just the article and nothing else and this was considered borderline kosher enough to make through the censors.

Hey @Biffins, you know I love you and while I know you’re obviously upset, I need you to temper the number of threads on this topic. The issue isn’t the topic, it’s the number of times we’re going there.

I’m cool with this thread going forward for those questioning Bill, etc, but let’s try and keep it here if possible.

What number of times? I posted this exact thread here earlier yesterday but with some accompanying commentary about how BB is changing narrative and your mod deleted it. It was just 2 articles posted. Then I was confused why they are deleting threads literally about articles with today’s newsflow.

So I posted this again and again it was blocked by some mod. Then I figured it was considered a “Brady” thread and posted it in Tom Brady forum. Then you came here and approved this thread or something.

The fact that you have to come here, override your mod who has blocked a simple link to an article which is relevant to the Pats and is based on yesterday’s news, should tell you how much is wrong with the moderation of this forum. Why are you being asked to review this thread to approve it? Why was the other thread with the same articles deleted. You guys are so prickly one can’t even link to media articles critical of BB let alone say something negative ourselves.

What number of times? I posted this exact thread here earlier yesterday but with some accompanying commentary about how BB is changing narrative and your mod deleted it. It was just 2 articles posted. Then I was confused why they are deleting threads literally about articles with today’s newsflow.

So I posted this again and again it was blocked by some mod. Then I figured it was considered a “Brady” thread and posted it in Tom Brady forum. Then you came here and approved this thread or something.

The fact that you have to come here, override your mod who has blocked a simple link to an article which is relevant to the Pats and is based on yesterday’s news, should tell you how much is wrong with the moderation of this forum. Why are you being asked to review this thread to approve it? Why was the other thread with the same articles deleted. You guys are so prickly one can’t even link to media articles critical of BB let alone say something negative ourselves.
I don’t want to get into a long drawn out discussion about this, your opinion of the mods, etc. I’m simply asking you to limit this discussion to this thread. I’ve opened it back up and let’s just simply move forward.
And no, people can criticize the coach. I’m just trying to open up room for other topics as opposed to multiple threads arguing the same points. It’s September. If we’re still having these discussions in December, that’s a different story.

this would matter if it had any impact on things moving forward.......but there is football to play and horrible line play to be complaining about

this would matter if it had any impact on things moving forward.......but there is football to play and horrible line play to be complaining about
Sometimes there are things in the game of football that go beyond what your fantasy team does that week.

Sometimes there are things in the game of football that go beyond what your fantasy team does that week.

I don't have a fantasy team...........but fantasy is far more relevant to actual football than who loved who less prior to divorce

Brady's gone???? OMG...when did THIS happen??? I would have never guessed. We gotta create a few hundred "Brady's Gone!@!!!" threads to hash this staggering occurrence out....
I think that it's a little relevant that Bill said he never wanted him to leave.
“Well, I think we’ve been through all of the dynamics of that," Belichick said. "There were a lot of things there — he looked at his options and made his decision. We weren’t as good of an option as Tampa. You’d have to ask him about all that, but it wasn’t a question of not wanting him that’s for sure."
I also believe the rest of the answer is : However, I don't want him to be the Director of Offensive Personnel, Co-GM and Assistant Offensive Coordinator.

I don’t want to get into a long drawn out discussion about this, your opinion of the mods, etc. I’m simply asking you to limit this discussion to this thread. I’ve opened it back up and let’s just simply move forward.
And no, people can criticize the coach. I’m just trying to open up room for other topics as opposed to multiple threads arguing the same points. It’s September. If we’re still having these discussions in December, that’s a different story.
December, really? Yeesh... think i will drag on til then?

I mean, really, i think a lot of people are getting tired of being pilloried by the Bradyites (is it Bradyites? Bradyians? Bradytonians? Bradyers? Bradyese? Bradyi'ians? ) if they disagree with the narrative that Bill forced Tom Terrific out the door... Some of them are worse than Guerrero...

I, for one, plan on being busy trying to figure out the strengths and weaknesses of my Teams (The New England Patriots, and no one else) potential playoff opponents by then...

This particular poster only posts one thing and that's " anti Bill"...there is never anything else that he posts or nothing that he adds to this forum. He drives me and Ross crazy with these ridiculous threads that he starts during the middle of the night. There is no discussion with him, it's just anti Bill, anti Bill, anti Bill. this schtick is really becoming tiring.

I think that it's a little relevant that Bill said he never wanted him to leave.

I also believe the rest of the answer is : However, I don't want him to be the Director of Offensive Personnel, Co-GM and Assistant Offensive Coordinator.
Not sure, he seemed to know which players to bring in on Tampa...but I dont think Brady ever asked for any of that. I think it was that whole 2 year contract thing...

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back