PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick on his coaching future

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is 'read it'

There is 'read ALL of it'

See what Bill did there.

He's On To Tenn.
He did say it, but there was quite a pause before he said it.. I actually was surprised when I actually heard it. Long pause after the question then very low grumble "absolutely"

He wants to coach at Montana and marry a big American woman and raise rabbits.

He “plans” to coach this team next year. That wasn’t exactly a resounding yes.

I would hope so, but still - it sucks for Mike. I hope the job pays well because he's really just not treated right or given the respect he deserves there. He's far too good for ESPN.

He seems like he doesn't take any of this personal and it's water off the bridge.

A lot of people who don't follow the team or know of Mike even before he went to the 4 letter Network were all up in his mentions saying he got "burned". I don't think he did. Like a guy who replied to him said... it's a very good and respectful relationship with BB. Bill is talking to BSPN THROUGH him not TO him. Both Mike and Bill realise each of them have a job to do, and as much as he hates the media...he has to put on a "smile" and grin and bear it.

Agreed. BB must either pound his head against the wall or laugh hysterically behind closed doors about how the same scenario plays out for virtually every Super Bowl run.

Pats dominate in the regular season and head into the playoffs with at least a bye and usually with the No. 1 seed.
Media and fans (sometimes fans of the Pats even) make up a stupid controversy which takes on a life of its own and gets beaten to death over and over during the ensuing bye week because there is no football game to disect ad nauseum. Usually the controversy involves Tom Brady, BB and Robert Kraft, or some combination of these 3.
BB stays focused on the game ahead and instructs his players to tune out the noise.
Pats come out and kick butt in their first playoff game (or if they don't then the "controversy" stays alive well beyond its shelf life as the reason for the bad play, or occassionally, the loss). If it is a loss, BB acts all grumpy at the post-game and refuses to discuss "the controversy."
BB stays focused on the game ahead and instructs his players to tune out the noise.
BB and Pats tell the media over and over that they are focused on the game ahead and not some non-story but the media and the fans refuse to let it die. In fact, it has now become "fact" for many in the media and many fans, certainly those of other teams, despite not one shred of proof and repeated denials by all those involved.
Pats win the AFC Championship game (or if they don't then the "controversy" stays alive well beyond its shelf life as the reason for the bad play, or occassionally, the loss). If it is a loss, BB acts all grumpy at the post-game and refuses to discuss "the controversy."
BB and Pats tell the media over and over that they are focused on the Super Bowl ahead and not some non-story but the media and the fans refuse to let it die. In fact, it is still "fact" for many in the media and many fans, certainly those of other teams, despite not one shred of proof and repeated denials by all those involved.
Pats win the Super Bowl because everyone is focused on "the controversy" and not the game. If it is a loss, BB acts all grumpy at the post-game and refuses to discuss "the controversy."
Either way, after about 5 minutes, BB is on to 2018-2019.

The guy has really figured out how to live in a highly competitive, cut-throat industry. We should all take some lessons.

This! Mic Drop!

Reminds me Jules from Pulp Fiction reaction when Wallace says The Wolf is showing up.

"The Wolf?! Sh-- ,N---- that's all you had to say!"
Do you see a sign in front of my house that says “dead n***** storage”?

Do people really believe Bill would go leave to coach Eli and the mess that is the Giants over Alex guererro? Please...

Aren't BB's sons on the Pats staff, Steve safeties coach and Brian scouting ? I would assume he doesn't want to leave just yet , mix up their environment and future. I guess he could take them with him, but better for now in NE .
Besides he isn't leaving anyhow.
Actually, it was Steve Belichick who was rumored to be taking over as HC of the Giants.

Yawn. Every year we get into the playoffs some moronic reporter starts some bogus reporting to get clicks and sell his name. On the bright side. It motivates the bajesus out of a already playoff battled team. They already come in motivated but this becomes an internal rally cry.

Enjoy the next three years. Then this moron can repost the obvious and seem like a genius

lol.....it's insane how defensive the dingleberries can get

I've been accused of being offensive...often. Never defensive though. I would have to give a shyt first.

He did say it, but there was quite a pause before he said it.. I actually was surprised when I actually heard it. Long pause after the question then very low grumble "absolutely"

^ this. I heard it too and was like wow, that was a long pause. But listening to it being played again, sounded like he was taking a drink or something when the question was asked.

^ this. I heard it too and was like wow, that was a long pause. But listening to it being played again, sounded like he was taking a drink or something when the question was asked.
that was just his normal snorting, hacking, and snarling while thinking how he wanted to answer it. Fact is he has no choice but to be here if he wants to keep coaching, so he wanted the "absolutely" to send a frustrated message. That is how I see it.

that was just his normal snorting, hacking, and snarling while thinking how he wanted to answer it. Fact is he has no choice but to be here if he wants to keep coaching, so he wanted the "absolutely" to send a frustrated message. That is how I see it.
I listened to the replay and that is my take as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST