PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick "Cam Newton is our quarterback"

RIpats88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score

Makes sense. I doubt Bill wants to throw Mac Jones to the wolves his rookie year. He generally isn't that type of coach.

Now, alot depends on how Cam Newton looks in training camp and OTAs. If he's more 2018 cam newton than he's no doubt the QB. But if he's the guy we saw last year I think Mac Jones is starting

Jones needs to see meaningful snaps as a rookie. Not like we’re fielding and awful team out there

If Mac Jones outperforms Newton in the preseason and shows he can command the Offense, Belichick has shown he has no problem making what he deems moves in the best interest of the team and as such, Jones will be the starter. That said, I believe BB will give Cam every opportunity to grasp the starter role.

We have to move on. I wanted Fields or Lance but the Patriots chose differently. They picked Jones so he is our QB of the future. Nothing good comes from dwelling in the past

The Bears and 49ers said Dalton and Jimmy are their qbs, this is posturing.

Belichick isn't the type to play favorites. If Mac Jones somehow beats out Cam in training camp, he will be QB1.

Bill 100% respects Cam and his veteran leadership and work ethic. Cam is also no dummy and knows why Jones was selected. Bill isn't going to disrespect Cam to the media and say Jones is the guy. Jones has to earn it, just like everyone else.

Last edited:
As of today, Cam is our starter.

Mac will have to earn the starter job by beating Cam. Nothing will be handed to him.

That's how it should be. I did not expect BB to say anything else.

If Mac beats Cam, he'll start. If at some point in the season BB feels Mac gives us the best chance to win, he'll start.

That's how it should always be.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back