PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick APPRECIATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I firmly believe that this season has been one of Belichick's greatest coached. This team is 6-1 and the best in the league.

This defense gets shredded for major yardage, our offense has struggled at many points this season and yet we are still winning and slowly improving [especially on D]. There is one reason that this team is 6-1 and it is Bill Belichick. Shame on the Pats fans who still cannot fully appreciate how spoiled we are to have him.

Last edited:
I think most of the serial whiners are people who weren't around to see how this team won between 2001-2006. They got on board when the flashy new toys (Moss, Stallworth, Welker) came to town and want it to be 2007 again every time Brady has the ball.

To your larger point, BB is the best in the business. Period. And what he's shown is his ability to make critical decisions (trading moss, the last 2 drafts, in-game calls, game planning) is as sharp as it ever has been.

They're getting back to the way they won games back when this organization was at its best. That is often not dazzling to some but the results in my opinion are much more preferable to a pinball machine offense that is easily foiled by teams that can knock a QBs **** in the dirt over and over again.

See: The Giants SB game.

While you can say, "you are what your record says you are", BB and Tom said it best. they have only won 6 games. You don't get an award for 6 games. You can't tell who the best team in the NFL is after week 8.

Best NFL record, yes. Best NFL team though? Wait til February to decide that. I think we're a top 3 or top 5 team without a doubt, but its far too early for "best team" talk just because of a fancy 6-1 record. Alot of football left to play, including against GB, Steelers, Colts, Dolphins, and Jets. Don't under estimate any of those games, they can all play into a tie breaker at the end of the year with the exception of GB really.

edit; I do agree that this might possibly be the best display of BB's coaching with the exception of 2001. If this team wins the superbowl this year, I will revise that statement to this being the best coaching he's ever done.

Last edited:
I firmly believe that this season has been one of Belichick's greatest coached. This team is 6-1 and the best in the league.

This defense gets shredded for major yardage, our offense has struggled at many points this season and yet we are still winning and slowly improving [especially on D]. There is one reason that this team is 6-1 and it is Bill Belichick. Shame on the Pats fans who still cannot fully appreciate how spoiled we are to have him.

I remember we were 7-0 and the best in the league a couple of seasons ago:bricks:

Only kidding but a Belichick appreciation thread is kinda funny. Like he is appreciated in every thread by 99.9% of the fan base.

I say 99.9% because there is always one or two who just don't give anybody credit.

Last edited:
I remember we were 7-0 and the best in the league a couple of seasons ago:bricks:

Only kidding but a Belichick appreciation thread is kinda funny. Like he is appredciated in every thread by 99.9% of the fan base.

Plenty of people were bashing him early on in the game thread today lol, not even sure why

Nobody does more with less than Belichick, plain and simple. In hindsight, 2008 was nothing short of phenomenal, save for a historically fluky set of circumstances that had us out of the playoffs despite 11 wins. In fact, I recall we were playing as good of ball as anybody from Thanksgiving on--a BB hallmark--and I doubt that anybody would have wanted to draw the Pats in those playoffs.

6-1 with this team, so young, so goddamn inexperienced and so criticized. Of course Belichick and Brady will say its just 6 games but it has been damn impressive how hes pulling everything together.

Nobody does more with less than Belichick, plain and simple. In hindsight, 2008 was nothing short of phenomenal, save for a historically fluky set of circumstances that had us out of the playoffs despite 11 wins. In fact, I recall we were playing as good of ball as anybody from Thanksgiving on--a BB hallmark--and I doubt that anybody would have wanted to draw the Pats in those playoffs.

The team was on fire at the end of the season too if I remember right, a 5 game win steak? 2nd team in history to post 11 wins and miss the playoffs. Late 90's Broncos team was the other I believe.

I think you are forgetting a game in icey conditions which they didn't play well in. But they did real good that year even with a lot of injuries.

Only kidding but a Belichick appreciation thread is kinda funny. Like he is appreciated in every thread by 99.9% of the fan base.

I say 99.9% because there is always one or two who just don't give anybody credit.

Not even close to true. Our fan base is overflowing with turds who constantly criticize and second guess belichick. Just look at last weeks game (or the one before) when the crowd boo'd the Pats because they were down i the first half. Spoiled and ungrateful..

Not even close to true. Our fan base is overflowing with turds who constantly criticize and second guess belichick. Just look at last weeks game (or the one before) when the crowd boo'd the Pats because they were down i the first half. Spoiled and ungrateful..

That crowd that booed at halftime were brilliant all during the game. That was one of the loudest crowds I've ever heard at Gillette and it was about time. If they are that loud then they have earned the right to boo from time to time don't you think?

There are not many on here who ever criticise Belichick, I think I could count them on one hand. There are a lot of haters on here lately which is really sad but they don't ever pick on Belichick. You just gotta understand that everytime you meet 200 people that there will be one guy who thinks he/she knows it all but they are that few and far between.

Pre season early season people on this board were saying how BB was old and had lost it. I just think he has put year after year together of good coaching performances and valuable front office time e.g matt cassel season the last few drafts where the value system has allowed us to miss a couple of picks but to make up for it with sheer volume of solid players. Trading down and getting picks while picking the guy you always intended to is just brilliance from BB. I am just enjoying the ride and watching these kids play and grow

I agree completely that 99.9% of the fan base do not appreciate BB. Reading this board I would say it is much closer to 50% than 99.9%. However, I disagree with the use of the word "terd". Some of them are Chicken Littles. While it sounds disrespectful the term is in common usage to describe someone, at the first sign of turmoil, who is quick to turn and say "we suck" (maybe a general Boston attitude nurtured from decades of Red Sox watching?). Some of them, likely, dislike BB because he makes decisions based on unemotional cold hard football facts (at least facts based on how BB sees it) For instance they begrudge him for not keeping or choosing the player they like. Some are spoiled due to the Patriots success (a somewhat understandable mindset considering what the Patriots have done over the last 9 years). And some of them just often disgaree with what BB does.

I agree completely that 99.9% of the fan base do not appreciate BB. Reading this board I would say it is much closer to 50% than 99.9%. However, I disagree with the use of the word "terd". Some of them are Chicken Littles. While it sounds disrespectful the term is in common usage to describe someone, at the first sign of turmoil, who is quick to turn and say "we suck" (maybe a general Boston attitude nurtured from decades of Red Sox watching?). Some of them, likely, dislike BB because he makes decisions based on unemotional cold hard football facts (at least facts based on how BB sees it) For instance they begrudge him for not keeping or choosing the player they like. Some are spoiled due to the Patriots success (a somewhat understandable mindset considering what the Patriots have done over the last 9 years). And some of them just often disgaree with what BB does.

Not liking it when he moves on your favourite player or picks up somebody who you don't like is not the same as not appreciating Bill Belichick.

I didn't like Moss being traded away and at the time I said it was going to hurt Wes Welker's production both in receptions and yac. Thats been the case since but it doesn't mean I ever stopped appreciating Bill Belichick. It doesn't mean for one moment that I ever thought that Bill Belichick didn't know what he was doing. It didn't mean for one second that I thought that Bill Belichick had given up on the season or anything like that.

You seem to be confusing people who are willing to say that they don't like a move with people who criticise Belichick.

I say again 99.9% of people here are fully behind Belichick and apprecaite him all the time.

You seem to be confusing people who are willing to say that they don't like a move with people who criticise Belichick.

I say again 99.9% of people here are fully behind Belichick and apprecaite him all the time.

There was nothing wrong with disagreeing with the Moss trade (anyone who didn't think it would change the Patriot offense was fooling themselves). How right that decision was is debatable. And I agree that not liking the Moss move does not equal being anti BB. However, while I can't be in the mind of anyone, the nearly constant din of a seemingly large and vocal anti BB decision making crowd doesn't seem to equate to "I appreciate having BB as our coach". So on that we will have to disagree. With that said, like it or not, nobody is obliged to appreciate BB's coaching/managing/decision making methodology. It's a fan's right regardless of how ill conceived I believe it to be.

Many of these posters need to take a trip in the time machine, to come to realize how good things really are... could do the litany of faux pas by this franchise, but for us old timers have come to appreciate how great a coach BB is...

We are spoiled, if you heard Childress bumble and fumble throughout the week it becomes more and more obvious..

Last week we witnessed the ineptitude of Norv Turner...

he is the best; 6-1 ! simply great

Love BB and everything he's done for us. Love the throwback offense, reminds me of the 04 offense (I would say 03 but they don't do screens nearly as much as they did that year).

I still want coordinators though :p

Amen Brother.

I get so sick of the "wise guys" who rag on Bill Belichick. Some small people can only make themselves seem bigger by tearing someone else down.

I recall how the backbiting drove Paul Brown and Don Shula out of their towns. Neither the Dolphins nor Browns have been back to the NFL Championship game ever since, in about 75 collective seasons of futility.

There was nothing wrong with disagreeing with the Moss trade (anyone who didn't think it would change the Patriot offense was fooling themselves). How right that decision was is debatable. And I agree that not liking the Moss move does not equal being anti BB. However, while I can't be in the mind of anyone, the nearly constant din of a seemingly large and vocal anti BB decision making crowd doesn't seem to equate to "I appreciate having BB as our coach". So on that we will have to disagree. With that said, like it or not, nobody is obliged to appreciate BB's coaching/managing/decision making methodology. It's a fan's right regardless of how ill conceived I believe it to be.

Even the best can be brought down by the "Death of a Thousand Cuts".

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes