PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard's site starts its free trial today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't object to the model -- I think it's a fine model, in fact.

I object to Bedard and his long-term demonstrated douchiness. Dump him and swap in Reiss and I'd subscribe right away.
Honestly, I wonder if Mike might look at this and wonder if he should just bet on himself and give it a go. He'd have zero problem garnering a large enough readership to make it on his own and I'm sure he'd have no issue convincing a Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins person to join him. Hopefully Bedard's leap of faith inspires Mike to do the same as it's no secret he's shown public friction at times where he is right now.

I don't object to the model -- I think it's a fine model, in fact.

I object to Bedard and his long-term demonstrated douchiness. Dump him and swap in Reiss and I'd subscribe right away.

FWIW I don't see them as comparable or interchangeable at all. Reiss is a pure reporter (and an excellent one). We trust him for reliable news and access, not for football insights. Maybe Bedard has said things to piss us off in the past few years, but I still miss that brief time when he was the Globe beat writer and we'd see articles like these:

How the Patriots use tight ends to their advantage - The Boston Globe
Patriots no-huddle relies on power of one - The Boston Globe

Not so much king anymore. Ad revenue is declining and ad blocker use is growing, which is killing everyone and we've certainly been impacted. In another year or two I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I'm a little concerned about the future and the donations here have continued to play a big part as they certainly help in allowing us to eek out a couple of the slow months over the offseason. I won't ever wall the site off completely, but subscriptions might eventually play a bigger role in our survival in the future if things continue down the path that they are.
Interesting. I just disabled my adblocker for your domain.

Last edited:
Honestly, I wonder if Mike might look at this and wonder if he should just bet on himself and give it a go. He'd have zero problem garnering a large enough readership to make it on his own and I'm sure he'd have no issue convincing a Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins person to join him. Hopefully Bedard's leap of faith inspires Mike to do the same as it's no secret he's shown public friction at times where he is right now.
Mike's handcuffed by his need for employer provided health insurance. I respect his situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back