PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard: Patriots could have over $70 million in cap space next season … what are they up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Bill is going to be sentimental if he sees a late-2014, 2015 Forehead type of decline in 2019.
I think that depends a little bit. Remember, Forehead managed to do just enough to win in 2015. True, he got carried by his defense but you could argue easily that Brady did just enough to allow the defense to carry him in the most recent Superbowl. Scraping together a win still counts for something

If Brady reverts all the way to 2001 form, but the team is still winning his games and he makes a few clutch drives here and there, like Manning did in 15, they might make the call to at least finish out the year.

As long as Brady can produce in the clutch he's still a football asset even if he's no longer GOAT level.

I’m not expecting it. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens. His training regimen is unprecedented but he is north of 40. It could realistically happen any year at this point.
Again the north of 40 is nothing new. It was the way you stated no longer be a given that made me think you had other reasons than just age and injury concerns to think 2020 is not a given.

I think that depends a little bit. Remember, Forehead managed to do just enough to win in 2015. If Brady reverts all the way to 2001 form, but the team is still winning his games and he makes a few clutch drives here and there, like Manning did in 15, they might make the call to at least finish out the year.

As long as Brady can produce in the clutch he's still a football asset even if he's no longer GOAT level.

Manning was benched during the year tho

Tank in ‘20
upload_2019-4-4_11-21-34.jpeg

Again the north of 40 is nothing new. It was the way you stated no longer be a given that made me think you had other reasons than just age and injury concerns to think 2020 is not a given.
When would you say that a QB in the NFL is more likely to physically decline? At 32 or 42? The question answers itself. Brady being on this team after this year is not a given. If he shows zero signs of physical decline, he will be back. If he shows signs of physical decline that costs the team games, Bill isn’t the sentimental type.

It's always "something" with this team.

-Bill Polian/John Harbaugh/Mike Triplin/Whining Loser ect.

When would you say that a QB in the NFL is more likely to physically decline? At 32 or 42? The question answers itself. Brady being on this team after this year is not a given. If he shows zero signs of physical decline, he will be back. If he shows signs of physical decline that costs the team games, Bill isn’t the sentimental type.
I think you're arguing with yourself I've already stated I thought you were implying you had new reasons for it not being a given.

Grand Plan:

-Win the Super Bowl
-Brady pulls a big toe muscle and is out for all of 2020.
-Pats tank in 2020
-Pats draft T. Lawrence
-Brady comes back and wins another Super Bowl with T. Lawrence watching very closely
- Pats dynasty rolls on for another 12-15 years.

giphy.gif

I also wonder if there is going to be some sort of disagreement between Brady/Kraft/Belichick for TB contract negotiation. I don't think BB is crazy about taking on a ton of dead money if TB retires after 2019 or falls off the cliff.

That’s easily dealt with, make him the highest paid QB but no guaranteed money. Each season he plays he gets 30 million.

I don’t think Bill is going to be sentimental if he sees a late-2014, 2015 Forehead type of decline in 2019.

If the targets don't improve I can see 06' or 13' happening again. Hard to succeed with no tools.

I don’t think Bill is going to be sentimental if he sees a late-2014, 2015 Fivehead type of decline in 2019.

FIFY. I completely agree with your post, but Fourhead doesn't do him justice.

projections-for-mannings-forehead-in-19-years-2035-2015-1995-18113173.png

images

If the targets don't improve I can see 06' or 13' happening again. Hard to succeed with no tools.
2006 we were 7th in points scored
2013 we were 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes