PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard: Belichick “rumblings”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did not even take 12 hours for the vultures to come out...

In BB’s press conference, 10 minutes after the loss, a question was asked “Is Brady back next season?” And he said “We just lost. Really?!?!?!”

Why is BB or anyone surprised. This is the only questions everyone wants answered and they will all keep asking or speculating till we get something definitive. 10 minutes or 12 hours shouldn’t surprise.

I imagine BB’s tolerance for the owner has waned based on Kraft’s need to project relevance in the day to day operations. Watching Kraft lug his booster seat into team meetings and working lunches might have been comical at first... but the hand holding has to get old.

Bedard isn’t the only one talking about this. Weis was expanding on the possibility of the Giants job at length as long back as two weeks ago.

If BB goes, trade most offensive pieces and tank the next few seasons. No kidding. Draft Lawrence and let that be that. Then hire the best coach available college or pros.
Then redo the dynasty and keep rolling.
There's about 10 teams with the exact same thinking right now. Tanking to get some specific player is a strategy that fails far, far more often than not.

How has Kraft been interfering too much in football operations recently?
I think Coach would have rather kept Jimmy G and moved on from TB12. I think Robert Kraft, the fan, is responsible for this year. The question is who will be responsible for next year's team.

In a perfect world, Robert hands the reins to Jonathon who is smart enough to let Bill run the show. I think this is pretty likely. I hope it is, anyway.

No appreciation for 20 years of "pretty good" service and results I see.
Yes Tom Brady has been the GOAT and created this dynasty. I'm very grateful to him. BB can suck it and go back to Cleveland and be a sub .500 coach again.

Is not a good situation. It's a legitimately bad team that is married to a running back at the least valuable position in the game that the city will mutiny against him if he doesn't sign, and he'd married to continuing the Daniel Jones experiment. All this while having to go through a rebuild. Also NYC isn't going to give Belichick anywhere near the time another place would
Eh. There’s talent there, and good draft picks. The quarterback is a question mark, but assuming that’s OK Belichick can always figure it out. He’s has tremendous affection for that franchise.

For what it’s worth out here in New York, they’re all convinced by the end of the week the announcement will be made. I think it’s actually kind of funny that every fan base who has hated on him for so long would kill to have him be their coach.

Last edited:
We know nothing real about Bill's contract. Terms, salary, length, nothing. Even if he absolutely wanted to take the NYG job, he might not be able to.
I have read recently that BB makes $7million a year. I don't know how true that is. and can't remember where I read it at the moment.

Bedard isn’t the only one talking about this. Weis was expanding on the possibility of the Giants job at length as long back as two weeks ago.

do you know where I can find a link to this?
cheers

You guys are blaming Kraft for no skill players at WR, zero TEs, an OL dependent on an injured rookie, mediocrity at RB, and predictable stale play calling? Really? The Offense absolutely sucked this year after multiple years of neglect and mismanagement. That's the story of 2019. Who do we blame for that? I blame Bill.

I have read recently that BB makes $7million a year. I don't know how true that is. and can't remember where I read it at the moment.

I thought I had heard he makes around 12 per.

The thing I keep returning to: immediately after the last Super Bowl, Belichick telling Brady & Edelman "We'll be back, too."

Personally, I don't know if they have another SB in them, but I don't think the end will look like this.

We saw, just last night, that Brady has something left, but not so much that he can do it all by himself. We know, from 2007, that it is possible to turn over a receiving corps in a single offseason. And as it seemed, basically from the Ravens game forward, this was never going to be a championship year, an early jump on 2020 may prove a blessing in disguise.

I think it would be natural for someone who supposedly has full control of football operations and is forced by the owner to keep or get rid of a player to express rumblings.....especially when that coach can very likely find that power at a huge number of teams and not be subjected to interference.

if McDaniel walks and the krafts force BB to keep Brady, I don’t think the relationship would last

I don't think there is any way it is that low. It was said to be $10m-12.5m a couple years ago, around the time Gruden came back, but near as I can tell it's all conjecture other than that his first deal in 2000 was ~$2m/yr. But as it was extended and more shrouded in mystery, who knows? Seems like the generic web stories use the $12m number, which came from ESPN/Mortenson back in 2018.

McDaniels should be out.

Patriots scored 0 points in the 2nd-half of the Titans game.

Sad to read that Weis is still expanding. Guess the colon bypass surgery didn't work, eh?

Yes Tom Brady has been the GOAT and created this dynasty. I'm very grateful to him. BB can suck it and go back to Cleveland and be a sub .500 coach again.

Or maybe Brady can go back to being a 6th round afterthought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down