PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears TE Zach Miller undergoes emergency surgery to save leg

TB12TheGoat

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Oh god, this is much worse than it looked yesterday...

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 6m6 minutes ago
More
Vascular surgeons are trying to save Bears TE Zach Miller's leg, not just his career, per @mortreport.

I've never seen anything look worse. This was uglier than Gordon Hayward.

Dudes knee went the wrong way. Like an alien from a 90s movie called The Arrival.

CaoOE56WAAA9IHi.jpg

Only worse one I have seen is Kevin Ware. Miller's leg looked like a flamingo...

Oh god, this is much worse than it looked yesterday...

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 6m6 minutes ago
More
Vascular surgeons are trying to save Bears TE Zach Miller's leg, not just his career, per @mortreport.
My god was that gross. Poor guy. Hope he makes a full recovery.

IIRC fmr Patriot RB Robert Edwards also experienced artery and vein damage to his knee and because of the lack of blood flow for several hours it was 50/50 if his leg was to be saved.

My god was that gross. Poor guy. Hope he makes a full recovery.

IIRC fmr Patriot RB Robert Edwards also experienced artery and vein damage to his knee and because of the lack of blood flow for several hours it was 50/50 if his leg was to be saved.
Didn't that happen in the volleyball game?

Thoughts and prayers to Zach Miller.. He's got a long road ahead. The fact that they DID save his leg is a miracle.

Sometimes you need to just take your money and walk around. If Miller wants to be able to still walk without crutches by the time he is 50 he needs to call it a career now.

I do assume he will walk again being he is a relatively young athlete and modern medicine and blah blah blah. Time to just call it a career though and get out.

Absolutely horrible. Hope he recovers

Sometimes you need to just take your money and walk around. If Miller wants to be able to still walk without crutches by the time he is 50 he needs to call it a career now.

I do assume he will walk again being he is a relatively young athlete and modern medicine and blah blah blah. Time to just call it a career though and get out.

By that logic all players should retire. Freak injuries can happen at anytime to anyone. If he gets fully healthy I wouldn't think he would be any more at risk for future injury than any other player. Then again, I'm not a doctor, so I don't know.

Isn't he 33?

At best he only had a few years left anyway.

More important to save his leg

Post #14 and nobody has suggested he'd still be an upgrade on Allen. Standards are slipping

Man there is life after football and it's definitely easier to live with 2 functional legs. I hope he does recover and call it a career, if he gets out of this with his 2 legs all right it would be a bless.

The doctors had to take an artery or vein from his other leg and replace the one that was shattered in the injury in order to keep the blood flow to his lower extremities, it seems he was feeling his left foot and the risk of amputation was reduced, I didn't read anything saying that's now not a concern, I hope it is not.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back