PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB's timeout calling late game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Lotta whining in the GD thread about timeouts late. How can you not see that Belichick didn't call a TO right away in the hopes that the Cards might **** something up. You let them rush out into a pressure situation, maybe they **** up lining up, maybe they snap it faster than they should, you just never know.

I mean, you guys who are still whining or chalking it up to luck that we didn't get screwed by not having more time on the clock, do you honestly think that Belichick, of all coaches in this league, doesn't make choices like that based on detailed time management analysis? This isn't some fly by night local over 30 flag football league, this is the Patriots in the NFL.

Sometimes these things work, sometimes they don't. But there's always going to be some pretty calculated rationale behind what he's doing because that's the man we are lucky enough to have as HC of the NEP.

I agree. I thought he wanted to rush the kicker and then ice him. Get the blood pumping and freeze it. Let me tell you, it works.

Lotta whining in the GD thread about timeouts late. How can you not see that Belichick didn't call a TO right away in the hopes that the Cards might **** something up. You let them rush out into a pressure situation, maybe they **** up lining up, maybe they snap it faster than they should, you just never know.

Same lot that whined about him not using a timeout in the SB.......

I can honestly only think of one horrible decision he has made

The GOAT coach

I mean, you guys who are still whining or chalking it up to luck that we didn't get screwed by not having more time on the clock, do you honestly think that Belichick, of all coaches in this league, doesn't make choices like that based on detailed time management analysis? This isn't some fly by night local over 30 flag football league, this is the Patriots in the NFL.

Sometimes these things work, sometimes they don't. But there's always going to be some pretty calculated rationale behind what he's doing because that's the man we are lucky enough to have as HC of the NEP.

His explanation was spot on. Makes a whole lot of sense.

Wasn't it the holder who messed up not the kicker? Gotta think that ****s you up anticipating the timeout and then not getting it.

I think that's over managing and over coaching. People can say what they want. Highly doubt the timeout or lack there of against Seattle changed their playcall. You called the timeout. He went out there and there was a bad snap. If he makes the kick you cost your self 20 seconds which can be about 3 plays at least, it varies. To me he's over thinking it

I think that's over managing and over coaching. People can say what they want. Highly doubt the timeout or lack there of against Seattle changed their playcall. You called the timeout. He went out there and there was a bad snap. If he makes the kick you cost your self 20 seconds which can be about 3 plays at least, it varies. To me he's over thinking it
I believe Pete Carroll said it did

Honestly people it's not that hard.

Arizona couldn't spike the ball, so the clock was running which forces the FG to run on because they have to get it off. Normally if they could spike it or call a TO FG unit comes on at a normal pace.

In fact the coach that got the TOs wrong was Arians. He was calling them with 4 minutes left, if he left himself one he could have let the clock run and then called it before the delay of game and his FG unit wouldn't have had to rush on the field

Eh..I see the rationale behind thinking they'll get overexcited and screw it up but I thought calling a TO quicker was the better option. If he makes it you still have enough time to get our all world kicker into range.

Instead we put it all down to the FG attempt to decide the game. It worked out though.

Highly doubt the timeout or lack there of against Seattle changed their playcall.
Carroll himself said it did and it's easy to see why. Seattle had one timeout left and after running it on first down they had to include a pass play on either second or third down if they wanted to have the time to make use of all four downs. They couldn't run it four times, time would've run out. Had Belichick called the timeout after first down, I guarantee you that the Seahawks would've put it in Lynch's hands all the way.

I can understand not immediately calling the timeout but I don't think he should have waited 19-or-whatever-it-was seconds, either.

Not that I'll complain about the win :)

Have a difficult time complaining about all that much after last night.. BB once again proved he is the smartest football guy in any "room" he plays in. McDaniels and Patricia are not far behind..

While there may be concern about this move.. Ariens burned his timeouts in rapid succession.. sure sports talk radio will have a lot to talk about in Phoenix this morning..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes