PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB's ominous sounding presser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big whoop? Ok, you've shown yourself to definitely be an old timer.:D

But seriously? I can't help when I was born. Outta my hands. Eason lead us to a Superbowl, he was a shell after the game but fairly promising at one point. However, those days and the ensuing disasters provide enough of a contrast to my newbie mind for me to conclude the following:

Those days: Losing. Bad.
Nowadays:perennial contenders. Good.

so what......just as with all regimes, this one will end, too.....and I'll be just as much a fan if its **** macpherson coaching as I will be if parcells is coaching.

I've seen the team hit the crapper before and I will see it again......checks and balances to help eliminate teh pink hats in the stadium

No, you know what will really be funny? When the inevitable DOES happen and you get a little taste of your "intrigue" served with a heaping, steaming LOAD of reality.

I'm not going anywhere. I've been around since Eason. But I'll be so very ah, intrigued by what your posts will say when we're back to struggling and these incredible glory years are long gone.

Anyone who can contemplate the post BB era with the nonchalance your post has doesn't have a clue.

His posts will shriek about the same things they do now, only squared... Malcontents are never content.

so what......just as with all regimes, this one will end, too.....and I'll be just as much a fan if its **** macpherson coaching as I will be if parcells is coaching.

I've seen the team hit the crapper before and I will see it again......checks and balances to help eliminate teh pink hats in the stadium

So....you're saying you're just fine with the team stinking because you'll still be a fan but some of these other people who have no other bearing on your life probably won't be.

The thing is, if you'll be a fan either way, why not wish for success? Who cares about pink hats?

So....you're saying you're just fine with the team stinking because you'll still be a fan but some of these other people who have no other bearing on your life probably won't be.

The thing is, if you'll be a fan either way, why not wish for success? Who cares about pink hats?

the pink hats ruined the stadium experience....half the time the place sounds like its in a coma

I'd much rather see urine-soaked drunks in there handcuffed to chain link fences than some pink hat looking for a cosmo

I do enjoy their success.....I just know that things run in cycles.....I know whats eventually coming. doesn't matter much right now, but I'll be ready for it whenever it happens

Last edited:
I wouldn't be shocked to see BB or even Brady retire this offseason. I think this loss broke them. Listening to Rodney yesterday say how much SB42 haunted him and caused him to consider retirement, I wouldn't be shocked.

If one or both of them retire, I hope Ian has an e-mail all queued up and ready to go inviting Belichick and Brady to be moderators here. They'd be great!

Belichick has been running this team like he's in it for the long haul, and I'll be absolutely shocked if he suddenly Theo's us.

He knows his young defense is on the brink of something great, especially if he picks up 1-2 more studs in the draft. He has said numerous times how he loves this current roster.

I see him retiring in 5-6 years when the dynasty is likely winding down. Even then, he may find it interesting to rebuild yet again... who knows?

I wouldn't be shocked to see BB or even Brady retire this offseason. I think this loss broke them. Listening to Rodney yesterday say how much SB42 haunted him and caused him to consider retirement, I wouldn't be shocked.

there's no way either of them retire

no one goes out on a loss like that

In the presser last hour at Gillette....BB sounded very ominous via tweets from Pats reporters - these from @RapSheet:

Could BB be thinking about hanging it up here? Is this as surprising and ridiculous as I think it is??

I suppose anything can happen and after this defeat, maybe he feels that way for a day or two but in the end, the quest will probably go on, at least as long as the current core players are on the roster. That said, I could be wrong.

PATRIOTSFANINPA;2953857 Show me how many QBs have been championship QBs at this age?...John Elway is the only one that rings a bell. [/QUOTE said:
John Elway, Kurt Warner, Brett Farve (who had one of his best NFL seasons at 38).

really another year or 2 is the best you can reasonably expect.

he'll be productive, but tired by january

John Elway, Kurt Warner, Brett Farve (who had one of his best NFL seasons at 38).

Brett Favre was a playoff stiff after age 32. He went 3-5 and never reached the Super Bowl in his 30s. He was an interception waiting to happen in his mid-30s. That's why he only won one lousy, stinkin' Super Bowl at age 27 - and he was not the reason why the Packers beat the Patriots that year. At age 28, he went back to the SB and lost to Elway - nine years his senior.

Warner won his one and only Super Bowl in 2001 at age 28. He somehow caught lightning in a bottle at 37 with the Cardinals after becoming a back-up in NY and AZ.

John Elway won back-to-back Super Bowls at ages 37 and 38. Brady winning one more in the next three years is plausible. Brady's been in two Super Bowls in his thirties and still has the goods as a passer and leader to go back.

The Pats will get better, I believe, especially as the defense matures. The Patriots offensive line and backfield is going through their own rejuvenation with the pieces in place. The defensive line needs a makeover, but the linebacking corps and DBs are only going to improve. At receiver, Welker has three more years in him, the TEs are spectacular and wideout needs a makeover with Branch near the end and Ocho all but useless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back