PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB watch

His record is his record. No one in the history of the league accomplished anything alone.
I'm glad you finally come to your senses. As the poster said without Brady he's won nothing.

The whole "without Brady he's done nothing" is not exactly true.
He took a bottom-feeder Browns team to the 2nd round of the playoffs in '94
He salvaged a Brady-less team to 11-5 in '08 (should have made playoffs)
He made the playoffs with rookie Mac at 10-7 in '21

That said, the magic has seemingly run out. I'm comfortably on the fence about keeping him.
Thankfully none of us are making the decision.
That's a very fair assessment. I believe when people say he hasn't won they are referring to being a contender, contining to be a playoff team. Anything a football team hopes to be hinges upon having the QB. No matter if it's Bill Belichick or Bill Walsh

It makes a big difference in assessing the needs going forward.
If Cleveland makes the playoffs and has no chance of winning the SB with a Joe Flacco, is their approach to the future different than KC who has the qb and a team falling apart around him?
I agree with you that Mac Jones is a terrible QB. We’d have a few more wins imo with a better QB. I don’t know if we’d be a playoff team though.

So Robert Salah is on his way to having his 3rd straight season with at least 10 losses with the Jets. The Jets have already announced he and the Douglas are returning for 2024. Bill has at least made the playoffs within the last 3 years. It would be a terrible look for Bob to fire Bill.

So Robert Salah is on his way to having his 3rd straight season with at least 10 losses with the Jets. The Jets have already announced he and the Douglas are returning for 2024. Bill has at least made the playoffs within the last 3 years. It would be a terrible look for Bob to fire Bill.
Yeah they played in one playoff game where they didn't even force a punt.

Kraft will give BB at least 1 more draft to fix the Pats. It appears that BB is already on the right track.

Kraft is big on player conduct and you don't see NEP players out there turning on the team or each other. Its rare when a Patriot gets in trouble with the courts.

What the Jets do has no bearing on what the NEP do at all. Completely two different situations and franchise makups

And yet Mr “Authority” is 29-36 post Brady, coaching and GM’ing this team to 0 playoff wins since Super Bowl 53, losing records in 3 out of 4 seasons including 4-11 this season. That’s not negative that’s fact. If I was NPR I would say the same thing. Telling it like it is.

4 seasons with no success and they’re no better now than they were when TB12 left. He had his chance to rebuild and it’s not happening. It’s time for a change with some new thinking.
I am not against keeping BB but he has to relinquish his GM Duties let somebody else shop for the groceries. Would BB check his pride in the end it remains to be seen.

Kraft will give BB at least 1 more draft to fix the Pats. It appears that BB is already on the right track.

Kraft is big on player conduct and you don't see NEP players out there turning on the team or each other. Its rare when a Patriot gets in trouble with the courts.
Oh boy I hope not.

Well, we all hope the NEP are on the right track but there is no evidence from the last 5 years which tells us they are.
They are on the right track Defensively it's Offensively where the problem lies.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Checked my crystal ball for the new 2024 OC and HC and found this ...

OIG._amfHi11dmYFfkIx22WL copy.jpg

I'll tell you what needs to go...Not Bill, but the sodomite dancers dancing in front of people's kids. If Bill leaves I'll be happy to join him if this doesn't change.

Let’s hope he leaves so we don’t need to see your trash posts like these on these boards.

Mac is not an NFL QB. His first season has been greatly exaggerated when he was managed the hell out of. I mean who throws 3 times in a game? GTFO(Mac that is). I am so pissed of thinking about some of the necessary panic dude has had. He made everyone look bad.
He has made everyone look bad … totally agree!!

I think the rub is if Zappe goes out and throws for 700 yards and 3-4 TDs, then there's a case that he could be the guy. If Zappe goes out and is pedestrian, and they are 1-1, then, to me anyway, it's clear he's a capable back up.
When I think backup , I’m thinking Hoyer. And honestly he sucked. Zappes ceiling I’m thinking must be higher. Kids got Moxie

How many ****s and Carrolls are the Pats gonna have to go through to get it right? Maybe we'll luck out and get a Chuck Berry Tuna type of coach. Once the GOAT is gone, though, another goat's not walking through that door. On the bright side, odds are Roddy Rust isn't walking through that door, either.

Salah is getting a mulligan because the plan was go all in on Rodgers and once Rodgers went down the franchise was content to just get through the year and prepare for next year.

Bill is in danger because the goal for this year was to show clear improvement and he had his worst season ever.

You can't seperate the context of expectations. Saleh basically did what the franchise wanted. Belichick had 4 years to show he could rebuild the team and failed.

You also have to add in that Belichick is on a timer that Saleh isn't. Bill is now looking at being on his worst team and building from square one again at the age of 72. Saleh is looking at seeing if he can win with a healthy Rodgers with a team that has shown talent everywhere but the passing game.

I already pointed out that the OL was terrible in those losses, and they were.
The roster stinks like the morgue and there's only one guy to blame for that.

Great defenses don't let this happen.

Also this game allowing big chunk plays on 3rd down.

16th in points. Out of the top 10 in pass defense. Ranked in the bottom quarter of the league in turnovers and in pass rush.

That's not a defense I'd call "great".
There’s about 40 points that you can pin directly on Mac ?

They are on the right track Defensively it's Offensively where the problem lies.
Are they? The team defensively to me is no different than they've been since 2019. They look like monsters against bad teams and then get cracked open when facing the good ones.

The difference is the offense went from pedestrian to dreadful and the special teams decided to follow suit.

I'm not all that convinced this is a super bowl caliber defense. Once you get to the playoffs, they'll face teams that can score on them, and then it will shift back to the pressure being on an offense that can't sustain drives and score.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back