PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"BB was awfully critical of Aaron Rodgers while talking to the Patriots defense"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a bad knee and isn't 100% you can just see it on some of this throws

you know his work is starting to bear fruit with that defense.

You can tell because the number of new threads screaming about our awful defense has tailed off to almost zero.

There's a lot of progress being made on that end of the football team. Our linebacker corps, which was the biggest source of bleeding last year, has stabilized, and our secondary has become a nonproblem over the last game or two.

We just went up against a guy who despite his flaws should have exposed a terrible defense and held him to 17 points. This on the tail of doing enough to win against a Pat Mahomes who's in the process of establishing himself as an elite quarterback.

Looks like those who had faith in BB to right the ship have had their faith rewarded.
Several posters are conspicuous by their absence. :eek:

It's the truth. A big part of why a lot of people find AR so exciting/dynamic/amazing is his penchant for rolling out and making spectacular plays. It's his greatest strength, but also says a lot about why he's not on Brady's level, and also why he's struggled with injuries throughout his career.

Watching him over the years, he's obviously made some great, flashy plays, but at the same time he looks to roll out TOO SOON and TOO OFTEN in my opinion. Keeping him in the pocket forces him to rely on his vision/reads/pocket presence rather than his raw athleticism.

I believe the main reason why people see him as OMG SO AMAZING is also the same reason he has had limited success and ability to stay healthy over the years.

It's ironic that his biggest strength is also the main reason he isn't on Brady's level as a Quarterback.

Different altogether, but Michael Vick was so exciting when the play would break down and he'd do running and heroics. Seems like not having things break down in the first place, though, would be a better strategy.

you know his work is starting to bear fruit with that defense.

You can tell because the number of new threads screaming about our awful defense has tailed off to almost zero.

The defense played against a non-offense two weeks ago, against Buffalo. The defense followed that up by playing its best game of the season this week, against Green Bay. What the hell do you expect? If the defense had **** itself in those two games, people would be screaming about how bad it was, and the homers would be conspicuously silent, beyond the occasional muted cries of "But BB will fix it!. That's both common sense and human nature.

BB praises his defense's effort and happens to say Rodgers almost threw them 2 Ints

Rodgers ballwashers: Belichick was an ******* and dared say something that put Aaron in a negative light

Maybe this is just receny bias but seems like the media does more Rodgers ballwashing than they did for Manning and if not they definitely do as much for him as they did for Manning

BTW we are coming up on 10 years since he last made the SB.

Brady gets knocked by the media for going 10 years between WINNNING SBs even though he went to 2 SBs in-between them

Longest Brady has gone without going to a SB is 3 years and that's because 1 of those seasons he missed the whole season or else he probably would have gone to the SB and won it.
Brady is held to a totally different standard, and rightfully so!

The defense played against a non-offense two weeks ago, against Buffalo. The defense followed that up by playing its best game of the season this week, against Green Bay. What the hell do you expect? If the defense had **** itself in those two games, people would be screaming about how bad it was, and the homers would be conspicuously silent, beyond the occasional muted cries of "But BB will fix it!. That's both common sense and human nature.
This is kind of my point.

The newfound reticence of the doomies tends to serve as a strong trailing indicator of progress made on the defensive side of the ball.

It's pretty clear that even with the struggles GB has had this year, if our defense was still in, say, its week 3 form, Rodgers would have embarrassed them. The lack of failure of the defense and the resultant lack of wailing by the doomists is worth calling attention to.

it's also clear, at least to me, that BB made good use of the weak matchup against Buffalo to build a new sense of confidence into the defense that it took into the next game. That's good coaching.

Read this thread early and then the NY Post ran it too! I think they want him brought up on charges, FFS!

The newfound reticence of the doomies tends to serve as a strong trailing indicator of progress made on the defensive side of the ball.

It's pretty clear that even with the struggles GB has had this year, if our defense was still in, say, its week 3 form, Rodgers would have embarrassed them. The lack of failure of the defense and the resultant lack of wailing by the doomists is worth calling attention to.

it's also clear, at least to me, that BB made good use of the weak matchup against Buffalo to build a new sense of confidence into the defense that it took into the next game. That's good coaching.
I have to ask, what's up with the avatar? Lose a bet?

Good teams generally get better as the season goes on, and the Patriots are a good team. This is not news.

BB himself has made it clear that, at least in his mind, the changes with training camp have led to a need to approach the early season as a second type of preseason, where the team gets better and ramps up over the course of the first 4 games or so. We, as fans, see the general pattern, year after year. As long as Brady is Brady, or close to it, and BB is coaching at BB level or close to it, the question is pretty much always going to be whether or not there are teams in the playoffs that are able to take advantage of the defensive personnel flaws that have been covered up over the course of the regular season. Knowing that, people here will continue to point to problems, or potential future problems, with the defense as the season progresses, but with more of an 'If they do this in the playoffs...." approach than they currently use.

Or Freddie Mitchell.

Thats probably the only time ive seen bb publicly blast a player, I think he said something like we were happy everytime he was on the field LOL

What he really meant was: “keep killing that over rated loser so we can run the score up.”

In my mind, that is what he said

Thats probably the only time ive seen bb publicly blast a player, I think he said something like we were happy everytime he was on the field LOL
BB on anthony smith:

"We've played against a lot better safeties than him, I'll tell you. The safety play at that position was pretty inviting."

It's the truth. A big part of why a lot of people find AR so exciting/dynamic/amazing is his penchant for rolling out and making spectacular plays. It's his greatest strength, but also says a lot about why he's not on Brady's level, and also why he's struggled with injuries throughout his career.

Watching him over the years, he's obviously made some great, flashy plays, but at the same time he looks to roll out TOO SOON and TOO OFTEN in my opinion. Keeping him in the pocket forces him to rely on his vision/reads/pocket presence rather than his raw athleticism.

I believe the main reason why people see him as OMG SO AMAZING is also the same reason he has had limited success and ability to stay healthy over the years.

It's ironic that his biggest strength is also the main reason he isn't on Brady's level as a Quarterback.

Isn't that the reality of the NYFL? It seems like QBs aren't successful until they learn to stay in the pocket. Cam Newton is the latest example.

How newsworthy, a legendary head coach actually tried to fire up his defense during a Sunday night game??

Don’t let the secret out! That’s how we’ve been Winning for decades. Yep, he does that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down