PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB ready to spend to in Free Agency

Well, several players who didn't get tagged should be targets. The team has the money to target multiple high level WRs and 2 of the best available TEs, to be in on Aaron Jones, to try bringing back Van Noy, and to be ready to pounce on any QB who springs loose.
I like Aaron Jones, but I'd rather have the money focused on the front 7 and WR/TE.

I wonder if in the post-Brady era, Belichick will change his approach to free agency going forward. With Brady, you had the luxury to not be that aggressive. Without the best QB in the NFL, he is going to be more creative personnel wise. Which means he could be consistently in the market for more of the top free agents. I don't think he will become Daniel Snyder, but he could go after some more of the marquee names.

As rigid as Belichick is, he does adapt to the changing NFL. Just look at his defenses. He was raised in a bend don't break 3-4 defensive philosophy where the defense read and reacted to the plays. In recent years, he has moved to the 4-3 and has become far more aggressive and blitzing on defense. Some of that is personnel dictating what he can do, but a lot of it is the changing league. And he has adapted to the fact that this is a passing league and winning on defense and having an efficient offense doesn't work anymore.

Including the Brown trade, Cam signing a few days ago and today's unprecedented shopping spree, the New England Patriots have signed in total contract value a little over $225m.

Seems like the Patriots are filling alot of needs in ffree agency. Wonder if that means they are planning on using extensive draft capital to move up for a quarterback

Seems like the Patriots are filling alot of needs in ffree agency. Wonder if that means they are planning on using extensive draft capital to move up for a quarterback
Since Bill has been aggressive in FA and hasn't drafted well, I can see him trading up if one of the QB's he likes slips. If not, I hope he takes a front 7 player to pair with Judon and HT.

The question, is Bill ready to spend, has been answered.

The next question is, has he spent well?

The answer for now is, Yes for Judon, Godchaux & the TEs (in theory, if not in reality)...

The answer, clearly, is No for Everybody Else.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back