PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB on whether he thinks he would have the same success without Brady: "Of course not"

Debate is OVER.Team Bill, time to concede like Bill eloquently just did. Brady has already proved he can be successful w/o Bill. Bill threw in the towel.

So emotional. Settle down Salvation Army.

I'll admit that the story isn't over. If Bill can win w/ Mac, which hopefully he will, then he also will be successful w/o Brady.

You just admitted the debate is over. And then you say that story "isn't over." Well, what is it?

Come on man. He hasn't been successful w/o Brady at all. He's a sub .500 coach w/o him. Whatever. I'm done. He said what he said.
He, like all coaches, needs a good qb to be successfull. Apart from Brady, he hasnt had that yet. He deserves a couple of years at least. Thats not to say he will ever match the level of success that he had with Brady. Not even close.

Brady said he couldn't succeed w/o Bill? He just did with Bruce "the clown" Arians!

Brady wouldn't exist if it weren't for being drafted by the Pats

OK, let's play:

Belichick wouldn't exist if it weren't for being hired by the Pats.

Is this like the Butterfly Effect movie where he feels rejected after being undrafted, finds a way to go back in time to alter events, and strangles himself with his umbilical cord so he never existed?

You just admitted the debate is over. And then you say that story "isn't over." Well, what is it?
You're not to swift are you UVA.

On the John Carroll Patriots? I think the nepotism ship has sailed. If the best coaching candidate is a Belichick, I'm fine with it.
Steven would need to a win a Superbowl his first year to not crucified by the media.

It's not about if Steven has the potential to be a great coach, the pressure that would be put on him by the media would be ridiculous.

He has never played competitive football. The immediate narrative will be white privilege at it's finest.

That's negative publicity that any owner should want to avoid with today's media.

Steven's best course is to coach in college for a few years to earn some clout before being an NFL HC

In the immortal words of Randy Johnson, the Big Unit himself, when asked if he thought he was misunderstood:

"What kind of stupid question is that?"

When you make lemonade, the most important ingredient is the lemons. Otherwise it's not lemonade. But if you don't add sugar, it tastes like s**t. Take your pick on which guy is the lemons and which is the sugar in this analogy, but we don't have lemonade without both.

Shocking. What else would he say? Tom is the GOAT QB.
it is shocking for media members that BB can say that. According to them BBthinks its all him. Heck - they will also spin the theory that he is saying this because he is the next opponent. BB cannot say anything to have believe it.

OK, let's play:

Belichick wouldn't exist if it weren't for being hired by the Pats.

Belichick already had a job.........it is more likely that the Jets would have a few super bowls and that the pats would be still looking for their first one

Is this like the Butterfly Effect movie where he feels rejected after being undrafted, finds a way to go back in time to alter events, and strangles himself with his umbilical cord so he never existed?

well.....sure, this argument is total nonsense, but it is one of the easiest topics to make counterpoints with.......because the argument is silly

would Jerry Rice still be Jerry Rice if Tony Eason and Hugh Millen were throwing to him instead of Joe Montana and Steve Young?

While I think you are hitting on key points here, I thought BB and his staff did some of their best work from 2014-2018…
Oh that's most definitely the case. Bad drafting and the Butler debacle aside, I give Bill and Co. a lot of credit for how well they managed to get those SB winning teams to tune out the noise and for really preparing them at key junctures, and there were so many of those that could have sunk lesser coaching staffs: whether it be responding to that MNF blowout against loss the Chiefs in 2014 with a statement win against a Bengals team going in with apparent momentum, not letting the Deflategate media circus sink the Pats in SB 49, guiding them to a 3-1 record without Brady in 2016, getting the defence to turn things around in that same year following a loss to the Seahawks and the Collins trade that very same year, keeping the team composed in SB 51 even down 28-3, and getting a seemingly over the hill Pats team to respond to the doomsaying during the 18-19 playoffs by utterly dominating an on-paper more talented Chargers team in the Divisional.

Bummed as I am about Brady leaving, and for as long as I think it'll be until the Pats are SB contenders once more, I'm not gonna pretend that Bill didn't play an immense role during that 19 year long partnership.

OK...enough of this masturbatory madness....let's get our freak on...

When you make lemonade, the most important ingredient is the lemons. Otherwise it's not lemonade. But if you don't add sugar, it tastes like s**t. Take your pick on which guy is the lemons and which is the sugar in this analogy, but we don't have lemonade without both.
Mick + Keith = Rolling Stones
John + Paul = Beatles
Tom + Bill = Patriots

Buster Keaton The Blacksmith GIF by Maudit

On the John Carroll Patriots? I think the nepotism ship has sailed. If the best coaching candidate is a Belichick, I'm fine with it.
I agree. But what I'd really like to see is Kraft lure Flores back here when BB's ready to go. Probably about the same time Flores' contract is running out. He's the best HC candidate Ive seen in BB's entire tenure here. He's got a lot of the same traits and outlook as BB, but probably a better communicator. Not saying hes gonna be the next BB, I mean Bill's the goat- thats BIG freakin shoes to fill. But he has all the tools to be a really good hc.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back