PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB on whether he thinks he would have the same success without Brady: "Of course not"

Of course what bill said is true. To say otherwise would be foolish. That being said, would Tom be as successful as he was for an entire decade playing for another coach/organization? It’s not as definitive but my personal opinion would be doubtful.

It's over. Bill threw in the towel. He agreed with what we've been saying, that he was lucky to have Tom at QB and he wouldn't have succeeded w/o him. I guess this games pressure finally got to him.

Team Bill will never accept it however. It's just sad.
You've really bought in to this media-created storyline. Its just such a ridiculous thing to compare a coach vs a qb. Even your idol says so.

It's over. Bill threw in the towel. He agreed with what we've been saying, that he was lucky to have Tom at QB and he wouldn't have succeeded w/o him. I guess this games pressure finally got to him.

Team Bill will never accept it however. It's just sad.

So, you're accepting what Bill just said as the definitive admission, but ignoring how Brady said the exact same thing in reverse because what? He's just being nice?

Of course what bill said is true. To say otherwise would be foolish. That being said, would Tom be as successful as he was for an entire decade playing for another coach/organization? It’s not as definitive but my personal opinion would be doubtful.
It's impossible and pointless to debate that.

They were the perfect duo. No franchise has ever had that kind of success and they did it together.

It's just sad the ride couldn't last longer

Neither wins those 6 rings without the other, nothing to really comment on here. And saying this as somebody who thinks that Brady>BB when it comes to importance, especially during that second half of the dynasty.
While I think you are hitting on key points here, I thought BB and his staff did some of their best work from 2014-2018…

So, you're accepting what Bill just said as the definitive admission, but ignoring how Brady said the exact same thing in reverse because what? He's just being nice?
Brady said he couldn't succeed w/o Bill? He just did with Bruce "the clown" Arians!

It's impossible and pointless to debate that.

They were the perfect duo. No franchise has ever had that kind of success and they did it together.

It's just sad the ride couldn't last longer
It lasted a really really long time. I neither blame Brady for wanting to play on a SB contender, nor BB for rolling the dice a few years ago re a 40+ qb. I love the two decades of success and I don’t cry that it was ‘only the longest qb-coach duo ever’.

Tired Over It GIF by Robert E Blackmon

These threads.

Pat Riley was not diminished in legacy after LeBron went elsewhere and won additional rings.

Similar case here.

Debate is OVER.Team Bill, time to concede like Bill eloquently just did. Brady has already proved he can be successful w/o Bill. Bill threw in the towel.

Brady himself said he wouldn't have become the player he became without Belichick...so F off

Brady himself said he wouldn't have become the player he became without Belichick...so F off

Yea, as a coach. Duh

Brady has succeeded w/o Bill. Bill admits he wouldn't have succeeded w/o Brady. I knew you wouldn't admit his throwing in the towel. It took guts for Bill to say this 2 days before The Game. I commend him for it. Be a man and take the L.

Pat Riley was not diminished in legacy after LeBron went elsewhere and won additional rings.

Similar case here.
Pat Riley was highly successful and Championships before LeBron arrived.

Not a very good comparison.

Pops with Duncan is a better comparison

It's not a good look. I don't care how successful Steven might be. Nepotism is taboo nowadays.

It's better for Steven to make a name for himself under a different coaching tree and team.

He would live in his dad's shadow in NE and that's not fair for anyone especially a GOAT HC/GM

On the John Carroll Patriots? I think the nepotism ship has sailed. If the best coaching candidate is a Belichick, I'm fine with it.

Yea, as a coach. Duh

Brady has succeeded w/o Bill. Bill admits he wouldn't have succeeded w/o Brady. I knew you wouldn't admit his throwing in the towel. It took guts for Bill to say this 2 days before The Game. I commend him for it. Be a man and take the L.

Go to the Bucs forum since we all know you are a Bucs fan. Why else would you change your avatar last year to a Bucs player, who had no connection with the Pats whatsoever? Are you going to gloat on Sunday when the Bucs (probably) will win? I'll be you will and you'll be the first one to trash Belichick in the post-game thread.

And Belichick never said he wouldn't have been successful without Brady. He just he wouldn't be AS successful without him. Ok Umass?

Yea, as a coach. Duh

Bill admitted that he wouldn't have the same level of success w/o Brady, not that he would not be successful without Brady. It was a silly question by the reporter. Obviously he wouldnt have the same level of success. That statement was not the kind of bombshell you are making it out to be.

Go to the Bucs forum since we all know you are a Bucs fan. Why else would you change your avatar last year to a Bucs player, who had no connection with the Pats whatsoever? Are you going to gloat on Sunday when the Bucs (probably) will win? I'll be you will and you'll be the first one to trash Belichick in the post-game thread.

And Belichick never said he wouldn't have been successful without Brady. He just he wouldn't be AS successful without him. Ok Umass?
So emotional. Settle down Salvation Army.

I'll admit that the story isn't over. If Bill can win w/ Mac, which hopefully he will, then he also will be successful w/o Brady.

If the Browns draft Brady instead of Spergon Wynn, then Brady would be Spergon Wynn

it was a split decision to even keep Brady during 2000 preseason .... they almost cut him

this is one of those things that required 2 ingredients for something to happen.........which one needed who more will never be answered

Bill admitted that he wouldn't have the same level of success w/o Brady, not that he would not be successful without Brady. It was a silly question by the reporter. Obviously he wouldnt have the same level of success. That statement was not the kind of bombshell you are making it out to be.
Come on man. He hasn't been successful w/o Brady at all. He's a sub .500 coach w/o him. Whatever. I'm done. He said what he said.

Go to the Bucs forum since we all know you are a Bucs fan. Why else would you change your avatar last year to a Bucs player, who had no connection with the Pats whatsoever?

Christ, dude…get rid of this **** first. Then talk.

1633112698964.png

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back