PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB on Brady playing when he's 50: If anyone can do it it's him

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

“I’m sure Tom would know better than anybody, so if anybody can do it it’s him,” Belichick said.

Sounds like a guy who at least regrets a little bit not keeping Brady when the window to do that was open. Wouldn't surprise me if he does. I know Shula's wins record means a lot to Bill and it should, and having the GOAT would have given him the best chance to break it. Now even as promising as Mac is, it's doubtful that will happen.

This begs the question - why on earth didn't you sign him?

Is this the first time he’s said his name since the Super Bowl?
Maybe. Glad he broke character and gave him that compliment instead of just the usual line about only focusing on the Patriots and Patriots players as usual.

But it does make me wonder if he really feels that way now, why didn't he feel that way a few years ago when the window was open? What changed his mind?

Maybe. Glad he broke character and gave him that compliment instead of just the usual line about only focusing on the Patriots and Patriots players as usual.

But it does make me wonder if he really feels that way now, why didn't he feel that way a few years ago when the window was open? What changed his mind?
Probably watching Brady win the SB and MVP throwing 50 total TDs. Bill's biggest miscalculation of his career. Jimmy was drafted 7 years ago.

This begs the question - why on earth didn't you sign him?

When? I know there was a point we could have committed for more than one year and did not. That would be the point you are referring too. However, I very much doubt we would have been able to put the team around him that TB has.

They had a young core and they managed their cap flawlessly. That's how they were able to do what they were able to do. We were at the end of a cycle. Could we have prolonged the cycle? Maybe, maybe not. Would I have worked harder to keep Brady? Sure.

Probably watching Brady win the SB and MVP throwing 50 total TDs. Bill's biggest miscalculation of his career. Jimmy was drafted 7 years ago.
I get the logic that you don't want to go all in on a 40+ year old QB. That's understandable - but the thing is you do want to go all in on THIS 40+ year old QB. I think Bill sees that now if he didn't before. Brady is one of a kind and always will be. There will never be another Brady.

He has a deep all star team and an impenetrable offensive line around him. There are other veteran QBs who could do the same if they had that talented group surrounding him and they worked as hard to stay in shape.

He has a deep all star team and an impenetrable offensive line around him. There are other veteran QBs who could do the same if they had that talented group surrounding him and they worked as hard to stay in shape.

These are the words of someone who was a state champion in high school football and 30 years later still brag that they definitely could have gone pro if only they didn’t tear their knee in their senior season.

Just like those same vet QBs would have won 6 SBs if Bill was their HC ... :rolleyes:

I'm surprised Bill mentioned his name.

All of next week (Mon-Sun) is going to be a media circus.

I'm surprised Bill mentioned his name.

All of next week (Mon-Sun) is going to be a media circus.
I wonder how high the rating will be. I'm sure it will be way up there.

I wonder how high the rating will be. I'm sure it will be way up there.
I can definitely see them doing Divisional round of the playoffs numbers!

These are the words of someone who was a state champion in high school football and 30 years later still brag that they definitely could have gone pro if only they didn’t tear their knee in their senior season.
To be fair he is throwing to

2x WR who have had 1500+ yard receiving seasons
1x WR who had a 1300+ yard receiving seasons
1x TE who had a 1300+ yard receiving season and record for most TDs by a TE

All of whom seem to be playing at a high level.

Honestly its beyond All-Star team. Has their ever been a better collection of offensive weapons in NFL history?:excited:

To be fair he is throwing to

2x WR who have had 1500+ yard receiving seasons
1x WR who had a 1300+ yard receiving seasons
1x TE who had a 1300+ yard receiving season and record for most TDs by a TE

All of whom seem to be playing at a high level.

Honestly its beyond All-Star team. Has their ever been a better collection of offensive weapons in NFL history?:excited:

90's Cowboys.

Because he didn't want to be here anymore

Plus there's too much uncertainty whether a 45+-year-old QB can continue to play well until he's 50. I think Brady wanted to leave (his choice), but I also think Bill was relieved Brady left so he can get a younger QB.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back