PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Battle of the Leaks: Kraft strikes back

This PR **** ... nobody will win ... move forward.
Internal corrections just do them ... shut up about it.
My worry is that we'll start seeing (have) already that we are in a social media environment, something BB hasn't had to deal with, until late. It's more aggressive in the media. I could be wrong, but how soon do you think these reporters are willing to say FU, you say one thing I'll get more money out quote, I don't need you for a lead anymore. Mayo is going to be as transparent with the media, as BB was. He's already got a disadvantage regarding his Curran ties. Can he break that, or embrace it to the point where he can win on the field and in our new media.

I don't doubt his football achumen. Well studied. Hell, go hire Brady for the OC. It wouldn't matter. The answer to this team solutions start at the top. I worry that he may not understand where the scapegoating is coming from, and it may show up for him on the field
He has got to be thorough, and there have to be losses on the staff. Any gain we have has to be matched to a draft pick. New or (existing) Coordinators, lay down your plan, identify players of value, set a a plan for ideal picks for you positional players for the upcoming draft. That's for both sides of the ball.
That's the only way you can move forward after all the social media stuff. Unfortunately, we may be in a place where we may give up on the one thing BB gave up vs wins.

Not sure why people feel like this is somehow ****ting on Bill. This is largely just setting the record straight on some negative ideas that have started to pop up based on recent reporting that mostly seemed to come from Bill’s camp with the purpose of making him look good by ****ting on the NE scouting operation…
I said this earlier. You missed the article on JuJu that came out last year. Before the knives were out. I missed it too.

It came out in the Herald, I didn't know about it, but it came out verbatim that JuJu was the work of personnel

I didn't remember reading it or it being mentioned anywhere, so I too thought the recent tweets came from Belichick's people. More likely Callahan recycled it for his own purposes.

But none of the Belichick personnel articles said anything about coaching staff strife. That came in the articles who quoted sources either close to mayo (since people here think Mayo was leaking) or else someone in management

Last edited:
Its a win win for the krafts and media. Team plays well - bill was holding themback. Team sucks - Bill's roster is holding them back

But what about for us?

Its a win win for the krafts and media. Team plays well - bill was holding themback. Team sucks - Bill's roster is holding them back
That may be the thinking, but if losing because of BB is a fall back then losing is the name of the game.

curran might as well say it out loud that jonathan is his source.

There's a lot of conflating of "Bill had too much power" with "the Krafts want that power". It's probably more that, the Kraft's were done with the team being the Bill Belichick show where Bill is the actor, director and writer and everyone else is just sort of there to fill a positional opening. They wanted the scouts to take care of the scouting and the people in charge of team building to deal with the team building and the OC to focus on the offense and run it the way that made sense for them.

Kraft basically outright said it during the Q&A. Bill didn't always have absolute power, he slowly earned it, then it got to a point where he had so much control that nobody felt they could truly challlenge him and supply an opposing voice (Brady was probably the last to be able to do that because of his relationship with Kraft and stature in the organization). They want to modernize the organization and move past it being a one man show where one guy gets to go unchallenged. It's fine when it works, but we slowly saw it degrade as Bill amassed more power. Scouting/drafting wise it started about a decade ago, but as time went on it effected the coaching staff and other aspects and it hit critical mass in recent years where it was all just piling up to a ****ty product.

There's a lot of conflating of "Bill had too much power" with "the Krafts want that power". It's probably more that, the Kraft's were done with the team being the Bill Belichick show where Bill is the actor, director and writer and everyone else is just sort of there to fill a positional opening. They wanted the scouts to take care of the scouting and the people in charge of team building to deal with the team building and the OC to focus on the offense and run it the way that made sense for them.

Kraft basically outright said it during the Q&A. Bill didn't always have absolute power, he slowly earned it, then it got to a point where he had so much control that nobody felt they could truly challlenge him and supply an opposing voice (Brady was probably the last to be able to do that because of his relationship with Kraft and stature in the organization). They want to modernize the organization and move past it being a one man show where one guy gets to go unchallenged. It's fine when it works, but we slowly saw it degrade as Bill amassed more power. Scouting/drafting wise it started about a decade ago, but as time went on it effected the coaching staff and other aspects and it hit critical mass in recent years where it was all just piling up to a ****ty product.
Very well said and balanced. Wish more people or myself can write like this without the venom.

Last edited:
Man, the stories are pouring out endlessly. Again, just squeezing this for all the juice they can before the team moves on. I understand it's hard when there's little else to go off of, and not much happening in our camp that's being publicly reported, but I think an exercise in holding judgment and waiting for the dust to fully settle is the best move. We have journalists getting as much money as they can before the ship sails on this era, we have Kraft who apparently... wants to leak **** to set the record straight (wtf)? We have Bill who has a job search and wants to look good.... And we have disgruntled employees.

Trying to find the truth in all of this is like trying to find a needle in the haystack if they hay was actually a mountain of **** sticks that look like hay.

The first part of Mayos job will have to be shutting down the leaks from above. The second will be shutting down the leaks in house. The third will be learning to shut down his own leaks.
He might be one of the leaks himself, probably sent curran a picture of the baseball bat

curran might as well say it out loud that jonathan is his source.

And also that he was lied right to his face on that one. It's been a long time since Curran was a 4th stringer at the ProJo. Right now though, parroting Jonathan Kraft is great for his career, so he may as well keep that bridge up as long as he can before he needs to burn it - he's a made guy now.

Whatever we are in a totally new era now.
BB and Tom are both gone
Let's hope the new era can bring us at least 20 percent of joy and happiness that the BB/TB era did
Stop pissing on my cynical cereal.

1000007067.jpg
This is like the perfect example of Wickersham's M.O. lol

Any Pats fan simping for Wickersham at this point is a huge rube.

If you believe this though, you have to dismiss big chunks of the Wickersham, Callahan AND Howe articles, not only Wickersham. Again, there are discrepancies.

From Kraft saying Belichick would have to relinquish some powers regarding the draft, to Belichick not wanting a QB at 15, to the Smith-Schuster over Jakobi (that one isn't on Kraft, but on the scouts).

Then there's the meddling with the staff that caused divided allegiances.

There isn't a lot of differences, between Curran's and other's reportings. The overall facts of the same. The sources of the facts are not. It really is different spin on the same events. If Wickersham writes another book on the Patriots, I am sure his reporting on these events will be different. Just like it was in his last book. Because he will have more time to get more evidence to see what the real story is.

Right now it is both sides trying to tell their side of the story. You have parse through the different stories to try to find the truth. You choose to believe the stories of Kraft being a meddling owner who undermined Belichick and set him up to fail. It seems out of character to me based on the last nearly two and a half decades where he has let Belichick pretty much do what he wants.

One thing worth noting is that Curran throws **** at the wall on TV but rarely puts it in print. If he puts it in print then it is an actual report and is sourced. This is a real article, so has more reason to be believed.

You cannot judge reporters based on their TV and radio appearances. On broadcast media, you gotta make hot takes. It is how the business is run. Straight reporting is boring and TV is entertainment. You gotta be more interesting than factual on TV.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back