PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bart Scott makes a bold prediction about Bill Belichick (out of thin air????)

That...was very odd. If it happens I will be so pissed. Leave the organization in complete shambles.

I could definitely see him retiring soon, but not leaving for another team (barring an unforeseen and improbable development likely involving Kraft).

I’ve thought of this but not Bill going to the Giants just bill going into the sunset.
He is way more candid then he’s ever been and might I say laid back.
McDaniels as head coach eh I dunno what I think of that.

Bart Scott is an idiot but I would not be shocked if Bill hung it up at the end of this year. I would be surprised but he is pushing 70 and a full rebuild is in order. Is he really going to coach into his early 70's to see this team competing for a super bowl again?

This stupid **** was debunked when Belichick could have gotten a blank check from the Maras which is...

Any time after 2003.

If Belichick wanted out he'd be gone. People who think NYC is somehow a bigger stage than coaching for the Pats have their heads up their asses. We're a marquee team *because* of Belichick and Belichick just ran off the GOAT QB. Do you think he'd ever want to trade the known relationship with Kraft for a bunch of unknowns just because it's a place he could have gone to at any point?

If Belichick leaves it isn't for affinity for some area it's to get a better shot at beating Shula but where is he going to get a better shot than the program he's built for the last 20 years?

Let's be clear: Bart Scott absolutely hates the Pats dating back to that famous '07 game.

With that being said, BB is not going to leave just to be a GM somewhere else. He's an X's and O's guy. Always will be.

Gettleman is definitely on his way out of NY, and BB has always had a fondness for the Giants and the Mara family...then again he's only 52 wins away from tying Don Shula. I could see him doing either...

Last edited:
I could definitely see him retiring soon, but not leaving for another team (barring an unforeseen and improbable development likely involving Kraft).
Agree with this. I think when he’s done with the Pats, he’s done with football. He has a good life outside of football and plenty of leisure activities that he enjoys. Plus Linda is getting more wrinkly by the day and he probably wants to retire and chill with her before she resembles a Shar Pei.

Clickbait.

Conveniently overlooks how many times BB has thanked and been grateful to Kraft. He knows he will not have the same relationship or autonomy anywhere else.

Doesn't matter what his track record is- I guarantee that most owners in the NFL just can't refrain from meddling in football operations or from calling the shots.

Also going somewhere else would mean he would have to either start from scratch all over again, import and install his system and philosophy and purge everyone and everything that doesn't fit it, or he could jettison his way of doing things just to fit in with another organization.

Both would take too much time, and like others have said, he is nearly 70. I have to think the only reason he's still doing this is because his passion is there and..... Don Shula.

Just scrolling to the bottom of this thread, purposely not reading it. Bart Scott? I'm good. Praise the ignore function.

He seems too proud to leave right now. Have what could likely be a losing season right after Brady leaves and the quit? I think he’s gonna try to at least right the ship before moving on and try to prove he can do it without brady.

He seems too proud to leave right now. Have what could likely be a losing season right after Brady leaves and the quit? I think he’s gonna try to at least right the ship before moving on and try to prove he can do it without brady.
Bill doesn't have to prove anything to me. He's the best HC I've ever seen and I go back as far as Lombardi. I think he'll stay as long as he enjoys coaching, regardless of the record.

Do people actually listen to Bart Scott? If so, why?

That would be completely horrible to give the keys to McD after BB. That would be like eating filet mignon then eating a shoe.

If Belichick wanted out he'd be gone. People who think NYC is somehow a bigger stage than coaching for the Pats have their heads up their asses. We're a marquee team *because* of Belichick and Belichick just ran off the GOAT QB. Do you think he'd ever want to trade the known relationship with Kraft for a bunch of unknowns just because it's a place he could have gone to at any point?
We were a marquee team because of Tom Brady.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back