PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bart Scott makes a bold prediction about Bill Belichick (out of thin air????)

Wouldn't shock me if Bill coaches til 75. He wants one more, imo.

He said he didn't want to be Marv Levy coaching into his 70s. Although that was 11 years ago so he might have changed his mind.

Wouldn't shock me if Bill coaches til 75. He wants one more, imo.

He just might be around that long. Bill and Brady are a different species. Never seen anyone more motivated than them to win and stay great at what they do. They both could have walked away about 4 years ago and been looked at as the unquestioned greatest at their positions, neither have had anything left to prove. But still put it all on the line to compete at this level.

Bart Scott is an idiot but I would not be shocked if Bill hung it up at the end of this year. I would be surprised but he is pushing 70 and a full rebuild is in order. Is he really going to coach into his early 70's to see this team competing for a super bowl again?
Absolutely, and there's work to be done, but it isn't a "full rebuild." Another example of Bart Scott's wishful thinking and oral diarrhea.

People, especially writers looking for an angle, are perfectly willing to throw any idea out there that will generate clicks.

Let's see. The theory is that Belichick would like to create a legacy of succeeding only with Tom Brady and then, when Tom leaves, the talent is thin and the organization returns to its struggling ways. This makes it a great time to pack his bags and leave forever cementing the idea that Brady was absolutely critical to his success and featuring his bad drafts over the past 5 years as a primary source of the team's current losing ways.

Please spare me more of these thoughts; they just go over my head.

Absolutely, and there's work to be done, but it isn't a "full rebuild." Another example of Bart Scott's wishful thinking and oral diarrhea.
It is a full rebuild. Bill told you that several times this season. The question is how quickly can it be done. It all starts with getting the QB.

Bart Scott? Why are we even entertaining anything that comes out of his mouth?

I'll always love him for his tantrum at the end of the Pats @ Ravens '07 game...LOL

It is a full rebuild. Bill told you that several times this season. The question is how quickly can it be done. It all starts with getting the QB.
Where and when did BB use the term "full rebuild?"

Where and when did BB use the term "full rebuild?"
Read his comments to Weiss. Pretty obvious we are in full rebuild. Or better yet just look at our roster. Aging vets on big contracts. Not a lot of young talent that has been drafted. No QB. Pretty much full rebuild.

Read his comments to Weiss. Pretty obvious we are in full rebuild. Or better yet just look at our roster. Aging vets on big contracts. Not a lot of young talent that has been drafted. No QB. Pretty much full rebuild.
Just read a lengthy piece on yahoo about the Belichick/Weiss conversation, including exact dialogue transcripts. At no point did BB use the term "rebuild", let alone " full rebuild." He referenced lack of depth due to salary cap restrictions, COVID opt outs and recent injuries. No "rebuild" reference that I read.

Belichick took years to build the organization he wanted to build in New England, he’s closing in on retirement and he’s not going to go try to build another organization somewhere else. I don’t believe he will move “ upstairs” in New England as he is “ upstairs” and I think he will want his successor to have the kind of power and control he has enjoyed. I think Caserio will succeed him as the head of football operations and McDaniels will likely succeed him as Head Coach. And I really believe Belichick will do everything he can to build this team back to championship level before he turns the team over, I’m guessing 3-5 more years, as I think he wants another Lombardi, I don’t think he will hold on to break Shula’s wins record.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back