PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Baker Mayfield to be waived... edit: The RAMS claimed him

What an opportunity for a redemption btw. If your only job is to hand off to McCaffrey and the rest of the stable of rbs, throw little dump off passes to CM, 5 yard slants to Deebo while also having the security blanket of Kittle who probably is the best blocking te around, have one of the best defenses, then I say thats a win. If you can’t handle that then its probably time to retire.

Thats why I think it makes too much sense for both sides to pass. If he's healthy he can run a little too, and he does have experience.

That kid Purdy played well against Miami but with 2 more game tapes for DCs to study he won't be able to do anything.

Schefter doesn't specify which team, there may be multiple teams, should find out later today. A gun to my head, I would think Colts, but if he goes unclaimed, that says a lot.
Rumor mill saying Matt Ryan is asking to be released to reunite with Shanahan so you never know. Maybe some musical chairs.

Thats why I think it makes too much sense for both sides to pass. If he's healthy he can run a little too, and he does have experience.

That kid Purdy played well against Miami but with 2 more game tapes for DCs to study he won't be able to do anything.
Agee, if a qb is going to that team(San Fran) they don't have to do too much. Just manage the game and don't make mistakes. With that defense, that O-line and those weapons, all he would have to do is short passes, hand the ball off and make sure you don't fumble or throw a big int.

And he could take care of the stadium.
This entire offense is a mystery this season, I want to say macs this or this guy's isn't this.. realistically the entire offense needs reserved judgement until a competent coordinator is hired, promoted my hope is either Caley or hoyer.

I think a lot of talented QBs get ruined by the bad teams that draft them and don't fix their bad habits letting them get worse and put them in a position to fail. But guys like Mayfield and Zach Wilson look to be guys who would fail in any system because both guys just don't get it and expect things to come easy to them without the work.
Or great organizations with a long tenured history of winning and creating a free agent destination does something crazy like ask incompetent people to coach the most important side of the ball in the NFL.. also can ruin a young QB who showed he belongs in the NFL

Ravens/Titans are the only teams I could think would need him down the home stretch, especially if the Niners already said no.

The case for Baker Mayfield for Pats:

1. Buying extremely low on a former first overall pick (Warren Bufett's principle)
2. He is still young
3. No chance at a better QB in draft
4. Bring him in as #2, if MAC continues to implode...give him a chance to be reborn
5. Pats were interested in him at draft time
6. Its fun to troll the browns

1. Buying extremely low on a former first overall pick (Warren Bufett's principle)

2. He is still young

4. Bring him in as #2, if MAC continues to implode...give him a chance to be reborn

2. He is still young
No qb, right now in the NFL under this current alignment, coaching set up, o line could come in here and function.. as great as Allen is he couldn't even do it.. he'd be on IR already.

Mac somehow someway has managed to at least attempt to function in this dysfunctional offense to a small degree (I.E Minnesota)

It’s 4pm……..

Who claimed Baker?

That makes sense. Stafford is out. Wolford is the Rams Bailey Zappe and you always want to try and upgrade from that caliber of QB.

Real question is if they hosed or saved SF

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back