PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

B.G.C. 2019 NFL Draft/Patriot-Type Players Thread

Great watch.
Like w Reddick etc the ? will remain about position change in NFL. Its obviously not that easy. NDS has him as pure OLB but thats another game. Hercules was hyped as Day 2 by many and got undrafted..
____

A suggestion re posting clips. When there is a twitter player thread (like in SS's case here) maybe its better to post just one tweet and make a note that there is a thread there. Saves space here and makes this thread more transparent, easier to handle..

Great watch.
Like w Reddick etc the ? will remain about position change in NFL. Its obviously not that easy. NDS has him as pure OLB but thats another game. Hercules was hyped as Day 2 by many and got undrafted..
____

Its too early but i think i gave him a 3rd rd grade but ... lessons we learn, for sure. Injuries are the worst tho. Their already behind the 8ball & this happens.
A suggestion re posting clips. When there is a twitter player thread (like in SS's case here) maybe its better to post just one tweet and make a note that there is a thread there. Saves space here and makes this thread more transparent, easier to handle..

Too early, think he was a day 3 guy for me but ... Lessons we learn.
Yea i always think about it but get too trigger happy with some of the clips but i smell ya. Any other suggestions?

Work has been brutal. Doing 6-10's(6 days a week\10 hours) Was ready yest to put in work .... Comcast spilts a ****in main to knock out power right before i get home. No wifi, ac, tv etc

Stanley/Fant, Zach Allen, Jelks & other breakdowns coming on nepd
Anyone want any players looked at let me know.

Last edited:
7/10's now. Im dead but absolutely gone start hitting it hard w some new **** tonight after work/nap. OSU/Iowa,BC/Iowa

Been too busy but im gone start pumping out content soon.

Starting a college football podcast with Mark Jarvis. Should have it late this week. Actually just tried to talk abt a few things & had some audio trouble but its coming real soon. Shooting for 3 a week.

Going over almost every team starting w/ A, B, C etc so ill be posting notes from each film study in here as well.

Waiting on interviews from 2 legit, potential 1st rdrs. Maybe even the #1CB in the country depending on the year he has. Other one is a local guy I love.

Also gone start a Pats podcast as well once this is up & rolling.

If there is anyone that is familiar w pods & setting them up help would be greatly appreciated. Esp anyone in Boston. Having the hardest time getting audio right. I'll throw u a few bux for ya time. Actually took the 1st one down bc i had to do it over the phone & I sounded like ****. I was really nervous bc i knew it wasnt the best quality & hate half assing sh it.

Also as long as I can get creds I'm prob going to the SR Bowl this year.

Last edited:
Akron notes.

Jamal Davis DE jumped off screen a few times but hes so undersized & will have to switch to off the ball at the next level. Can't re-set. Looks like a chase/pursuit guy. Good quicks. Have to have a body on him or he'll kill any angles a RB is looking to take. Decent job at knifing but again hes a LB in the NFL. High effort guy. Showed some toughness. Snap jumper. Recognition wasn't the best but whos knows wht hes asked to do (some coaches don't care & will task their players w only getting up field or playing contain). Lined up in a few spots including blitzing from LB. Has to stop that spin move.

Ritz (G) is a high effort/toughened G. Likes to mix it up in close quarters. Looks for work everywhere at all times. Not a technician wins by out muscling guys. No quicks from what I saw. Not someone who will work out in the 2nd level. Has to refine game.

Brian Reinke DE
Like Davis rec wasnt good at all. Again could be bc of his assignment. A lot better in terms hand usage & stringing some moves together. Doesn't have the quicks Davis has, not the athlete. Still undersized around 250-255?

K Brown CB is very impressive from a physical standpoint but looks lioe he can really only work in space. Footwork, in route, just doesn't have the game for a full time CB at the next level. Again better in space/off. Maybe some S in his future.

All need big years to draftable next year.

Alabama not everyone will be listed here.

R Davis will be a fascinating watch. He's like a big Chuck Norris at times w his handwork. Can string flawless moves together like its nothing. Has to have 35 inch arms if not longer. Stuns w each punch. Sometimes the best IDL use the space given post snap & look like Edge players & hes one imo. Disruptive. Violent hands. Might depend on them too much. Has to get more churn out of the lower half. If he checks out otf hes a lottery-top 15 pick.

Harris
Doesn't do anything spectacular but looks to have + vision. Great job & feel when to bust a crease. Has a lil jump cut. Very physical doesnt shy away from contact at all. He absolutely will hit u 1st. Legs don't stop. Hands look soft? Interesting player. Again nothing great but his style has translated throughout the history of the game. Every team wants that rough & tumble guy to help close out games, GL/SY, take a pounding & keep going.

Jennings is very workman-like w + effort & toughness. Has the speed & quicks to bust angles down the line. So smart & comfy playing backfield/rpo game. + closing speed & using length/hands. Very good when the play breaks down.

Buggs is a beast. Natural strength for days. Great lateral movement to make his way down the line. Stays patient & tight to beat Down blocks. Good job at using length to beat & redirect reaches. Motor could improve but again hes a big boy. Big hitter will ruin ur day. Next level position has to be idl? Tough player.

Pierschbacher could be a real player w added strength. Technical. Fights to get inside, leveraging, footwork all look good. Think hes up to 310 so i hope its good weight & helps.

D Thompson looks like the next great DB. Physical. Range. Plays everywhere. Intense. Just adds to the line of thought that Bama DBs are the smartest group in the country. He'll be everyones fav.

The good

The bad

Last edited:
Will have notes & some clips from Ari/Ari St very soon & will attach the pod as well now that I figured it what was wrong.

I think a few posters will love Wren & Froholdt. Harry as well. Dude is so good at what he does.

A few Ark guys

Pronounced - Yelda Froholdt

Everything starts from everything starts from his base. Quick out of a stance very balanced on his feet allows them to deliver a quick accurate strike or gain inside hands. Once this does happen and he's able to Anchor usually the play is dead. Does a great job of trying to get inside of his opponent shoulders strong hand strong wrist. Again no just like a boxer you can't deliver good punch unless your feet are set and his are usually always on point. They're always moving, always has that foot fire base to him.

Easy mover.

Great on combos, c can create a big wall it was very fun watching him and Ragnar play together.

Seems like a very smart player understand what's in front of him. Does a good job at redirecting when opponents try to use their length.

Look very comfortable playing Alabama didn't look shook. Head was always moving and again wasn't fazed by stunts, different types of rushes or pass rush techniques.

Get stronger. Just keep improving.

Ramirez

Team captain. Plays ST. Coaches player.

First thing you notice is that he's a chirpa. Making sure everyone is lined up where they need to be, calling out any reeds he sees.

Physical player wants to hit first and last.wont except being blocked good job at using length.

Seems very comfortable in the open field

Versatile in terms of lining up in the slot playing High covering the shallow Zone seems comfortable in space

Impacts the game in a variety of different ways for being a secure tackler so it's very good instincts and range.

Greenlaw

Undersized can't get himself mixed up in the muck around the line line of scrimmage.

Seem pretty comfortable active playing the shallow Zone we would see some slant crosses. Very comfortable navigating that area. Seems like a secure tackler in open space. Physical for his size. Doesn't shy away from it.

Seemed pretty heady when he was in coverage new would have responsibilities were

Biggest question marks for me for a guy his size where's he going to play n succeed. Not sure he has the speed he'd need & again looks like a liability at times in the run game.

Will post some clips lata

Ari St

Manny Wilkins

Team loves him. He's love the QB position. Evident from excitiment after plays.

Very comfortable moving, rolling out the pocket throwing on the move.

Biggest issues are decision making inside the pocket manipulate in the pocket to create a better platform. And quick decision-making quick processing to make the smart play. Too many sacks were on him last year in my opinion.

Seems like you could have a little wider base and doesn't use his lower half enough when throwing.

Big Year with new coordinators and coaches has two separate himself from his previous work to really make himself draftable in terms of the future NFL quarterback

Harry

Size, strength & length. Understands strengths & what he does well. Fantastic 50/50 player. Understands it's his job to make it work on those types of plays. Can track, adjust, go up & get it. Toe tap & work sidelines. + Concentration throughout catch, focus & body control. Hands catcher but just gets it done. Get job at adjusting on under thrown, off throws, defenders drapped on him.

Vg stalk blocker. Very impressive. He'll move u. Likes getting dirty. Not afraid of contact. Knows how to play physical, w hands, gives as good as he gets.

Used bull/snatch to get open. Swim. Get physical at the line! Good job at using his hands at Los.

350 Oregon uses double swipe to get open. Slant, takes big hit & being slowed down by a DB. Shakes it off for 30+.

TX Tech double swipe, swim back shoulder. Vintage Harry. That's what u get in him. Held almost whole time.

Bunch formation freed up but good example of what he can do in the slot/inside.

Takes a min to get going.

Has to work on release. False steps, wasted motion don't help when he isn't lightening quick.

Team has to stop gadget plays. Outside/Inside. Slants, crossers more often.

At times Stance is high when he's not getting the ball. Low when targeted. TX TECH GM.

Might never be a dominant #1, who knows, who cares. He's an impact player. Once he gets around legit NFL talent look out!

Wren

1st off the ball. Does a great job of using his natural Leverage and strength. Comes out low with high hands. Gets on top of his opponent quick and gets inside the chest even quicker. Gives off Bullard vibes in terms of his jump & punch. Gets low, explodes & gets inside his man's chest. Very impressive for an undersized guy. 1 on 1 has enough technique + natural strength to stack\shed. Again 1 on 1 he's a mover. + Hands & motor. Gets low, stays low. Powerful lower half. Just churns out. Really good initial punch, stuns on reg. Fire hydrant type. + Motor. Wash was triple teaming by games end. Lines up shaded, over, even/odd front.

Last edited:
So I have to admit I was nervous. 1st time. Rambled on & forgot to breathe. I'll improve. Any feedback or criticism is welcomed. Will be doing 3 shows a week. 2 strictly players after watching film & Fridays will be questions, general stuff, rankings, round table w a few of the guys so any questions you have please drop a line here or pm me.
I will be doing a Pat's pod as well. Tryna find a copilot.

Last edited:
Cant wait to check it out.
Really appreciate it. Again any feedback, criticism is cool, I don't mind & theres def room for improvement lol. I have good idea of what I gotta do but it would be nice to hear what someone else thinks as well.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back