PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

B.G.C. 2019 NFL Draft/Patriot-Type Players Thread

With Kyler Declaring officially i can see there being a run on QBs, i think the surprise QB team could be the cardinals.. we all know what Kilff Thinks of Kyler.

Giants, Dolphins, Jaguars, Raiders?, Washington. I could see all of these maybe taking a QB..
Cardinals should take Murray if Kingsbury's belief is that strong. Let him and Rosen compete and if one turns out great they will still have a valuable asset to trade. If I was running the Cardinals I would forget all this Bosa talk, trade down and draft a couple qualify OLinemen.

Cardinals should take Murray if Kingsbury's belief is that strong. Let him and Rosen compete and if one turns out great they will still have a valuable asset to trade. If I was running the Cardinals I would forget all this Bosa talk, trade down and draft a couple qualify OLinemen.

I think the issue with that is there's no Quentin Nelson or Joe Thomas.. There's no real dominate 0-line in this years draft. Whereas Bosa may be one of the best prospects coming out.

I think the issue with that is there's no Quentin Nelson or Joe Thomas.. There's no real dominate 0-line in this years draft. Whereas Bosa may be one of the best prospects coming out.
Joey already misses half their games, Nick was hurt and sat out to protect from further injury. Maybe no Nelson or Thomas but there are people like Williams, Risner and others that could solidify their line.

Such a **** situation. I know he has a single red flag but would we be willing to take him?

I’ll leave it to the knowledgeable draft board members like Bacon, Reamer, etc. but if you can get someone that projects similar to Chris Jones & Fletcher Cox at 32 that’s worth exploring.

Someone break down the QB prospects strength and weakness please.
I'm really interested in what Lock could offer.
Can one of the college football gurus break his game down?
Also any unheralded sleepers to keep a eye on?

I’ll leave it to the knowledgeable draft board members like Bacon, Reamer, etc. but if you can get someone that projects similar to Chris Jones & Fletcher Cox at 32 that’s worth exploring.

Talent wise he’d be a great guy to have. Regularly faces two man teams and still gets penetration and makes the tackle. The only issue is what he done when he was in high school. Other than that he’s a perfect guy.

I am not one of the knowledgeable draft board members.... But I will say that they were willing to take Dominique Easley at 29 with 2 torn ACLs, although he had been much further along in his recovery from the 2nd one than Simmons is.

I'm not saying that they should pick Simmons, nor am I saying that Easley was a good pick at #29 (I feel quite the opposite actually, for a few reasons). But I am saying that they've gone down that path before, so if they think Simmons is that good of a player then they may be willing to do so again.

Absolutely. The only thing is that video & obviously the fact he put his hands on a female. Honestly I think that's an auto no-no esp coming in as a rookie.

When I heard the news the cringed. He's really done everything in his power to turn his rep around & this happens. Really sux for him.

Hes so explosive. Such quick, strong hands. No messing around. He explodes, will hit you w something & go. Very quick, patient feet. Able flow down the line, burst in the backfield. Just a force coming at you. Usually plays w vg leverage, again hes a bottom up guy. Very hard to move when he's set.

I forget who the other prospect was but it was him, Oliver & someone else & I think he's exactly what we've been looking for & what you need today.

Healthy hes the definition of a 1st rd player. Comes in know exactly what you're getting w some upside.

Me personally I'd take a shot in the 2nd but again I just dont see it.

Btw I think you were really high on Jimmy G? That def counts for something when some, a lot thought he was an awful pick.

Who let Xavier Rhodes play in a collegiate game? o_O

Always like the way he moves & the comp kinda jumped out after you said something. Maybe i was looking for it but it makes sense. Big fan?

Always like the way he moves & the comp kinda jumped out after you said something. Maybe i was looking for it but it makes sense. Big fan?

He's not quite at the same level as Rhodes imo. Needs some seasoning, particularly in off coverage. I see him as an ideal J. McCourty replacement after next year (hope both McCourty twins are back for at least another season). He can also man up TEs, which is always attractive. My suspicion is that after the Combine, he's going to receive a considerable amount of first round buzz. He's so fluid for a guy his size; that's a rare and valuable trait in a big CB.

He's not quite at the same level as Rhodes imo. Needs some seasoning, particularly in off coverage. I see him as an ideal J. McCourty replacement after next year (hope both McCourty twins are back for at least another season). He can also man up TEs, which is always attractive. My suspicion is that after the Combine, he's going to receive a considerable amount of first round buzz. He's so fluid for a guy his size; that's a rare and valuable trait in a big CB.
No def not but it really made sense once i hearx the name. Maybe a peak comp could XR

I know its not a high need at the moment, but could we see the Pats taking a flyer on Bryce Love if his medicals check out? He's 1st round talent but has had an injures that have put him down..

I've also watched tape on Jalen Jelks today, very interesting prospect. Would need to add weight, but he's a guy i'd love to see what BB would do with him.

Dre'mont Jones - Another interesting guy. Comes From Ohio State so we might have more intel on him, and what he could do for our scheme.

LJ Collier - Not 100% sure what to make of him, but he looks like he has a solid foundation to work from.

Hakeem Butler - He's another interesting prospect, has good size, runs routes well. My worry is sometimes he catches with his body rather than hands. Not sure about his speed though, will be important i feel on where he will be drafted.

Hello

I'm not spending using our 1st 4-5 picks but somewhere we should add another dynamic RB. Anderson if things sound good could be that guy. Again though I'd love another versatile RB to complement our current group.

I would definitely spend one of our top 4-5 picks on Montgomery. Imagine him & Sony once Michel starts contributing in the passing game.

Twitched up but vn hand placement. Pretty common w him. Always working towards better leverage.

DJ has him as a top 50 guy

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back