PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

B.G.C. 2019 NFL Draft/Patriot-Type Players Thread

Ive been looking at tight ends a lot as of late. I agree with hockenson. He looks like hes a jack of all trades master of none when it comes to his position, which i really like when it comes to fit in our offense. With a player like that it puts a little more pressure on opposing defenses because he can run a route or block, which i think pushes Dwayne allen out because everyone knew he wasnt running a route when he came on.

As for irv smith... I havent had a binkie for a player as much as i did for evan engram a few years back and smith is getting pretty close. Hes a threat in all parts of his game. He has so much of what i loved about hernandez game in that he was able to make the first defender miss amd pick up extra yards. I think hes gonna be a stud.

Im still working on Fant now.
I loved Engram as well & think Smith might be a lil more complete, if you will. He's an explosive prospect. He'll be a big problem for DC's bc you can literally line him up anywhere. Backfield, slot, inline. Really intriguing prospect.

Love the Jackson comp on JJAW. I think he has enough speed too fwiw. Really like him.

Riley Ridley is slowly making his way up on my WR board. Strong hands, good RR

Riley Ridley is slowly making his way up on my WR board. Strong hands, good RR

I am warming up to the idea of Ridley at #31 or #32.

I was thinking more second or using are early third. I just don’t always like taking receivers in the first unless it’s a Julio, Moss, OBJ, Calvin etc!

I was thinking more second or using are early third. I just don’t always like taking receivers in the first unless it’s a Julio, Moss, OBJ, Calvin etc!
I think Bill has changed his way of thinking a bit after seeing what explosive playmakers do in the league. Right now I'm leaning towards TE or WR with our first pick.

I think Bill has changed his way of thinking a bit after seeing what explosive playmakers do in the league. Right now I'm leaning towards TE or WR with our first pick.

TE I am more than happy to take in the first as I think there’s a higher quality of guy over a receiver.

I’d like us to find a burner on the outside. But I’d rather us build the D a bit more and then go for weapons

I like Ridley but really like Hardman as well. He's so explosive. Stops/starts & accelerates like he has jets on. Could be a big time playmaker.

Hey Guys,

Not sure if this would be any use to you all, but i created a playlist of breakdowns from certain guys. So far i've done DL and WR.

If anyone wants a link, let me know.

This years draft is huge for us, having 6 draft picks in the top 100 with the amount of talent that’s in this years draft is remarkably good.

Our defence recently has actually been better than I thought and I think we’re only a few pieces away from being very good.

Offensively we need WRs and TEs, but apart from that I think we’re sorted, maybe a power back as well?!

Riley Ridley
Darious slayton - Vertical Guy.
Noah Fant
Irv Smith Jr
TJ Hockenson

Not sure what you all think but really excited for this team and the future

This years draft is huge for us, having 6 draft picks in the top 100 with the amount of talent that’s in this years draft is remarkably good.

Our defence recently has actually been better than I thought and I think we’re only a few pieces away from being very good.

Offensively we need WRs and TEs, but apart from that I think we’re sorted, maybe a power back as well?!

Riley Ridley
Darious slayton - Vertical Guy.
Noah Fant
Irv Smith Jr
TJ Hockenson

Not sure what you all think but really excited for this team and the future

Sternburger is the only tight end we need.

Deebo is our e of two wide receivers that we need.

Great news for DK! Wouldn't mind him falling & landing here somehow.

I will be interested to see his 40 Time... he seems special, glad his medical checked out. Would of hated it, if there was an issue with him.

Thoughts on Jalen Jelks?

Here is a breakdown of catches for WR Terry McLaurin.

Contextualization Of Career Explosive Play & TD Receptions Of Ohio State WR Terry McLaurin - Steelers Depot

I'm really interested in him along, with Deebo, for their route-running and ability to contribute to our special teams.

Those two, along with WRs Doss and UGA's Ridley, would offer versatility to our receivers' group with greater value potential by, hopefully, using less draft capital.

Deebo and mcluarin are the perfect replacements for Amendola and cooks.

@BaconGrundleCandy Thoughts on AJ
Brown?

This WR class may not have a Julio, Calvin type Guy, but I think there’s going to be a lot of value in this years draft personally

@BaconGrundleCandy Thoughts on AJ
Brown?

This WR class may not have a Julio, Calvin type Guy, but I think there’s going to be a lot of value in this years draft personally

The wide receiver from Stanford looks like a guy that can run option routes in our offense. I would not be surprised if bb scoops him up.

Talked abt Hanks in here if anyone is interested. Added some lbs this year but still looks like a very smooth player. Guy puts on a ton of work in the film room & practice. Has his nose in everyones business on the D. He'll probably run sub 4.6, 4.5, maybe. Would love to hear him behind the scenes to really see whats upstairs but theres an awful lot to like.

Thoughts on Jalen Jelks?
Idk, he'll be a tough eval for most teams I suspect? Honestly looked like the same player in a lot of ways that he was last year but I also know playing at 245-250 hurt him in terms of how Oregon was using him most of the time. I suppose like Dex Lawrence, Simmons & others each team will see something a lil different that'll eventually place him.

He has to add weight imho though. As strong & twitchy as he is I cant see him making an impact under 260. Looked good this week but tbh i dont put much value in this game. More the info that comes out & even thats suspect. I remember a ton of guys +/- inches & lbs at the combine.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back