PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

B.G.C. 2019 NFL Draft/Patriot-Type Players Thread

I love Dortch. Penny's my guy, but he doesn't have Dortch's top-end speed.
I love the way Dortch moves. He's electric. Keesean Johnson, Tyler Johnson, Tyre Mccants, Deondre Douglas are a few a like as well

Really like both these prospects & have talked about each somewhere in here.

@BaconGrundleCandy whats your thoughts on JJ Arcega-Whiteside? Has good size and speed I think personally.

Another thing is I’ve seen that deionte Thompson is projected from 1st round to 3rd round? Do you think his game against Clemson has hurt his draft stock?

@BaconGrundleCandy whats your thoughts on JJ Arcega-Whiteside? Has good size and speed I think personally.

Another thing is I’ve seen that deionte Thompson is projected from 1st round to 3rd round? Do you think his game against Clemson has hurt his draft stock?
I love JJAW. Feel really good about him. Vg off the line. Nice footwork, patience & strength along the los. Shows the same in route. Vg hands. Pleny of speed. Big time blocker. Idk I mean what else is there? He's great at everything in terms of high pointing the ball. Vert, body control & awareness but he'll just out muscle you too. Power forward w some finesse. If I'm a GM looking to add to my wr Corp for Rosen, Baker, Darnold, Jackson etc JJAW is absolutely at the top of the convo. He brings so much to the table.

As for DT, just not as down as some seem to be. Idk maybe I'm off here but he's had a few bad stretches in a few games. I can't knock him that much. This is why testing matters. Whether people want to admit it or not it weeds out the prospects that can play, produce but also have the athletic ability that you have to have.

I love JJAW. Feel really good about him. Vg off the line. Nice footwork, patience & strength along the los. Shows the same in route. Vg hands. Pleny of speed. Big time blocker. Idk I mean what else is there? He's great at everything in terms of high pointing the ball. Vert, body control & awareness but he'll just out muscle you too. Power forward w some finesse. If I'm a GM looking to add to my wr Corp for Rosen, Baker, Darnold, Jackson etc JJAW is absolutely at the top of the convo. He brings so much to the table.

As for DT, just not as down as some seem to be. Idk maybe I'm off here but he's had a few bad stretches in a few games. I can't knock him that much. This is why testing matters. Whether people want to admit it or not it weeds out the prospects that can play, produce but also have the athletic ability that you have to have.

Would you feel comfortable in taking JJAW with one of our top 3 picks? As I can’t see him falling past the 2nd round.

I like his game a lot which is strange as I normally struggle with WRs mainly due to our system, but coming from Stanford he must have a brain cell or two!

DT is interesting just for what you said, I think testing will be hugely important for him.

I think WRs this year we are looking at late first talent all the way to third round. There’s no real stand out this year due to injuries

Would you feel comfortable in taking JJAW with one of our top 3 picks? As I can’t see him falling past the 2nd round.

I like his game a lot which is strange as I normally struggle with WRs mainly due to our system, but coming from Stanford he must have a brain cell or two!

DT is interesting just for what you said, I think testing will be hugely important for him.

I think WRs this year we are looking at late first talent all the way to third round. There’s no real stand out this year due to injuries
I wouldn't go 1 but I'd love to move around & get him in the 2nd.

And in terms of testing it's just important. There aren't many slow DB'S that can't transition. Or you won't see a double digit sack guy that can't burst & bend. Testing definitely helps separate the prospects w the film as well.

Another guy that looks like an athletic freak is Oshane Ximines

Another guy that looks like an athletic freak is Oshane Ximines
Yea I haven't watched him yet tbh but seen enough to get a feel. Motor, good hands, good production. really curious to see his 3C. Smooth lil lateral step here.

Made the mistake of looking at a few mocks & seen his name top 32. Teams are interested if that's the case.

Yea I haven't watched him yet tbh but seen enough to get a feel. Motor, good hands, good production. really curious to see his 3C. Smooth lil lateral step here.

Made the mistake of looking at a few mocks & seen his name top 32. Teams are interested if that's the case.

I'll be honest, I don't see it. Watch the entire game against Marshall (from the first clip) and he flashes against the pass, but I was unimpressed against the run. Think he's smaller than listed and will really struggle to disengage against better OTs.

I'll be honest, I don't see it. Watch the entire game against Marshall (from the first clip) and he flashes against the pass, but I was unimpressed against the run. Think he's smaller than listed and will really struggle to disengage against better OTs.

I think the combine will be huge for him, he may be one of these guys like Obi Has an unbelievable combine and sky rockets. He’s an interesting prospect to say the least. Surprised he’s that high on some draft boards already. I had him around late 2-4 rounds.

Trying to sort my LB draft out this year. Will be happening within the next two weeks. Will go over OLB and ILB.

He's definitely on the smaller side. No ass or legs at all.

Can't wait to see how the rankings shape up the closer we get.

TE depth in this years draft is very strong. Not sure what my TE groupings are going to be.

Fant/Hockenson/Irv Smith - Definitely top 3 in this years draft.

Fant - Unbelievable athletic ability. Needs to improve his blocking but that will come.

Hockenson - Doesn’t stand out but does everything at a very good level

Irv Smith - TBC - reviewing tape

TE depth in this years draft is very strong. Not sure what my TE groupings are going to be.

Fant/Hockenson/Irv Smith - Definitely top 3 in this years draft.

Fant - Unbelievable athletic ability. Needs to improve his blocking but that will come.

Hockenson - Doesn’t stand out but does everything at a very good level

Irv Smith - TBC - reviewing tape

Ive been looking at tight ends a lot as of late. I agree with hockenson. He looks like hes a jack of all trades master of none when it comes to his position, which i really like when it comes to fit in our offense. With a player like that it puts a little more pressure on opposing defenses because he can run a route or block, which i think pushes Dwayne allen out because everyone knew he wasnt running a route when he came on.

As for irv smith... I havent had a binkie for a player as much as i did for evan engram a few years back and smith is getting pretty close. Hes a threat in all parts of his game. He has so much of what i loved about hernandez game in that he was able to make the first defender miss amd pick up extra yards. I think hes gonna be a stud.

Im still working on Fant now.

I like arcega-whitesides physicality. Hes able to outmuscle a defender if need be and its not even close. The one thing im still trying to figure out is whether his speed will hold up at the next level. But im still watching tape om him as well so maybe my opinion will chamge with more tape. He kind of reminds me a little bit of Vincent Jackson.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back