PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Attending first Pats game, looking for advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fair comparison, she's about 20 years older than Conway.

I actually have another close match but I don't know her name.

Edit: I found her. Her name is Martha Raddatz. I'll spare everyone from a picture. Once again though, she doesn't have those scary-beautiful lashes that @fnordcircle likes so much.

Last edited:
Thanks for this. This is awesome. My plan so far is.

1. Drop off the kids at school (9am)
2. Leave Philly (10am)
3. Lunch in NY
4. Get to foxboro before rush hour (4.30pm?)
5. Hang around Patriots Place before the game. Maybe get to meet some forum members.

Not sure if I should stay overnight at a hotel or drive straight back to philly. Do you recommend the hotels at Patriots Place?

Thanks!

Not sure you have time to accomplish 3 and 4 in the timeframe you've laid out. It's easily 2.5 hours from Fairfield County, CT up to Foxboro without traffic. There will be heavy traffic around Foxboro, and you can never count out traffic everywhere in- between NY & MA.

I usually stay in a Hotel near by when i'm Foxboro but just wondering, if my Hotel is like 3 miles from Gillette and i took Uber, is there a place to drop off & pick up and would they jack up price?
I've done this. I was dropped off near the Dunkin's South of Gillette on Rte 1. (Address: 263 Main St, Foxborough). I planned this out with my wife who's local to the area. If you're planning on doing this with Uber, make sure you know the route exactly - you don't want to use Rt. 1 at all and don't want to get cute trying to get close - road closures galore in the area.

I've done this. I was dropped off near the Dunkin's South of Gillette on Rte 1. (Address: 263 Main St, Foxborough). I planned this out with my wife who's local to the area. If you're planning on doing this with Uber, make sure you know the route exactly - you don't want to use Rt. 1 at all and don't want to get cute trying to get close - road closures galore in the area.

Thanx, appreciate it.
Yes I KNOW all about RT1 since 70's and I live in NY! lol I know that DD. I pretty much have a couple of ways I go using back roads to try to avoid using RT1 as far as I can. Last Thursday Nite Game I went to was a couple of years ago vs Jets it was a massive down pour of rain throughout. Hopefully my hook up comes through with tickets for Banner Nite which I'm sure will be insane.

Not sure you have time to accomplish 3 and 4 in the timeframe you've laid out. It's easily 2.5 hours from Fairfield County, CT up to Foxboro without traffic. There will be heavy traffic around Foxboro, and you can never count out traffic everywhere in- between NY & MA.
Good point. Traffic in/around Foxboro will start getting heavy about five hours before kickoff, as cars queue up to enter the lots for tailgating as soon as they open (four hours before kickoff). Regular rush hour begins around 4 p.m. which, being a weeknight, will make things that much worse.

Thanx, appreciate it.
Yes I KNOW all about RT1 since 70's and I live in NY! lol I know that DD. I pretty much have a couple of ways I go using back roads to try to avoid using RT1 as far as I can. Last Thursday Nite Game I went to was a couple of years ago vs Jets it was a massive down pour of rain throughout. Hopefully my hook up comes through with tickets for Banner Nite which I'm sure will be insane.

My buddy whose family has had season tickets since the old stadium opened parks about a mile away near the Lafayette House. If you are coming from the West it's the way to go, IMO. To get there, take Exit 36 off 495 South (King St) and take a left on King St. Take a right onto Rt. 140. Take a left onto 1A. Take a right onto 115. Left on Pine St. Voila.

Thanks for the heads up.

My buddy whose family has had season tickets since the old stadium opened parks about a mile away near the Lafayette House. If you are coming from the West it's the way to go, IMO. To get there, take Exit 36 off 495 South (King St) and take a left on King St. Take a right onto Rt. 140. Take a left onto 1A. Take a right onto 115. Left on Pine St. Voila.

I Appreciate that. I'll look into this as well.
Years ago I used to park in a car dealership on RT1 and we'd walk like a mile or so into Sullivan/Schaefer/Foxboro Stadiums even then it was Madness.

I Appreciate that. I'll look into this as well.
Years ago I used to park in a car dealership on RT1 and we'd walk like a mile or so into Sullivan/Schaefer/Foxboro Stadiums even then it was Madness.

This is a little bit longer walk than that, but you won't have to drive on Route 1 either coming or going. Good times.

We like Beneventos on Salem Street (small, dark hole-in-the-wall but good food, large portions and reasonable prices for the North End). It also has pizza, a must for one of my kids (and not found at many North End restaurants, surprisingly). L'Osteria across the street from Beneventos is good too, is bigger and never seems crowded (but no pizza!). And of course, you cannot go wrong if you are a pizza lover with the original Pizzeria Regina on Thacher Street (but don't go there if you don't like pizza, as that is all they serve). Go at offbeat times to avoid the line. Antico Forno on Salem Street is hit-or-miss for me. Sometimes good, sometimes eh, but it has the ability to seat a large party (also not that common in the North End!). We tend to stick to Salem Street as our forays into the North End usually include a Bruins game and Salem Street is closest to TD Garden. Love the North End for just strolling around!

Honestly I really like Neptune Oyster and Mare (if you are a seafood person.) Bricco is really good but they aren't open for lunch. Considering you said North End I'm assuming you are leaning towards Italian? If so, hit up Toscano on Charles St and at some point, get down to Coppa on Shawmut. Those two are my go-to for Italian in the city. Quick uber ride from wherever you are :)

Thanks again for the recommendations. I actually wrote them down so I wouldn't forget them.

How about this for a coincidence? When I went to Artu on Friday I was told by the bartender that when I left there on Wednesday I missed 'some new Patriots player.' She then showed me a picture of her and Stephon Gilmore with big smiles on their faces.

Apparently Stephon and his friend didn't know that the parking lot they were in closes and they got locked out. They had to get a ride so he wouldn't be late for a meeting later that morning. I hope it wasn't a meeting with Belichick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back