PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

At this point who would you rather have back from IR fully healthy?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

At this point who would you rather have back from IR fully healthy?

• Dion Lewis - Dynamic playmaker extraordinaire

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Nate Solder - Helps solidify the wet toilet paper offensive line

Votes: 36 38.7%
  • Dominique Easley - Helps with the defensive line

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aaron Dobson - I STILL BELIEVE!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

InRodWeRust

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Who and why?

Dion, no question. He made the offense incredibly dangerous and unpredictable.

Solder is a good LT and our o-line is in shambles currently, but Dion was a game-breaker.

Dion lewis, not even close. Our offense looked unstoppable when he was in the lineup.

I'm no big Solder fan. But he would definitely fix up the OL a lot, and allow players to stay at one position and not move around all the time. But I would choose Lewis. Because even with Solder we struggled to run last year, and this year, against good defenses with a regular RB. So that wouldn't improve much, even with Solder. Our most successful running game has come because Lewis could find a crease and do something with it, and I think that he could do the same with this OL. And right now I don't think our biggest problem is Brady getting pressured. I think it is that we only have one (non-QB) playmaker on this offense right now, and that is Gronk, which teams can now double, bracket, tripple cover, and really do what they like with as no one else can make a play. Having Lewis would make it harder to focus that much on Gronk. Plus Lewis can create a play where there really isn't one.

But if we had Edelman and Amendola healthy. And a LaFell that's playing like last year, then I think I might choose Solder. But right now I see our lack of offensive weapons as the big problem.

Last edited:
Very close between Lewis and Solder.

I picked Solder because I'm not sure Vollmer will be 100%. Also, Waddle looks banged up. Keeping Tom clean is imperative. But with our quick passing game all in tact (Edelmen, Amendola, Lewis) a great O-line may not be imperative for that to happen. That's why I view it as close. Having said that, I just can't pick a very good RB over a very good LT. Solder and Vollmer taking care of the edges makes me so comfy cozy. :)

The teams that kill us in the playoffs are the ones who get to Brady. I'll take Solder.

Who and why?

One of the better thread ideas I have seen in a while. I chose Lewis because he adds a playmaking dimension that would cause huge problems for defenses. It would force defenses to cover the width of the field within the first 10 yards of the LOS and open everything up for Gronk, Edelman, and Amendola. Can't wait to see next season's team, they will be scary good on both sides of the ball.

Tough choice between Solder and Easley. Solder would bring stability to our OL and that would make our entire offense better. Easley's ability to generate pressure takes our defense from "pretty damn good" to "oh my god this defense is fun to watch!" but I'll go with Solder.

In terms of razzle-dazzle you could say Lewis but even he alone isn't going to do much behind our current OL.

I think it's actually a hard question.

Since Lewis went out they've broken 30 points once and that was b/c of a defensive TD. He was a great outlet for Tom and a very good running threat. However missing Gronk, Jules, DA and other oline issues have also contributed to the drop in scoring.

I believe with a healthy o-line and all the other players on offense IMO they still put up 30+ game w/o Lewis. With that said I'm not sure Solder gets them 30+ ppg either.

I am concerned about the loss of Easley as he generated a QB hurry once every 8 passing downs. Thats huge.

I guess under the circumstances I'd pick Lewis and Easley second. Solder 3rd.

Solder. Rather have Brady be protected. White hasn't played bad and while Dion would be awesome, I think we can win SB without him so long as Brady is protected.

Tough choice between Solder and Easley. Solder would bring stability to our OL and that would make our entire offense better. Easley's ability to generate pressure takes our defense from "pretty damn good" to "oh my god this defense is fun to watch!" but I'll go with Solder.

In terms of razzle-dazzle you could say Lewis but even he alone isn't going to do much behind our current OL.

I agree about Solder and Easley over Lewis. Brady getting comfortable behind a huge line would be a big help. Having interior pressures on QBs would be huge too, and though Dion is a huge upgrade catching passes, the man is still Brady. Give him time, and he'll make do with James White. In other words, Brady + extra time + James White is more lethal than Brady + Lewis - time in pocket.

I know he's not an option and wouldn't be first choice, but an underrated loss IMO has been james develin. I think he helped our running game a lot last season

Although having Solder back would really strengthen our O line, especially our left and right tackle, I would lean toward Lewis as he is so dynamic and such a play maker. With him, Edleman, Gronk, Amendola, LaFell and Martin, we would really have some great options for Tom to throw the ball to.

Solder because I watch football and not just highlights and realize that if Brady doesn't have time to throw or the OL isn't opening up holes then even Dion Lewis isn't gonna get us anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes