PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asante Samuel believes he's 1st Ballot HOF material.

Set his bar a little too high. He’ll be lucky to make the Pats HOF on the first try never mind the hall of fame at all.

Somebody tell Asante to catch that damn ball in Super Bowl 42! :mad::(
Funny to think, if Samuel had caught that ball, we'd probably be agreeing that he should be a first ballot HOF.

Watching this again, that's not a "drop." It is a "damn, that would have been a heck of a catch" kind of thing.

Funny to think, if Samuel had caught that ball, we'd probably be agreeing that he should be a first ballot HOF.

Not sure about that one, but he’d have a saved seat in the Pats HOF, no doubt.

Watching this again, that's not a "drop." It is a "damn, that would have been a heck of a catch" kind of thing.

No, it's a 'if he hadn't been trying to be a glory hog and go for the interception and instead just knocked the ball down or away they'd have gone 19.0'.

No, it's a 'if he hadn't been trying to be a glory hog and go for the interception and instead just knocked the ball down or away they'd have gone 19.0'.
What are you talking about? Even if he didn’t touch that ball at all it was going OOB for an incompletion. His trying for the INT didn’t affect anything and trying for it was absolutely the right thing to do.

His big screwup was letting Tyree go free when Eli started scrambling instead of staying with his man.

Speaking of screwups, I will always wonder why Rodney didn’t try to rip Tyree’s hand off it. Rodney starts with his hand on the ball but then slides it down to Tyree’s shoulder.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? Even it didn’t touch that ball at all it was going OOB for an incompletion. His trying for the INT didn’t affect anything and trying for it was absolutely the right thing to do.

His big screwup was letting Tyree go free when Eli started scrambling instead of staying with his man.

Speaking of screwups, I will always wonder why Rodney didn’t try to rip Tyree’s hand off it. Rodney starts with his hand in the ball but then slides it down to Tyree’s shoulder.

All Rodney had to do was pull Tyree's arm down and the ball drops. That's what I don't understand.

As for Samuel's INT, at the time I was watching there was a slight reflection on the TV screen and I leaped up off of the chair thinking he had caught it. I was immediately corrected by one of my friends sitting near me.

UGH!

It just all happens so fast in real time. I'm sure he's had the same thought a hundred times. Hopefully he's moved passed it faster/better than we have!

What are you talking about? Even it didn’t touch that ball at all it was going OOB for an incompletion. His trying for the INT didn’t affect anything and trying for it was absolutely the right thing to do.

Speaking of screwups, I will always wonder why Rodney didn’t try to rip Tyree’s hand off it. Rodney starts with his hand in the ball but then slides it down to Tyree’s shoulder.

All Rodney had to do was pull Tyree's arm down and the ball drops. That's what I don't understand.

As for Samuel's INT, at the time I was watching there was a slight reflection on the TV screen and I leaped up off of the chair thinking he had caught it. I was immediately corrected by one of my friends sitting near me.

UGH!

Not a first ballot guy but he is comparable in a lot of categories numbers-wise to Champ Bailey, who will be a first ballot guy.

Champ INT: 52, TD: 4, FF: 7, TKL: 812, Rings: 0
Asante INT: 51, TD: 6, FF: 7, TKL: 393, Rings: 2

Set his bar a little too high. He’ll be lucky to make the Pats HOF on the first try never mind the hall of fame at all.
He won’t make the patriots hall of fame period.

It just all happens so fast in real time. I'm sure he's had the same thought a hundred times. Hopefully he's moved passed it faster/better than we have!

I moved past it fairly quickly. Certainly better than a man I ran into at a club I belonged to at the time. It was two or three weeks later and I was sitting at the bar and I started to talk to the bartender about the game. All of a sudden the asshat sitting near me blurted out that "we don't talk about that here." I asked him if he was 12 years old.

One thing I've learned in my life as I got older is that there are many things far worse (and better) than a team I root for losing a game.

AS thinks hes a first ballet HOF.........

ForkedForkedAmbushbug-small.gif

UGH!
Rodney has said that he thought Tyree already dropped the ball.

I moved past it fairly quickly. Certainly better than a man I ran into at a club I belonged to at the time. It was two or three weeks later and I was sitting at the bar and I started to talk to the bartender about the game. All of a sudden the asshat sitting near me blurted out that "we don't talk about that here." I asked him if he was 12 years old.

One thing I've learned in my life as I got older is that there are many things far worse (and better) than a team I root for losing a game.
I agree. Watching my team win does not make my life any better. There’s far more important things to worry about than whether you team wins.

To me Samuel is not a HOFer. Law is a HOFer. That is the level of play a CB needs to have to be in the convo. Samuel is in the hall of very good.

Now do i mind that Samuel is talking himself up? Not really. A lot of ex players and particular CB think they were better than they were. If he didn't have this kind of mind set he wouldn't have been as good as he was in all likelihood. I don't think you can fault him for it.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back