PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As Time Goes by...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another season is in the books and the end was not satisfying. :( Some will move on to baseball, basketball, or hockey. Some will study up for the draft. Before you know it summer will be here and of course summer flies by and the Patriots will take the field again. Each of us will be several months older. Do not wish your life away - even for the Patriots. Winning a championship is not a birthright. Be thankful for all of the joy that they have already provided.

Thank you @Ian and @ashley1992 and @Ross12 and the whole crew.
Brady and Belichick already claimed my 30s and 40s so..

<<< GASP!!!>>>

I don't get paid for being a fan.....this sucks.

"Well said," to the OP.

Every offseason, there are unexpected departures and arrivals in Foxboro. Sometimes, they are heralded and recognized from the very beginning, as with Randy Moss. Other times, they are relatively unnoticed until even the last two minutes of the final game of the season, as with Malcolm Butler.

But, this year, especially if Gronk retires and Butler moves on, one can get the feeling that things are changing in a major way with the departures of Josh and Matt, Coordinators spanning three SB's since 2012, and, that, while it is certainly not yet the "end of an era," it is probably the "beginning of the end" of an era.

We should rejoice in every moment we've had and savor every moment that remains.

Last edited:
I look at as “it’s not as bad as 07”. That’s how I rationize big losses now.

Another season is in the books and the end was not satisfying. :( Some will move on to baseball, basketball, or hockey. Some will study up for the draft. Before you know it summer will be here and of course summer flies by and the Patriots will take the field again. Each of us will be several months older. Do not wish your life away - even for the Patriots. Winning a championship is not a birthright. Be thankful for all of the joy that they have already provided.

I took this loss better than I could have imagined. I'm peeved at the things that cost us but ultimately the Eagles were the better team. I have to tip my cap to them. They didn't luck out, they deserved it. I am going to disengage from football for several months but compared to some other losses? It won't be as difficult to move on from.

Sports doesn’t exist again until kickoff 2018. Will pay attention to free agency and the draft but that’s about it until preseason. Plenty of Sundays now to play Witcher 3!

Well a week has passed. It is Sunday and there will not be any football games for several months. I advise everyone to stretch their backs and take a nap.

Well a week has passed. It is Sunday and there will not be any football games for several months. I advise everyone to stretch their backs and take a nap.
Great plan! Wake me in September.

Well let's see . Celtics and Bruins are playing well .

Sox will be reporting to ST soon . It's not that bad . Hell , we even have the Olympics for a couple of weeks .

Well said. A big reason why we are hated is due to our entitlement, which is why i just enjoy the ride and hope they can get to a super bowl, because how much all needs to go right.

Great run by a hardworking group that sustained one too many key injuries along the way, where their effort was not quite enough. If the pattern holds in an even season, we will be healthier next year.

Now onto the mindblowing bruins and their rookies, save for last night’s ragged effort.

The first sunday without the NFL on feels so......blah.

Yeah. Gotta wait for the Sox games.

There's more than enough to find engaging with the winter teams before I let the Sox ruin my summer. C's are having an entertaining season and the Bruins have been an absolute blast. That team has legs like I can't remember them having in a long time, they cycle well and rotate with discipline. They may have been a bit off last night but Claude's 'we're going to win a 0-0 game' B's are long gone. Coaching players to their strengths instead of hammering square pegs into round holes, imagine that.

There's more than enough to find engaging with the winter teams before I let the Sox ruin my summer. C's are having an entertaining season and the Bruins have been an absolute blast. That team has legs like I can't remember them having in a long time, they cycle well and rotate with discipline. They may have been a bit off last night but Claude's 'we're going to win a 0-0 game' B's are long gone. Coaching players to their strengths instead of hammering square pegs into round holes, imagine that.

Yeah I need to get in to the Celtics again. Can anyone tell me why that lady with huge boobs used to run out on the court all the time?
The anouncer would always say: it’s another disgusting display

Game was winnable....for me, I knew it was going to be tough when we squandered all those scoring opportunities in the first half coming away with only 12 measley points. After that, Brady & McD were unstoppable, but for a couple of 4th quarter pressures on the last drive (forced a quick throw th Hogan along the sideline and of course the strip sack).

The defense was off, all game. I do not understand how Marquise Flowers was being used, I don’t get all the uncharacteristic missed tackles and mis-reads pretty much all game, and the coaching was not up to there normal levels at all, not even close,MTO pretty much go “big nickel”all day just sucked, it’s just not how they played all year, period. Even with all of that suckass “D” they were one stop away from only needing a field goal at the end to win the thing.....argggghhhh.

Meanwhile, things are VERY bright going into 2018. We have Brady, BB, McD, injured starters returning (Hightower, Cannon, Jules). With a few player cuts, LTBE’s, restructures and salary cuts, the 13mm available space can easily go to 30mm or more. That will be enough to bring in some talented free agents to go along with having three draft picks out of the top 63 players available.

More rings are coming to Foxborough, there is NO doubt in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back