PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As Time Goes by...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This season kinda adds some sting to that sb loss. My main method of coping with that loss is wed still have 2-3 solid runs left. Now its looking that was possibly our last really good chance at #6 :( and they wasted it

As time goes by...

...this era will be looked-upon as one of Multiple Missed Opportunities more than the one of only 5 rings for the GOAT.

As time goes by...

...this era will be looked-upon as one of Multiple Missed Opportunities more than the one of only 5 rings for the GOAT.

I think in ten years, brady will be in the hall of fame and we will look back with nostalgia tinged with that “almost” feeling

Brady could also easily have only 1 ring...
Mazz is that you? Bulshirt. Close games don't mean you could easily lose them. He was stone cold clutch and willed the team to win in most of those. You'd think you'd have learned that having watched it so many times. As an aside those who said this quarterback or that quarterback would have one as many or more if, if, if.....well they didn't because most of the time they weren't good enough to get there to even try it.

Mazz is that you? Bulshirt. Close games don't mean you could easily lose them. He was stone cold clutch and willed the team to win in most of those. You'd think you'd have learned that having watched it so many times. As an aside those who said this quarterback or that quarterback would have one as many or more if, if, if.....well they didn't because most of the time they weren't good enough to get there to even try it.

Just shows you that the shoulda coulda game works both ways. In this case it certainly does. It is true that Brady could have 8 rings right now. It’s also true that he could have a lot less than 5 and history would be looking at him very differently.

Just shows you that the shoulda coulda game works both ways. In this case it certainly does. It is true that Brady could have 8 rings right now. It’s also true that he could have a lot less than 5 and history would be looking at him very differently.
I disagree in this way. All we have is what is. The problem with the "woulda, shoulda, coulda" exercises is that people start looking at him as if any if those scenarios actually happened. He gets propped up too much or diminished by nothing more than "ifs". Brady is the GOAT who has 8 Superbowl appearances and 5 rings. That's what happened. That's what is.

I disagree in this way. All we have is what is. The problem with the "woulda, shoulda, coulda" exercises is that people start looking at him as if any if those scenarios actually happened. He gets propped up too much or diminished by nothing more than "ifs". Brady is the GOAT who has 8 Superbowl appearances and 5 rings. That's what happened. That's what is.

I agree with that. And it’s pointless to play the shoulda game one way when it’s just as valid to go the other way.

I think you missed that his comment was a response to a coulda shoulda woulda basically saying just what you are saying.

I don't think I ever visited this thread and I was reading the first post and thinking, this guy is hurting because it wasn't a dominant win...took me a second to check the date.

I appreciate every win and the losses don't sting anymore (after 2007). Being a Patriots fan is pretty much permanent Euphoria with BB/Brady at the helm.

Sammy, your original (now edited) post is still valid though. I hope you're on your 1st life and you have 8 long lives to go! And I hope that no matter what trips you up, you always land on your feet.

Sammy, your original (now edited) post is still valid though. I hope you're on your 1st life and you have 8 long lives to go! And I hope that no matter what trips you up, you always land on your feet.

Right back at you and all Patsfans! ;)

This season kinda adds some sting to that sb loss. My main method of coping with that loss is wed still have 2-3 solid runs left. Now its looking that was possibly our last really good chance at #6 :( and they wasted it[/QUOTE]

Well.....not so fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye