PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Armond Armstead

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsull87

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
It has completely slipped my mind lately but what is happening with Armstead?

Is he injured? Sick?

I he just going to not be around at all this season. I know i was one of many pats fans who had high hopes for him.

Armstead

On Nfi so its like pup. Won't see him for a few more weeks if he is healed.

Does this mean in two weeks "Armstead will be a beast" is about to begin again? Or has this non football related infection rendered him a total bust? :D

If he does come back it will be a boost to the D-Line.

Give me, Nink-Armstead-Jones-Buchanan on 3rd and long.

Does this designation mean he can't train with the team?

I think he'd really provide a boost to the Dline depth.

Pretty sure Belichick is going to have a comprehensive review of his injury status in his next press conference.

He missed most of Training camp and all of pre-season.

I wonder if he'll be able to plug right into the lineup and play right away.

Armstead = hasn't played a down of NFL football, has never participated in an NFL training camp, coming off of what appears to be a serious illness.
To put it another way, Armstead = non factor.

I appreciate optimism but on this one it's pretty far removed from the probable reality. Yet maybe he can rejoin the team soon, begin learning his role/his craft, start contributing in some positive way before the end of the season.

I'll be excited for what Armstead can do when he's played a down of football, until then man, I have more interested in what Jake Bequette can do.

This guy had surgery for "an infection" 2 months ago and hasn't been seen since. This, after having a heart attack in college. At this point, my expectations are very low for this year and I would be pleasantly surprised if he can contribute next year.

This guy had surgery for "an infection" 2 months ago and hasn't been seen since. This, after having a heart attack in college. At this point, my expectations are very low for this year and I would be pleasantly surprised if he can contribute next year.
But it was easier for the team to leave him on pup than bring him in for camp. let him heal properly and see what we have in week 5 or 6. If nothing he goes on IR and gets another chance next camp.

But it was easier for the team to leave him on pup than bring him in for camp. let him heal properly and see what we have in week 5 or 6. If nothing he goes on IR and gets another chance next camp.

A friend of mine got a small cut on his leg that turned into a serious infection over just a couple days. He had to have surgery to open it, and had almost daily trips to the hospital to have the open wound washed out, while also having IV antibiotics. It took him almost 4 months to completely heal, including a small skin graft after they had finally closed the wound.

I'd be surprised if this wasn't a case of MRSA or something quite similar, considering how long it's been.

Armstead = hasn't played a down of NFL football, has never participated in an NFL training camp, coming off of what appears to be a serious illness.
To put it another way, Armstead = non factor.

I appreciate optimism but on this one it's pretty far removed from the probable reality. Yet maybe he can rejoin the team soon, begin learning his role/his craft, start contributing in some positive way before the end of the season.

Considering the lack of quality depth behind Vince and Kelly, as well as the fact that Armstead is equivalent to a second round pick, I'd say there is a pretty good chance that he contributes this year. NE was certainly counting on it.

The double whammy isn't confidence inducing, but those are different scenarios entirely.

he's in a similar situation to Cannon, to write him off wholesale is ridiculous

Small sample size, but I was loving what Buchanan was bringing on third downs last Thursday. I'd take that DL as well.

My sig approved this message :p

I'll be excited for what Armstead can do when he's played a down of football, until then man, I have more interested in what Jake Bequette can do.

In that case, Armstead has already outperformed Mr. Invisible.

Last edited:
Small sample size, but I was loving what Buchanan was bringing on third downs last Thursday. I'd take that DL as well.

Yeah, that was a nice wrinkle.

A little bird told me his status is day to day. ;)

And to count on him having a serious impact this year is equally ridiculous.

He has zero reps in the NFL. He has zero practice sessions in the NFL.

People want to consider him the equivalent of a 2nd or 3rd rounder, as was Cannon (or Buchanan or Dennard or anyone else we so designate). The reality is that he was not a 2nd or 4rd rounder. More importantly, even if he were, I would not expect someone with no NFL experience and no offseason and no practice for a half season to have a major impact in his first year.

Armstead in a good prospect, a fine acquisition. He may be of some use this year, or not.

he's in a similar situation to Cannon, to write him off wholesale is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore