Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

You vs. Bill

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i voted just for the pure amusement of the poll...and yes i voted for the last option cause i don't think hoodie was being funny! think someone ticked him off.

You have to remember, some folks here have been all Vaseline and Madden since the Ravens game. Tack on a falling sky and the hysterics get out of control REAL quick. It'll be ok again by... November.

i voted just for the pure amusement of the poll...and yes i voted for the last option cause i don't think hoodie was being funny! think someone ticked him off.

Yup. Ramon's post. I wonder if he will vote that he knows more about football than BB. He certainly implies that in the thread he started.

I'm definitely smarter than BB... at managing an NFL Madden roster. ;) But that doesn't mean my ideas would work out so well in real life application. BB has probably forgotten more about football Xs and Os than most of us even know. That doesn't mean that he's infallible though.

I'd really like him to hire some better assistants who have the backbone to 'stand up to him' and implement better gameplans. But it looks like we're getting more of the status quo in terms of assistant coaching in 2010. I HOPE that means that BB thinks his current assistants are evolving enough to put out the best competitive team in 2010. But I'm not sure if that's really the case and he just can't find the right people he wants to bring in.

Bottom line is that results speak louder than words. If the team goes to the Superbowl in 2010, we'll say what a genius he is. If it's one and done again, we'll be cursing his lack of changes in an area that even HE was quoted as saying was lacking in 2009. Since BB gets so much credit for this team's success, he's going to get a large share of the blame too when things don't go well. And I think that's fair, it's called accountability.

Hey, let's respond to a stupid title with a stupider thread!

Though I think that the linked thread is ridiculous, it's threads like this that actually make the forum almost pointless to post in. Saying that the team needs help (in both coaching and personnel) is not saying "I know more than BB". Some of you should really remember that. God forbid you actually acknowledge that BB made some coaching mistakes and that the depth drop-off this year was the worst it has been since Pete Carroll left town. Doing so nowadays, makes you a "chicken little" I guess.

I voted I am smarter than Belichick because I have successfully called after every move that failed actually failed, that it was the wrong move. I am the best 20/20 hindsight airmchair coach/GM in the world.

I dont know more about Football than BB, but my drafts for the Patriots would've been much better than Belichicks ever since the Maroney/Chad Jackson year.

Not to brag, but I've won the Super Bowl 47 times in the last five years in Madden.

Not to brag, but I've won the Super Bowl 47 times in the last five years in Madden.

That's bush league. I've won the Super Bowl 57 times... 23 of them have been undefeated seasons. :rolleyes:

Given your level of arrogance for even making such a ridiculous thread, putting yourself on ignore is probably in order.
I put myself on ignore, but that left me reading you with no counterpoint. :p

Last edited:
Of course know more about football than Belichick, why else would I be on an internet message board about the Patriots.

I voted I dont know much since all my knowlege is from a fan perspective and not coaching. If it were from a coaching, then I'd be in the league or college

Last edited:
I'm a modest guy, so I chose the option that said we know about the same...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes