PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Vikings brain dead?

not at all

Yes, at all. Your argument is a lousy one, and I'm putting that politely. Your analogy simply doesn't work.

And the word is moot, not mute.

Yes, at all. Your argument is a lousy one, and I'm putting that politely. Your analogy simply doesn't work.

And the word is moot, not mute.
Analogy is fine unless your trying to tell me short of murder cutting bait with a player for bad off field behavior is always a bad move.

Analogy is fine unless your trying to tell me short of murder cutting bait with a player for bad off field behavior is always a bad move.

For the last damned time, the analogy sucks. Now, if this were PRE-arrest, PRE-trial and PRE-NFL punishment, it would at least be a case of a 'right church, wrong pew' analogy. However, it's not even that.

Move on, already.

It is Peterson who is brain dead. He refuses to meet with MINN. If there were to be a meeting, MINN could allow Peterson to find a trade partner and offer, presumably with an agreement for a new contract.

If Peterson won't cooperate, then MINN should expect him to show up and play. If not, he should be fined and then suspended without pay.

Peterson wants MINN to cut him. That shouldn't happen. When he realizes that, he will cooperate, get traded and sign a new contract with another team. And yes, DAL seems likely.

For the last damned time, the analogy sucks. Now, if this were PRE-arrest, PRE-trial and PRE-NFL punishment, it would at least be a case of a 'right church, wrong pew' analogy. However, it's not even that.

Move on, already.
I am sorry I am not sure where pre-anything changes what he did. In fact if we were still pre you could argue due process.

Cut bait with child endangerer is stupid so apparently your threshold is higher you wait for murder.

According to Over the Cap, the Vikings are 13M under. They don't need money, they have plenty of space. Moreover, who are they going to sign that they desperately need salary cap?

Cutting Peterson simply because he is threatening not to play is dumb. It creates precedent for good players to do as they please against the Vikings' FO. They are actually right in keeping AP (not counting, you know, the beating of a child)

Would a sensible NFL team go out tomorrow and sign a running back, any running back, to a $13 million cap hit for 2015?

There are several NFL teams that are not sensible

The Vikings hold all the cards here and are doing the right thing, they are waiting Peterson out. AP really has no options, he is a 30 year old RB under contract for 3 more years. At that age he can't afford to hold out because he doesn't have too long left in his career. Either a team will be willing to meet the Vikings trade demands and AP will restructure to get out of Minnesota or he will realize he doesn't have any other options, fall in line and play for the Vikings.

Although the Cowboys have been much more sensible this off season I think Jerry Jones is gonna have a hard time not trying to make a play for Peterson, and we know how much AP wants to play for the Cowboys. In the end I think the Vikings trade AP to Dallas where he restructures his contract to fit within the cap.

No one is trading for that salary.

Might as well cut him. Turn over a new leaf. Clean break.

Please post the names if teams willing to trade for a 13M dollar rb.

No one has to trade for a 13m RB if he is willing to rework his deal to facilitate a trade to that team.

Please supply us a list of all the great players that are currently available to be signed. While you're at it, perhaps you could also explain why a team that already has about $13m in cap room would need that additional $13m for those signings.

You could sign Jim Brown or OJ Simpson, though there are age and other issues.

They traded for Mike Wallace with a stupid contract, im not sure if they are worried about salary cap

if he wants to sit out they can just fine him and get back the money they paid him last year for doing noting and if he shuts up and plays they got a elite RB but cutting him just to make some other NFC team better would be crazy

I don't get it. They have a 30 year old running back with a $13 million salary and no dead money hit. Shouldn't they cut him so fast it would make your head spin? What brain dead team pays a running back $13 million a year and then listens to him whine day after day after day about not wanting to be there? Sheesh.....

He's just that good, he basically carried that team to the playoffs a couple years ago when he broke 2000 yards rushing. There may never be another talent at RB like AP again..

I also wonder if the way the league has devalued the position, if it will slowly have an affect on the talent that comes into the league because kids going into college would rather play other positions to make more money and have a longer career.

I think RB is like the shortest career expectancy of any positiom isn't it? Now to add to that, you have a league that devalues the position and just uses young guys in there like a gear in a machine.. just grind them to dust, then plug a new gear in.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back