PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Jets Tanking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafoe2016

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Certainly looks that way. I don't follow college sports. It makes me sick the way they exploit those kids. But that's a topic for another time. This is starting to remind me of the Suck for Luck tank job by the cheating Colts. But they didn't start in the offseason. This Jets team looks like it's angling for #1 pick and hoping a franchise QB comes out next year.

The Decker situation is a perfect example. By itself it makes sense. You are a team that is going nowhere, you don't want to overpay a guy on the wrong side of 30. But this team is going nowhere anyway. Why screw a guy who has been loyal to you for all this time? Does the owner really need to pocket that extra few million?

Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe they just want to save money with all these cuts. But this certainly seems like it could be be tanking.

I assume you are talking about harris not decker. Decker has been there like 13 seconds. Harris has been there his whole career. Anways the jets cant even figure out how to suck. They are going at it with everything they have. And the fan base is so f@cking stupid they think its a youth movement. I have read post on their board that says they are a 10 win team. From the owners to the fans that entire franchise should be burnt to the ground. Things like if they are tanking than why did they bring in josh mccown.. who gives them the best chance to win. Seriously its that sad. They are clueless. Can you imagine uttering the statement "it seems like we are tanking but why did we bring in josh mccown. " jets fans are the dumbest fans by a mile.

Woody is an ambassador...he ain't got time to screw up his Rats anymore...that's why he left the job to these guys...

circus_clowns-30541.jpg

They're not tanking. They are doing the opposite.

Think about it. Every decision they've made has been wrong. So the opposite decision should get them to the playoffs. :eek::D:eek:

george-costaza-blog-rev.jpg

It is being reported that they are trying to talk Steve Smith out of retirement.. go figure that one.

Where is fireman ed??

I think they are. They're going all-in for Darnold. Knowing the Jets, they'll more than likely screw that up, too.

They're the Jets. They're perpetually in the tank, even when they go all out.

Are the Jetes Tanking?
FIFY.

Our long running Jetes Suck threads has the answer for you -- the Jetes suck not because they're trying to suck, but because the suckage is their natural state of being. They draft players that can't play or who can't stay on the field or who have off the field issues because they suck. They sign McCown yet cut or let all their receivers walk because they are the Jetes and they suck. They draft two safeties in the first two rounds on a team with so many foundational holes to fill because they suck. They will get a high draft pick next year and select the wrong QB and he will come to New Jersey and he will suck. They hire a young coach with no head coaching experience to coach a team with no talent with the expectations that he'll make them a playoff team, then they "remain patient" long enough to draft a set of players for his system, then one day they fire him and hire an older coach with a different system and enter yet another rebuild. It's the Jetes. They suck. It's who they are.

hard to tell if a team is tanking when they are normally really bad.

FIFY.

Our long running Jetes Suck threads has the answer for you -- the Jetes suck not because they're trying to suck, but because the suckage is their natural state of being. They draft players that can't play or who can't stay on the field or who have off the field issues because they suck. They sign McCown yet cut or let all their receivers walk because they are the Jetes and they suck. They draft two safeties in the first two rounds on a team with so many foundational holes to fill because they suck. They will get a high draft pick next year and select the wrong QB and he will come to New Jersey and he will suck. They hire a young coach with no head coaching experience to coach a team with no talent with the expectations that he'll make them a playoff team, then they "remain patient" long enough to draft a set of players for his system, then one day they fire him and hire an older coach with a different system and enter yet another rebuild. It's the Jetes. They suck. It's who they are.

@Tunescribe I found the perfect post for you.

They absolutely are and it's 100% the right move. Why **** around scratching and clawing for 6 wins?

If you don't have a QB you're not going anywhere. This looks like a great class as far as QB classes go.

Even then it's up to them to do their
homework/background work, draft the right guy and develop him.

How good is Sam Darnold? Is he as good as Andrew Luck?

He's a USC quarterback, so there's that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents