PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone think Ben might play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The Steelers boards they are talking about it. All the TV shows its "he's out", but Brady said he does not believe it. The guy had surgery yesterday. I would think he needs to be out. It won't matter though.

He did have the procedure done really quick, makes you think.

Why would the Steelers run the risk of R-Burger screwing with his stitches? That'll only set him further back.

A nice summary on the injury here. I would think risk of infection alone would counsel against a same week return. The illustrations offered are from basketball, not football. Different environment and contact risks.

WWTBD?

(what would Tom Brady do?)
;)

...definitely possible.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that having the surgery quickly signals anything other than wanting him back as quickly as possible. Would I be surprised if he played? No. The "wounded warrior" schtick has always been his thing. Well, that, and rape.

He'll play.

Heck, he smashed his face against a car a decade ago and was able to molest a woman like 3 days later.
better-off-dead-jpg.14527

Yes, but he was using a different muscle group. o_O

Brady and Ben (and rivers) are the toughest QBs in the league. If anyone has a shot at playing, these guys do.

While rushing him back is generally ill advised, they may think of it like this: Without him, their odds of beating the Patriots are pretty low, and losing to them pretty much kills any idea of home field advantage and limits their chances of getting a bye week. If they were playing Cleveland I doubt we'd even be talking about this.

I'm not sure that having the surgery quickly signals anything other than wanting him back as quickly as possible.
Exactly--player surgeries are always done right away. They don't say, "how about Thursday? Are you free then?"

Definitely. He's a warrior. He belongs on a battlefield in like the 1500's. :rolleyes:

I'll believe he won't play when the inactive list comes out Sunday and he's on it.

Well wouldn't surprise me but they have a bye week after this game so that gets him basically 3 weeks, this week, next week and the week leading up to the ****birds game, where he could be back for the ****birds

Then again wouldn't surprise me if never got surgery and this is just more of him and his injury shtick. Just look at the narratives

He plays and they win- "Oh what a gutsy performance by him"
He plays and they lose- "He was out there playing on one leg"

While I doubt it, never under estimate Ben playing hurt just so we can all hear the typical "Oh look how tough he is" talk. I assume they will suck with either what's his face or Ben with one leg. We shall see...

I'm sure BB is preparing the team for the chance Ben is out there though.

Big Ben loves playing in these situations to add to his toughness moniker. Never mind that if he was planning on playing, he should have just kept his injury a secret.

I am only side he is not injured and unable to play ever again. As much as I'd hate to lose a QB that is very good and makes the game more interesting some things are more important.

If Ben does play I hope he is knocked around all game as we beat them and then injured badly for playing on it early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call