PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone going to New Orleans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Some of you know that I run a club for Pats fans going to road games called Patriots Tailgate.

One of the upcoming road games that we have a good number of Pats fans going to is New Orleans on 11/30 (Monday night).

I myself was hoping to make this game but won't be able to due to family coming into town for Thanksgiving but I'd still like to help get something organized for those that are going.

If you are a New Orleans resident, know the area well, know of a Patriots-friendly bar or an establishment that would be a good meet up spot for Pats fans within walking distance of the Superdome (French Quarter) your input would be greatly appreciated.

Because the Superdome is essentially located Downtown, there isn't much traditional parking lot tailgating going on and since many of our Pats fans will be travelling to NO just for the game and staying Downtown, it makes sense that we just find a bar to meet up at and walk over to the stadium.

We don't necessarily have to set up a big private party like we did for the West Coast games last year or Denver last month. It could simple as: "meet up at Joe's Bar starting at 3pm" or whatever. However if someone is willing to organize something bigger, I can certainly assist with trying to get the PFW guys and/or Robert Kraft to come by as we did in Denver but for that to happen, we have to have everything nailed down.

Same goes for Indianapolis and Miami games which we don't have anything currently planned for so if you have any ideas let me know though we're not expecting as large a turnout of Pats fans at those games. We do have things planned for Buffalo and Houston however.

Please reply here or PM if you have any input that can help us plan something for Houston, Indianapolis or Miami or join Patriots Tailgate if you'd just like to follow along with what we have going on because you are going to a road game.

PatsTG : Patriots Tailgate

MODS: Please allow this to remain in the main forum for at least a couple of days and then you can move it to the road games forum. Thank you!

My buddy's girlfriend is a bartender at this small bar called VooDoo 2 on Baronne street. It's not a huge place but it's rarely very busy, and it's connected to the comfort inn if anyone is staying there. Just a suggestion, there are a million bars in New Orleans.

That's a start. Thanks for the suggestion.

Check my PM. I'm a med student in NOLA and we should talk. Space for tailgating near the Superdome is at a premium and we have a great space available.

Last edited:
Check my PM. I'm a med student in NOLA and we should talk. Space for tailgating near the Superdome is at a premium and we have a great space available.

where at? tailgating in NOLA sucks (which is probably surprising to those that don't live here.) The only place I've ever really seen tailgating is on the neutral ground by the interstate.

where at? tailgating in NOLA sucks (which is probably surprising to those that don't live here.) The only place I've ever really seen tailgating is on the neutral ground by the interstate.

The roof of the HEAL Garage at/next to Tulane Medical School is a fairly big open space for tailgating that is rarely used. (Corner of LaSalle and Perdido, across Perdido from City Hall) Me and a bunch of fellow Pats fan classmates will be tailgating up there, and all Pats fans are welcome to use it as a tailgating spot.

Last edited:
trying to figure out where everyone is meeting. i am coming from ne la down for the game (my first PATS game YAY).

What's the status of this tailgate? Thinking about driving down from Dallas. If so, would love to hang with some like-minded folk . . .

Already have my tix for Houston.

KILL THE FREAKING JETS!!!!!!!!

....ooops...wrong thread

Scored some primo tickets to the game, I have 29 hours in New Orleans and plan to not sleeping, trying not to end up in a holding cell, and watching them crush the Aints.

Anybody know just how many tickets are left for this game? I might be interested in making the ride up there.

Anybody know just how many tickets are left for this game? I might be interested in making the ride up there.
We paid $100 per seat for nosebleed specials months ago.

What's the status of this tailgate?

Join Patriots Tailgate to get info on what is being discussed and planned. After your membership is approved, make sure you vote on the poll to indicate that you are going to the New Orleans game and will be included in the next message update.

Join Patriots Tailgate to get info on what is being discussed and planned. After your membership is approved, make sure you vote on the poll to indicate that you are going to the New Orleans game and will be included in the next message update.

It's official: Got my tickets moments ago! Definitely looking forward to hanging with you cats!

Hey all, my classmates and I are hosting a tailgate location in New Orleans, though it will be BYO. The location is the roof of the parking garage at the corner of Perdido and LaSalle. Tailgating space is at a premium near the Superdome and this is one of the relatively unknown locations. The garage is only 2 blocks from the Superdome and an easy walk from the French Quarter and nearby hotels.

Check out the Patriots Tailgate group for more info.

DrLev, Thanks for the info. We will see you next Monday!

What hotel are the Patriots staying at in New Orleans?

What hotel will the Patriots be stayin at in New Orleans?

I propose a Sunday noon drink at the suggested Voodoo2. 346 Baronne Street. Looks like my kinda dive to start the day.

My brother and I are coming in on Saturday. We're be playing cards at cards at Harrahs. (I’ll be the one looking bewildered at another bad beat).

We are thinking about going to the new location of the Rock And Bowl after 10pm. It’s a bowling alley/Blues club. Last time we were at the old location, people were bowling, a band was playing, people were dancing. Interesting place.

Rock And Bowl

Mid-City Lanes Rock 'N Bowl - New Orleans, LA, 70119 - Citysearch

Sunday
I’m kinda over Pat O’Brien’s but I suppose I’ll be there at some point.

As mentioned, I suggest a good luck drink at Voodoo 2 at noon.

Monday
Dr. Lev and his Med Student posse are putting together a BYO Monday Tailgate pregame.

From his post:
“The location is the roof of the parking garage at the corner of Perdido and LaSalle. Tailgating space is at a premium near the Superdome and this is one of the relatively unknown locations. The garage is only 2 blocks from the Superdome and an easy walk from the French Quarter and nearby hotels. Great location, and we can direct you to local resources for beer/food. There are a few small markets in the French Quarter and if you have a car we can direct you to local liquor stores/supermarkets.”

Jambalaya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore