PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else feel like it's Jakobi's final season here?

I love Meyers, but just think he is more in the Chris Hogan mould . Would max top 6 million a year . Better to spend 15-17 million on true bonafide receivers rather than 10-12 million on agholor . Bourne would need to be paid next season . He is not playing on 5 million . So an extension is in order.
Exactly. And Hogan was very effective when there was a strong supporting cast around him.

He's a lock as the #5/6... There's NFW he's even close to being ready for the #4 role; that's Meyers' to lose...
I'll try to be more clear.

There are 3 WR's who will get almost all the reps unless there is an injury, or perhaps even 2.

WR #4 is either a STer or perhaps a developmental player. Even then, he may spend many games as an inactive player. 3 WR's targets is plenty, given that we have top targets at TE and WR. This position seems to fit Thornton, who is a lock for the 53.

WR #5 (if there is one) is a gadget player or player who plays another position (e.g. returner, key STer, #5 RB). He would be active primarily because of his non-WR skills. We had Gunner last year. We could have Montgomery this year. Montgomery would replace Bolden as a STer.
===============
While I might spend $4M for a backup, I don't think that Belichick will. I think that there are basically two tiers of WR's.

Tier One consists of our top 3 WR's. We have 4. IMO, if all are healthy, then we trade one. So, for me, Myers may be the #4 best WR, but that isn't a roster position, and even more unlikely at $4M for a player who doesn't play ST's.

Yes and I don’t really care.

Not a game-breaker by any stretch.

You know it's a slow off-season when there's an 8 page thread about Jacobi Meyers... and I've read every word of it.

I think that Myers has to beat out Agholor or Parker to make the 53 this year.
Thornton is practicing at gunner, and is a lock as the #4 WR.

I agree, he won’t keep a back end spot at WR if he doesn’t contribute on ST units. His best hope is that they trade Agholor, and that’s unlikely at his cap number.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back