PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else a little nervous right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't about "what would have happened." it's about people thinking the Patriots are a cakewalk today because they beat Denver earlier by a big spread.

If Denver hangs on to the ball then that big spread likely doesn't happen.

Meaning, perhaps, Denver represents a little bit of a threat today, despite what some "homer vision" wants to make people believe. :)

HYour argument was based on removing the turnovers and the 3 Patriots drives that ensued, taking away the points and saying everything else would have remained the same so it would have been close. Thats like saying if the Patriots used the gameplan they adjusted to after the first quarter it would have been 60-0

Thoughts:

The Pats haven't played the strongest schedule this year.

Isn't this more a fact, stated by many others previously and now repeated by you? As opposed to a thought?

HYour argument was based on removing the turnovers and the 3 Patriots drives that ensued, taking away the points and saying everything else would have remained the same so it would have been close.

Where on earth did you come up with that?

All I said was remove the 3 turnovers and what remains was pretty even.

Don't have the 3 turnovers and the Patriots "might" have still managed to stop Denver and then go the additional 40+ yards that a punt would have added in cases where their was enough field left, and still scored the same amount of points.

OR

The Patriots don't stop Denver all 3 times and Denver scores on one of the 3 drives and eliminates 1 Patriots scoring drive because of lost time. Or Denver scores on 2 of those drives ...

OR

Many other possibilities. NONE of which equate to 3 Patriots scores done quickly.

So, I don't know where you are coming up with that but all you have to do is a bit of research to learn that a 3-turnover differential is almost ALWAYS a HUGE difference in a game.

I'm not too nervous...Our guys seem pretty relaxed, but really focused. They know what they need to do. They're healthy, hungry, and they've had a good week of preparation/practice. Even Bill's demeanor this week was unusually upbeat. Our little postseason slump is ending tonight, ladies and gentlemen.

They seemed pretty relaxed and focused last year, until Brady threw that INT that damned the team for the rest of the game. I know the D sucks, but the Ravens playoff lost was mostly Brady's fault and the Jets game was mostly Brady's fault.

Brady needs get the playoff wins streak out of his head and go out and beat these teams.

I'm gonna hafta go ahead and take back what I said yesterday about not being nervous. Haven't eaten all day and not likely to have an appetite anytime soon

Not nervous, but I do wonder what kind of noise would be within the organization if they blow it again

I was on Monday, but not nervous at all today. I could feel it in my bones the last few days. The Pats are going to win this game.

I wish I had some Valium.

Last edited:
Where on earth did you come up with that?

All I said was remove the 3 turnovers and what remains was pretty even.

Don't have the 3 turnovers and the Patriots "might" have still managed to stop Denver and then go the additional 40+ yards that a punt would have added in cases where their was enough field left, and still scored the same amount of points.

OR

The Patriots don't stop Denver all 3 times and Denver scores on one of the 3 drives and eliminates 1 Patriots scoring drive because of lost time. Or Denver scores on 2 of those drives ...

OR

Many other possibilities. NONE of which equate to 3 Patriots scores done quickly.

So, I don't know where you are coming up with that but all you have to do is a bit of research to learn that a 3-turnover differential is almost ALWAYS a HUGE difference in a game.

Are you still going on with this nonsense? If you want to get rid of the turnovers in your parallel "what if.." universe how about we get rid of the 1st quarter too? Because the next three proved that one was an anomaly.

Last edited:
Still feel okay...but might get a little nervous by kickoff. I got my Maker's Mark to take care of that :cool:

I actually am actually surprisingly calm right now. I'm usually nervous before any game, but for some reason, I just feel good about this one.

I picked a bad time to give up drinking. :bricks:

Are you still going on with this nonsense? If you want to get rid of the turnovers in your parallel "what if.." universe how about we get rid of the 1st quarter too? Because the next three proved that one was an anomaly.

Silly me. I just didn't realize turnovers are meaningless. I'm glad you straightened me out.

I guess I'm a fool then to say it would have been a different game had Brady not thrown 4 INTs against Buffalo.

I'm glad you made me see we would have lost that game no matter what because turnovers mean nothing.

Thanks for explaining this complicated football thingy to me. Maybe now I can watch tonight and not care how many times the Patriots turn over the ball. Good to know. ;)

I picked a bad time to give up drinking. :bricks:

Yes you did my friend.....why don't you start pounding with the plan to give it up AFTER the SB!!!!! It is amazing how calm (if not completely out of it) you can become with a few ****tails!!! GO PATS!

Silly me. I just didn't realize turnovers are meaningless. I'm glad you straightened me out.

I guess I'm a fool then to say it would have been a different game had Brady not thrown 4 INTs against Buffalo.

I'm glad you made me see we would have lost that game no matter what because turnovers mean nothing.

Thanks for explaining this complicated football thingy to me. Maybe now I can watch tonight and not care how many times the Patriots turn over the ball. Good to know. ;)

Your a lost cause bro. Have fun dismissing results and making what if scenarios.

Quitter.

10char

:goodposting:

**** it... off the wagon i jump!! :rocker:

photo.php

Last edited:
I am nervous. In 2007 I was incredibly confident. Never, ever saw that coming. In 2009, I was confident but felt with the loss of welker, it was a lost season. In 2010, I was confident and was shocked at the result. Now, I am nervous as hell. If the Pats lose to this team, we will officially be the Indianapolis colts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back