PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any word on Gronk's status?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Church got a fine of 25k.

However he got the Patriots biggest threat out. If the Jags had won the game he would make a bonus of at least 96k (for going to and losing a SB, 148k for winning).

Current financial incentives in the playoffs encourage headhunting.

Yeah and probably killed off our chances to win a 6th ring.

Any word when Gronk mght be officially cleared? Tuesday, Wednesday? I would think we want him out there practicing this week.

Any word when Gronk mght be officially cleared? Tuesday, Wednesday? I would think we want him out there practicing this week.

Whenever he ceases to have a concussion. I think concussions usually end on Wednesday, but I may be wrong.

Whenever he ceases to have a concussion. I think concussions usually end on Wednesday, but I may be wrong.

Thanks, yeah, I just worry that knowing Bill they will try and milk this up until the game and list him as a game time decision or something. Just please clear him so us fans can breathe a sigh of relief!

Thanks, yeah, I just worry that knowing Bill they will try and milk this up until the game and list him as a game time decision or something. Just please clear him so us fans can breathe a sigh of relief!
No problem, man. Concussions and how they’re handled are tricky so I’m glad I could be of assistance.

Doesn't say participate.....but present is good. With Gronk missing SB LI I think he is gonna have a huge game against Philly. He's gotta be hungry!

Sounds like Step 4 of 5
NFL concussion five-step return process without any set timeline for a full return from a concussion:

1. Rest and recovery: Until a player returns to the "baseline level of signs and symptoms and neurological examination," only limited stretching and balance activities are recommended. Electronics, social media and team meetings are all to be avoided.
  2. Light aerobic exercise: The NFL recommends 10-20 minutes on a stationary bike or treadmill without resistance training or weight training. The cardiovascular activity is monitored by an athletic trainer to "determine if there are any recurrent concussion signs or symptoms."
  3. Continued aerobic exercise and introduction of strength training: Increased duration and intensity of aerobic exercise with strength training added. An athletic trainer will supervise to watch for recurrent concussions signs or symptoms.
  4. Football specific activities: The cognitive load of playing football will be added and players will participate in non-contact activities for the typical duration of a full practice.
  5. Full football activity/clearance: A player returns to full participation in practice, including contact without restriction.

that actually is very un-Bill like

The way he's moving looks like he's participating here. Great news that he'll more than likely get a full week.

He's not wearing red. Does that imply contact is allowed?

Starting to become slightly more irrationally worried about Malcolm Brown now...

Bill Bellicjick does not "milk" things up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down