PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
The steeler fans are going crazy

So, the only advantage to making $4M of the bonus payable next year seems to be that this makes it easier for the team to choose not to play the guaranteed money.

To be clearer, this gives AB a $5M check and hold back the rest except for salary each week.

Per Miguel:

People are wringing their hands about AB and whether he can accept a role on this team that might not feature him as THE guy.
I'm sure he knows who he's signing with and if he had a problem with that possibility he wouldn't have wanted to come here at all.

I think that one was already denied strongly by some beat guys in the know saying that the Redskins were just trying to stir up some more interest by mentioning the Pats.

The article is from August 22nd. If so, those denials were before the Cannon injury and Andrews IR'ing.

IF (a big IF) Cannon goes to IR, what is more important to the 2019 Patriots - - Antonio Brown added to the WR roster or Trent Williams added to our OL?

So, the only advantage to making $4M of the bonus payable next year seems to be that this makes it easier for the team to choose not to play the guaranteed money.

To be clearer, this gives AB a $5M check and hold back the rest except for salary each week.
That’s right. Also could be a cash flow issue (Patriots might not have the money in cash at the moment). This is actually not uncommon in NFL contracts.

It’s pretty clear he started acting up to get away from Ben and then again to get away from the Raiders. The Steelers dealt him to a team he didn’t want to go to so he pulled the crazy act to get released and control his own path.

My guess is he’ll be fine in NE this year, rehab his image, have a great chance to win a SB and then cash in after the season.
In other words, you have a good amount of confidence that he's rational, whereas many of us have a hard time getting to that level of confidence.

Personally, I think he's irrational, but I also think it's about 50/50 odds that he will be able to keep it together for one season, and it's worth the risk to find out.

Douche and Squeaky having an absolute meltdown about Pats signing him.

The article is from August 22nd. If so, those denials were before the Cannon injury and Andrews IR'ing.

IF (a big IF) Cannon goes to IR, what is more important to the 2019 Patriots - - Antonio Brown added to the WR roster or Trent Williams added to our OL?

Brown is a luxury. A functioning OL a necessity.

Uh oh Ben Watson doesn’t want to give up #84. AB might refuse to play if he can’t wear 84.

Uh oh Ben Watson doesn’t want to give up #84. AB might refuse to play if he can’t wear 84.

Go with #81? From what I hear Watson isn’t saying he won’t give up #84.

Go with #81? From what I hear Watson isn’t saying he won’t give up #84.
If he threw a tantrum over a helmet, don’t put it past him to throw one over a number

Douche and Squeaky having an absolute meltdown about Pats signing him.
I was out running errands and caught their monologues.....

"The Patriots sold their souls".

"Bill has no respect for other coaches".

"The Patriots set a bad example".

Those two bobos even agreed with Achmed the dead fmr Colts HC.

If he threw a tantrum over a helmet, don’t put it past him to throw one over a number
Then it ends, fast. There is no slack & we don't need him. He even has to know that.

Then it ends, fast. There is no slack & we don't need him. He even has to know that.

Rosenhaus has stated that he's made it clear to Brown that the Patriots don't put up with this sort of stuff.

Brown would look pretty darn slick in #87 IMO.
His logic for 84 is that 8x4=32 and there were 32 teams that passed on him(including the steelers) I kid you not.

I really hope he gets the fact that we don’t need him and he needs us. He is totally expendable
We kind of get you don't like this move, since you have been complaining about it since it happened. Why don't you calm down a bit and enjoy it for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes