PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
How’s the TEAM doing, Mr Football Genius? (or are you another one of those FFL offensive stat boys?)

Trent Dilfer won a SB with a great defense.

We are seeing a clear divide between actual Patriot fans and FFL stat boys.
Are you twelve years old? I can't find any other way to explain your bottomless ignorance of the basics of this game. Maybe if you had started watching the sport, even just this team, more than two weeks ago, you would have the requisite knowledge bank to understand that there have been not a few but many teams that had an all-world defense but no offense and ended up falling short because of the latter.

A simpler way to put it would be this: if you think pulling out a victory against the Chiefs or even the Ravens, with the offense playing the way it is now, will happen just the way it did last night against the Giants, you're just football-stupid and will never be able to grasp the most fundamental principles of the sport. If you think our offense can play the way it did last night and even have a prayer against the Chiefs, you need to find a new sport because you're clueless.

I suppose you think our defense is going to hold Mahomes and company to seven points? Or would you guess they score fourteen? Twenty-one? The Chiefs aren't going to turn the ball over five times.

Don’t worry, I have no intent to further engage or enlighten an uncouth individual as yourself. Bye.

giphy.gif

Are you twelve years old? I can't find any other way to explain your bottomless ignorance of the basics of this game. Maybe if you had started watching the sport, even just this team, more than two weeks ago, you would have the requisite knowledge bank to understand that there have been not a few but many teams that had an all-world defense but no offense and ended up falling short because of the latter.

A simpler way to put it would be this: if you think pulling out a victory against the Chiefs or even the Ravens, with the offense playing the way it is now, will happen just the way it did last night against the Giants, you're just football-stupid and will never be able to grasp the most fundamental principles of the sport. If you think our offense can play the way it did last night and even have a prayer against the Chiefs, you need to find a new sport because you're clueless.

I suppose you think our defense is going to hold Mahomes and company to seven points? Or would you guess they score fourteen? Twenty-one? The Chiefs aren't going to turn the ball over five times.

Hmmm, sounds like you are getting unhinged a bit there, Pastor. How many did the Chiefs score this past Sunday night against a lesser D than the Pats?????

Just the facts:

How’s the Chiefs Defense?

Someday you may you may learn the season is long and Belichick plays it like a Rubik’s cube. Players will come back from injury and IR. He’ll make a few personnel moves.

Now here is a question for you, who obviously didn’t watch any football last Sunday night. This entire season so far, have the Patriots scored LESS points in any game than the KC Chiefs did AT HOME against the Colts? I’ll anxiously await your informed answer.

In the meantime I like our defense better than Colts defense and I like Brady at QB better than Jacoby Brissett. Plus, any game against the Chiefs this year will be at Gillette. But keep believing the Patriots are in a bad position vs the Chiefs.

Last edited:
It's much more likely that Diggs comes through that door than Sanders. Diggs base salary is 2M cheaper than Sanders and the Pats could easily change much of the remaining salary into a signing bonus spread over the 5 years of his contract. Especially since no SB proration would come with the contract.
Not really......MN has nobody to replace him with so moving him makes no sense

Not really......MN has nobody to replace him with so moving him makes no sense

I’d be ok with Sanu (Atlanta is done) for Bennett and a draft pick if that were doable.

No. I’ll watch it this weekend at some point or next week at the latest. Going with the fiancée for dinner, drinks, and Joker after work.
Does Joker know you two will be arriving late?

Hmmm, sounds like you are getting unhinged a bit there, Pastor. How many did the Chiefs score this past Sunday night against a lesser D than the Pats?????

Just the facts:

How’s the Chiefs Defense?

Someday you may you may learn the season is long and Belichick plays it like a Rubik’s cube. Players will come back from injury and IR. He’ll make a few personnel moves.

Now here is a question for you, who obviously didn’t watch any football last Sunday night. This entire season so far, have the Patriots scored LESS points in any game than the KC Chiefs did AT HOME against the Colts? I’ll anxiously await your informed answer.

In the meantime I like our defense better than Colts defense and I like Brady at QB better than Jacoby Brissett. Plus, any game against the Chiefs this year will be at Gillette. But keep believing the Patriots are in a bad position vs the Chiefs.

Wow...Did you really try to bust out the transitive property in sports? You really are sounding more by the minute like you're twelve years old.

The Chiefs lost last season to the Chargers, whom we stomped...So by your middle-school logic, we should have blown the Chiefs out. Unfortunately, that's not the way it works.

There's this minor detail called match-ups. The Colts have a completely different offensive line than ours, one that tends to open a lot more and better holes for the running game than our depleted line does. You may have missed this, but the Colts had one running back that rushed for over 130 yards against the Chiefs. The Colts also had all of their top receivers available for that game. I know you have no concept of the fact that what the offense does affects the defense, and that the Colts defense didn't hold the Chiefs to 13 in a vacuum.

What do you think the odds are that we have one back rush for 132 yards against the Chiefs, genius? Especially if Brilliant Bob stands pat and doesn't fix his colossal mistake by going out and getting another top wideout or TE?

Wow...Did you really try to bust out the transitive property in sports? You really are sounding more by the minute like you're twelve years old.

The Chiefs lost last season to the Chargers, whom we stomped...So by your middle-school logic, we should have blown the Chiefs out. Unfortunately, that's not the way it works.

There's this minor detail called match-ups. The Colts have a completely different offensive line than ours, one that tends to open a lot more and better holes for the running game than our depleted line does. You may have missed this, but the Colts had one running back that rushed for over 130 yards against the Chiefs. The Colts also had all of their top receivers available for that game. I know you have no concept of the fact that what the offense does affects the defense, and that the Colts defense didn't hold the Chiefs to 13 in a vacuum.

What do you think the odds are that we have one back rush for 132 yards against the Chiefs, genius? Especially if Brilliant Bob stands pat and doesn't fix his colossal mistake by going out and getting another top wideout or TE?

You're going to have to excuse the lack of a response from Smessy for a few minutes. He is cleaning himself up after he crapped all over himself with that Bennett for Sanu post.

But don't worry. He'll respond soon enough with something attempting witty and smug. Brace yourself for something really mean. It might even hurt your feelings. Take care my friend . You'll be in my prayers.

You may have missed last night’s total dignity throwing rant during the game day thread. He’s gone from being a semi-reasonable Kraft loyalist to an all-our belligerent, annoying yutz. Last night his argument was that Brown was the reason the Steelers didn’t win a championship. Direct quote was “he destroyed the championship chances for the most talented team in the league” referring to the Steelers. The went on an embarrassing rant about the binary nature of wins/losses which is that Brown didn’t win a ring in Pittsburgh so he’s a loser/invaluable player. You’d think I’m exaggerating but I’m not.

At that point I realized what I am arguing with and have decided it would be best not to engage.

The Patriots May win a Super Bowl without Brown. They may lose a Super Bowl for releasing him. Fine. But to state, then double, then triple down on his ridiculous take that Brown is a proven negative to have on a team is juvenile and desperate. For years I’ve noticed this dude is about as shallow as they come about any topic, but now Insee he’s bitter, vindictive, and dishonest. He’s in a contest with DaBruinz to see which one is more smug, irrational, stubborn, and petty. Neither of them can concede even the most minor of points, while DaBruinz outright has no grasp of the basic undisputed facts about Brown’s release, going with his MO of screaming loud and ad hominem attacks over actually reading about something before digging in on an absurd position. I don’t know which of the two has embarrassed themselves more here. Two long-time posters put themselves as non-credible fools. And many people are on board with Brown’s release, but they haven’t thrown away all shreds of dignity and credibility to make that point.

You're going to have to excuse the lack of a response from Smessy for a few minutes. He is cleaning himself up after he crapped all over himself with that Bennett for Sanu post.

But don't worry. He'll respond soon enough with something attempting witty and smug. Brace yourself for something really mean. It might even hurt your feelings. Take care my friend . You'll be in my prayers.

I saw that post. WTF was that?? Lol.

I’d be ok with Sanu (Atlanta is done) for Bennett and a draft pick if that were doable.

Which pill container did you use this morning?

You may have missed last night’s total dignity throwing rant during the game day thread. He’s gone from being a semi-reasonable Kraft loyalist to an all-our belligerent, annoying yutz. Last night his argument was that Brown was the reason the Steelers didn’t win a championship. Direct quote was “he destroyed the championship chances for the most talented team in the league” referring to the Steelers. The went on an embarrassing rant about the binary nature of wins/losses which is that Brown didn’t win a ring in Pittsburgh so he’s a loser/invaluable player. You’d think I’m exaggerating but I’m not.

At that point I realized what I am arguing with and have decided it would be best not to engage.

The Patriots May win a Super Bowl without Brown. They may lose a Super Bowl for releasing him. Fine. But to state, then double, then triple down on his ridiculous take that Brown is a proven negative to have on a team is juvenile and desperate. For years I’ve noticed this dude is about as shallow as they come about any topic, but now Insee he’s bitter, vindictive, and dishonest. He’s in a contest with DaBruinz to see which one is more smug, irrational, stubborn, and petty. Neither of them can concede even the most minor of points, while DaBruinz outright has no grasp of the basic undisputed facts about Brown’s release, going with his MO of screaming loud and ad hominem attacks over actually reading about something before digging in on an absurd position. I don’t know which of the two has embarrassed themselves more here. Two long-time posters put themselves as non-credible fools. And many people are on board with Brown’s release, but they haven’t thrown away all shreds of dignity and credibility to make that point.
This board has gotten a bit high strung lately. Maybe he was drinking who knows.. I would say either way being “right” is overrated. Better to be gracious and let it go. No need for any of us to get personal.

Look at Sanu’s numbers.....we need explosive elite WR here....not a declining possession guy....I think everyone saw how a guy like AB opened up this offense....now I guess he is done here...but they need another elite WR to really get O firing.....Diggs could be that guy but they aren’t trading him most likely....sanu....AJ Green (injured a lot now)....not really going to help that much....

The cap charge is $5.75m this year and $4.5m next year. I don't think it accelerated by cutting him.

I believe the reason why they cut him was because of a) his behavior and b) weasel out of paying him the 1st installment on 9/23 and the next one 1/15/2020.

Was there a team suspension avenue for the Patriots to take (keeping him on the team but moving him to Siberia for a period of time while concurrently making it look like the Patriots were getting tough with him as well as appeasing the media sharks)? If so and they had that option and didn't take it, I buy the weaseling out of paying him motivation (or at least part of the reason). This outright cut would seemingly provide argument for contract violation->no pay?

But like it or not, the Patriots currently desperately need AB. Whether it is 'not right' to have a 'guy like that' on the team is a separate question.

Was there a team suspension avenue for the Patriots to take (keeping him on the team but moving him to Siberia for a period of time while concurrently making it look like the Patriots were getting tough with him as well as appeasing the media sharks)? If so and they had that option and didn't take it, I buy the weaseling out of paying him motivation (or at least part of the reason). This outright cut would seemingly provide argument for contract violation->no pay?

But like it or not, the Patriots currently desperately need AB. Whether it is 'not right' to have a 'guy like that' on the team is a separate question.
Good post.

I'd only state we need another very good WR.

We don't need AB

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference